Do you keep your food diary open?

Options
124»

Replies

• dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I keep mine private and I don't accept friend requests either. I have a hard time keeping up with the social network I have for book reviews (which is more of a joy to me than what I eat or how much exercise I do, quite frankly) and I feel that reading, searching and occasionally posting on these message boards allows me to give and receive the external support I need and am willing to give.

I'm in this for life, so I feel I need to be accountable to myself only, and I don't want it to become my life.
  • aliciamunday7
    aliciamunday7 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I keep mine open. I have nothing to hide and I could care less if someone reading it didnt like what I'm eating.
  • KayBallin
    KayBallin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. It's not really a big deal to me, tbh....
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I keep mine closed for privacy reasons. I also dont fill it in everyday, as i pretty much eat the same things. I know how much to eat and what puts me over the top.. but lately since i've been closely tracking my sodium and carbs, then i fill in my diary.. but if i need to know anything i just ask on the forums. I have looked at some others' diaries and i am amazed (in a good way for them) that they log in every tiny aspect of things which i would not bother with, i.e. they put in 2 lettuce leaves, 3 radishes, 1 oz of chicken, etc. very detailed.. i dont want to go that detailed.

so i couldn't help anyone anyway with what i do in my food diary! :)

I have found that my way only helps me, as I am constantly tweaking the kind of food i put in my mouth and my way is strictly for me, as my food choices might or might not help you, so i dont see the need to share. there may be 100 ways to lose weight here at MFP, but 90% of those ways might not help me, so its really my own path to follow what works for me. :)

I do appreciate those that have answered a few of my questions here on the forums - thank you :)
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Closed. People need to figure out what works and is sustainable for them. What works for me is not important to anyone but me.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Perhaps to inspire?

Perhaps to give others meal ideas?
  • NoLimitFemme
    NoLimitFemme Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm just naturally curious and I will read peoples profiles and check their food diaries. I'm always looking for different healthy food options. I leave mine open because I don't feel the need to hide it. I also post in the forums and I figure since I'm posting publically (at least on MFP) then having my profile/diary open helps others identify with me better.

Also, my husband and I are on two different paths, I'm losing/toning and he's bulking/gaining and while I have my down pretty good I do look at a lot of the gainers/body builders for ideas to keep my husband's protein and calories high.
  • TheProudDadLife
    TheProudDadLife Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Accountability, some may be less likely to eat what they are trying to refrain from. Kinda like if you have a training/ workout partner your less likely to miss the gym ... just a guess