Healthy foods that feel guilty!

Options
13»

Replies

• jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I like to start the day with plan cheero cereal, vanilla soy milk, with a 1/4 of fresh strawberries. Its a strawberry vanilla treat for only 140-150 cals.

Another I like are sweet plums. Low cal and they task sweet. I like them better then a candy bar.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I just love having something cold in my mouth that occupies my time so I was so very excited to find out that 7-11 now offers crystal light SLURPEES!!! I can slurp on it for at least five minutes and it tastes oh so good.. Beware though I do put aside 60 calories for that one because even though its Crystal light it still has calories for some reason... Oh wait you said healthy.... Iol
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I second non- fat greek yogurt.... no fat, high protein, low calorie, and soooo thick and rich and creamy.. I love it.
  • 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I add powdered ranch dressing mix to plain greek yogurt, and use it to dip my veggies. Tastes just like when you make it with sour cream, but only about 16 calories per ounce! Plus the added protein. Add a little milk for salad dressing.

I also love the 40 calorie, sugar-free fudgesicles! So good. But don't ever try the generic store brand. The Kroger brand ones are really gross!!!

Love this!!! Will have to try it since Ranch is the only dressing I like and sooooo high in calories.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Take a banana, cut it into 4-5 pieces, freeze, then throw in food processor and process into a creamy ice cream like texture. Add a dash of vanilla or cinnamon to taste.

Beyond heaven.

This + Tablespoon of Peanut Butter + tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder = ZOMG! ice cream!

Also, cottage cheese + tablespoon of pesto sauce blended together = yumski. I eat this with vegetables all the time.
  • nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    These are awesome guys!!! Keep 'em coming as I'm rubbish at having any kind on ingenuity with food at all!!!! :love: Yummy!!!
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    JELLO brand low fat, sugar free chocolate and dark chocolate pudding <3

I second that, try sticking a spoon in the top and freezing for a few hours. A decadent frozen treat that far surpasses any FULL fat frozen fudgesicle!!!!
  • dodoodoodo
    dodoodoodo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yogurtland! (frozen yogurt) not healthy, but a good dessert idea with not too many calories for what you get :)
  • LaSirena29
    Options
    I love that Knorr spinach dip that you often find stuffed into a big bread roll at parties. When I worked out the calories, a half a cup of the regular is 336 calories & 30g fat, not counting all that bread I was eating with it! I still make it, but instead of real mayonaise, I use light miracle whip and instead of sour cream, I use fat free plain yogurt. Brings it down to having 106 calories & 3g fat for a half a cup serving. If I'm really craving the bread, I'll have it with a 100 calorie sandwich round, but usually I have it with endive or celery. So yummy!
  • vegigal
    vegigal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas. Love the banana icecream idea - I'm going to try it.

I love Lizi's Original Granola - just sets me for the morning. Other flavours available also but this is filling and delicious. Can be obtained from www.good-carb-food.co.uk - not sure about other countries.

K
  • herosal
    Options
    What are dark chocolate dreams?
  • moonport
    moonport Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Baked Cheetos
    Quaker Mini Chocolately Mint rice cakes (tastes just like girl scout cookies)
    Reduced Sugar Fudge Bars (only 60 calories)
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Bump, I need to write some of these down.
    I am all for the hummus, I eat lots with cut up veggies.
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yummo on all of these great ideas! My favorite not really healthy indulgance right now is any flavor of Breyer's fat-free ice cream. They are the bomb!!! My favorite healthy food that feels guilty is my Egg Beaters omelette. I saute 1 or 2 sliced crimini mushrooms, and a bid handful of fresh spinach (by it from the salad bar - it's cheaper than by the bag!) either 1/2 or 3/4 cup of egg beaters (depending on how hungry I am) and a slice of Sargento baby swiss. It rocks!! It's around 150 cals and 6g fat from the cheese. It's my weekend breakfast right now. Also Kroger brand Lite Yogurts. They taste really good and are dirt cheap! :happy:
  • cableknit
    Options
    sauteed onions! Yum!!!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You had me at "cheese" :-) I also LOVE LOVE LOVE Laughing Cow cheese (the light swiss is my favorite) paired with the garlic parmesan or the 4 cheese triscuit thin crisps. I also love the mini babybel cheese wheels.

Skinny Cow cookies & cream ice cream sandwiches. And, we had these at a work function - Icee frozen pops! Yes, like Icee at the movies, but they come in these cups and are like 70 calories (my friend said she bought a pack of 40 for like $8 at Sam's).

I also love making my own hot chocolate: skim milk, some sugar free chocolate syrup and light cool whip (that has been frozen)... I love the warm and the cold...YUM ;-)
  • 2Bfit4ever
    Options
    I absolutely agree about the sugar free jello cups. They are 'yummy' and a great snack. Something else that you can make in less than 10 minutes too, is sugar free, fat free ambrosia! It is soooo good.

equal amounts of low fat cottage cheese and cool whip
    small pkg of sugar free orange jello
    drained and rinsed pineapple chunks
    drained and rinsed mandrian oranges

Mix together, chill, ready to eat in about 30 minutes :happy:
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Used Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss today on a bagel thin instead of cream cheese. To die for. YUM!
  • uchoosehowufeel
    Options
    No Pudge Brownies & Better'n Peanut Butter :drinker:
  • Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hatch green chili sauce and a sprinkle of shredded cheese on just about anything makes it wonderful! Add fresh onions and cilantro for extra goodness. Put it over beans if you're vegetarian, or over chicken if you're low carb.