Gym Ettiqute - Language Included

Options
13»

Replies

• Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Every gym I know of, has posted rules. Wipe down the bench you just used, no cell phone usage, limit use to your machine to X # of minutes, etc.

The other day I witnessed a guy that was "super setting." I saw that he hogged up four different stations because he was "super setting." A couple of ladies were trying to use the hack squat machine, he yells at them, "I'm super setting." They scratched their heads and proceeded to unload the 45lb plates off the machine.

So people...super setting is when some bros think it's okay to hog up every piece of equipment in the gym and then run from station to station trying to kill their muscles. You're welcome, you are now smarter.

"Well, I'm Super PMSing"....*remove plates* *dirty look*
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad this topic came up, a question that's been burning in my brain since I recently joined a YMCA. I pretty much only use a treadmill and stationary bike so far. The posted rules say clean the machine when your done. Nobody does it for those machines and when I do everyone stairs at me like I'm a weirdo. Should I or shouldn't I?

ALWAYS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS wipe your station down before and after. There are so many nasty *kitten* people that don't wash their hands after using the restroom.

Nor after their junk pulling routine. Some dirty people in that other thread might use your gym....
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    People who hog the squat rack doing biceps curls or other stupid exercises where the squat rack isn't necessary, or the idiot who talks all darn day who 'using' some piece of equipment doing nothing but talking
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I'm fond of the guy that flexes after completing each set. One in particular, no matter what exercise....be it curls, squats, or shoulder shrugs....will make a loud noise when re-racking his weight, will then step close to the mirror, lift up his shirt and flex his non-existent abs.

Hilarious.
  • Ataraxia81
    Ataraxia81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    When staff stand in front of the bicep curl chatting it up for 45 minutes. I just did all my other weights and saved it til last when they decided to stop. I always wipe down my machines afterwards, sometimes even stopping someone from getting on it before I can wipe it down. I sweat a lot.
  • IWILLBelieveAchieveInspire
    Options
    What about the person that doesn't step back from the dumbell rack far enough before they start the exercise, so you have to wait until they're done to get the dumbells you need.

I'll one up you! lol How about what you describe..PLUS. taking up a whole section of the dumbbells by laying a stack of paper notes of what the guy has to do for the workout on them...geesh..see this every damn day! I just wanna scream...get your **** off the dumbbells and move back! lol
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    All of this gym bellyaching really makes me miss the Army.
  • LouLoulost
    LouLoulost Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I hate the yellers at the gym-it's so distracting, Dude shut up really!??? do you need to scream like that?
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    People who hog the squat rack doing biceps curls or other stupid exercises where the squat rack isn't necessary, or the idiot who talks all darn day who 'using' some piece of equipment doing nothing but talking

Normally people are decent at my gym, but we went during peak hours and some a-hole was doing pushups under the squat rack. Really, dude? you do not need to be RIGHT THERE. He had no interest in moving for anyone, and if someone took "his machine" (meaning any machine at all in a 10 foot radius) he would rush over there to cut in front of them. Dude got more of a workout running from machine to machine than lifting any actual weights.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    These threads always make me appreciate my gym more
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    I love my gym. It's the same old gym rats there every morning. We all have our own routine and work well together and around each other.