My mom just took away the tv without any warning!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• galeckifan4ever
    Options
    this thread doesn't seem like something a 25-year old would post. :huh:

This. Im 23 and this wouldnt happen. One i live on my own and if youre 25 you should too unless there is some extreme reason or you take care of your mom. Also its just tv. who cares there is so much more to life.
    I have a mental/learning disability.
  • galeckifan4ever
    Options
    As a person who has family members with legitimate learning disabilities as well as mental handicaps that prevent said family members from working, I am at a loss for words and extremely offended that you would pretend to have any kind of disability to get attention as an internet forum troll. OP you are a disgusting human being :sick: :noway:
    You don't think IN have a legitimate learning disability or mental handicap? Why?
  • galeckifan4ever
    Options
    As a person who has family members with legitimate learning disabilities as well as mental handicaps that prevent said family members from working, I am at a loss for words and extremely offended that you would pretend to have any kind of disability to get attention as an internet forum troll. OP you are a disgusting human being :sick: :noway:
    What makes you think I am pretending to have a disability to get attention?
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    Im 25, and I want to know how I can get the tv back

Move out and be thankful that you got to live at home for as long as you did. I was out at 18, and knew I had to be considering I got luggage for High School Graduation. That's the quickest way to get back things you don't have now. Be the one in control of your life and your desired tv time.
  • galeckifan4ever
    Options
    What makes you think I don't have a legitimate learning disability or mental handicap?
  • stormyxpony
    stormyxpony Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is beating a dead horse here.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Yes. Please refer to pages 5 and 6 for the official outing of the troll. Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Yes. Please refer to pages 5 and 6 for the official outing of the troll. Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Come on, you know the way is to only read the first page and then hit reply. Duh. :tongue:
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    You didn't tell us if you had done what your mother asked you to do. If the answer is "no", I imagine that's what set her off. Maybe it's time to stop watching TV and help out a bit?

Yep, this ^^

Plus - HOW old did you say you are? 25 is not believable in this context
  • quietair
    quietair Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You could always pimp to get money and buy a new TV. I hear it's not easy, though.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Without looking at other threads posted, the OP seems legit to me. Some people with autism are very fixated and one track minded on things like electronics. I don't know the exact nature of her disability, but it's not really my business to.

OP, if you have a qualifying disability and don't already receive government assistance, you can look into that. Most places have housing assistance available for people with qualifying disabilities so you can live independently or in assisted living and essentially make your own rules, as long as you respect the people around you.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Checking out the wrongplanet forum, she has posts from November about not being able to watch types of television. She also posted this post about losing her tv today, so two different issues. I believe OP and think she should at least get the benefit of the doubt here.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

Added the gif for ya. :wink:

beating-dead-horse%202.gif
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Im 25, and I want to know how I can get the tv back

Move out and be thankful that you got to live at home for as long as you did. I was out at 18, and knew I had to be considering I got luggage for High School Graduation. That's the quickest way to get back things you don't have now. Be the one in control of your life and your desired tv time.

Subtlety was not your parents' strong suit, was it?
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

no. you're not the boss of me. :angry:
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,005 Member
    Options
    Yes I know OP probably isn't genuine but throwing in my 2c worth anyway.

I see nothing wrong with 25 year olds living with their mum, IF both parties are happy with arrangement and pulling their own weight.

Doesn't sound like this is the case here though.

Are TV's really expensive in USA?.
    In Australia small ones are relatively cheap, even someone on a low income could save and buy their own without much difficulty.
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    What should you do? Post about it on mfp of course!

:laugh:
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options

Are TV's really expensive in USA?.
    In Australia small ones are relatively cheap, even someone on a low income could save and buy their own without much difficulty.
    Sounds like, if it was legit, she could afford the tv, just not the house to put it in.