How often do you log your weight?

Options

Replies

• Staniel_2013
    Staniel_2013 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Every Friday morning and just once a week. That way I can tell if I have been following my weekly goals. Everyday is too much for me.
  • blanphere
    blanphere Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm an accountant and I like numbers, so you might have to take this with a grain of salt...

I weigh daily, and I record that in a spreadsheet that I have set up. From that data I calculate a 7-day moving average of my daily weights and that is what I pay most attention to -- is it steady or trending down. For me, the 7 day average rarely moves up unless I haven't been following my program.

I record my Sunday weight in MFP just so that I have something in here for reports (and so that I can get pats on the back from my friends). And yeah, if it's up for the week I still record it -- of COURSE I do. It's just information, and if I have crappy information, then I can't make decisions about what's working and what isn't. Garbage in, garbage out and all that.

:flowerforyou:

It's good to know I am not alone! I do the same thing, and get teased about it constantly! I have all kinds if charts and graphs to go along with my data. Hee hee...stats geek I am!
  • MicheleMWolf
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but only record it (on this site) once per week (usually on Mondays).
  • christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and log all fluctuations (up or down).
  • TopazCutie
    TopazCutie Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I log mine every time I have a loss
  • Super_Amy
    Super_Amy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I log when I like what the scale is telling me. I only log "gains" once I'm convinced its not water.
  • bugbldr
    bugbldr Posts: 9
    Options
    I weigh in every monday morning before I get in the shower. Place the scale in the same place on the floor. I try and keep the same routine so that my weekly weigh in isn't skewed. I find myself looking forward to the weighin as a payoff for the previous weeks work.
  • kb64506a
    kb64506a Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log weight once a week, on Tuesdays, immediately after getting up but after my, um...morning elimination! :)

I weigh myself multiple times (usually takes 3x) until the scale reads the same weight two consecutive times to eliminate any external influence like temperature or initialization a scale might do. If I have lost weight or at least not gained, I earn a 200 to 300 calorie treat that week.

I have heard that daily weighing is a good thing but my thinking is that an ounce or two a day isn't going to motivate me one way or the other.

I log food and exercise as close to the time when I consume or do it. Generally, that means just before I exercise or eat (planned) or just after.

I had great success using MFP, exercise, and eating a healthy diet last year: lost 70 pounds!
  • boshka74
    boshka74 Posts: 23
    Options
    I usually jump on the scale 2-3 times a week in the morning soon as I wake up. I only log my weight one day a week usually on Saturday.
  • scooterjen
    scooterjen Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Every week, more often drives me crazy seeing the ups and downs
  • Miss_TeaPot
    Miss_TeaPot Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. I log if I have lost weight....OR...if I have been away for a long time and have gained weight.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    shhh......I DON'T....muah..muah....muah hahahahahaha
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and log only losses. I am very sensitive to sodium so it's not unusual for my weight to fluctuate up to 8 lbs in a day and stay a few days then go slowly down. So, when I hit a new low, I log it. That way, I stay on track to get to that publicized weight. It's just what works for me.
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    once a week, Saturday morning. I've been stuck on the same weight for several months.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I log when I like what the scale is telling me. I only log "gains" once I'm convinced its not water.

Same here!
  • couleeman
    Options
    I weigh every morning when I shower and record it. I'm still trying to get the hang of the calorie counting business and it helps me to see the fluctuations. I don't panic at 1-2 lb fluctuations. I've lost 10 lbs since I signed up to this site about 2 months ago. It's been a real help in tracking what I eat.
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and average it once a week or so. If the average is significantly different to the previous average, I update MFP.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I log my weight every Thursday, good or bad.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log every two weeks.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log every day. It's a routine I've gotten into and I like seeing the patterns.