How often do you log your weight?

Options

Replies

• chahiro
    chahiro Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you guys but my weight fluctuates like nobodies business through out the week so I try hard not to weigh myself more than once a week.
  • lafilledelarue
    lafilledelarue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Once a month.
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    Every 38 minutes. 42 on weekends.
  • Jooliebean
    Jooliebean Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I wake up every morning, pee ;) ... and weigh myself.
    I watch the number, hopefully drop slowly. As it drops over time...and I am say, for instance...down 4 lbs for quite a while, and I feel secure in the blatant knowledge that I have yes, indeed...lost 4 lbs...it is not an illusion...and the scale is not going to magically jump up again tomorrow. When I feel I have certainly lost that weight...then, I log a couple of lbs down. NOT my actual weight...but always a couple of pounds more in my progress diary...

I don't know if that makes ANY sense. *GRIN* But...that's what I do, and it works for me. I am rarely disappointed, or stressed about ups and downs in my log as I stay a little step behind in my weight updates, and I've had those "4 lbs" off for at least 3 weeks or so.

Cheers!
  • Jeanne130LBS
    Jeanne130LBS Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and post on Wednesdays, loss or gain. Since weight can flucuate so easily if I show a gain I just figure I will lose by next week and sometimes it is by the next morning. Also if you are using weights at all and you replace fat with muscle it will weigh more. Good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • loserlee123
    loserlee123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost daily but I only log once a week on MFP, whether its a loss, a gain or a stay the same!
  • jchadden42
    jchadden42 Posts: 189
    Options
    I'm a science person, so I weigh on Monday mornings in the same swim suit on the same scale at the same time. If I can't be at the gym at 5:15, I don't log weight for that week at all. Gain or lose, I record my weight. (I should add that I'm in a swim suit because I am getting ready to swim in the morning)

ETA: I chose Mondays because Mondays suck anyway. I can't make them any worse by reading the scale. :wink:
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I do not own a scale and I get weighed once a month at my doctor's office. Like the OP, I find it more motivating to see one bigger loss than a bunch of smaller ones. IMO it is easier to stay on track when I do not focus so much on the scale. I just keep doing what I am doing each day and know that if I keep doing it the scale will show a loss each month.
  • valerielite
    valerielite Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi , I weigh in every Monday morning as soon as I get out of bed in the morning! I find that by weighing in on Mondays, I stay close to my allowable calories that way! I have been pretty successful so far and try not to just relie on the scale only! I like to keep track of inches lost tooL
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    On Sundays. So far I'm losing, but if I gain then I'm going to log it.
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    I weigh and record daily in Excel. Take weekly averages and set trendline to moving average, period of 2 weeks. This helps to visualize the overall trend instead of seeing all of the [sometimes] wide daily fluctuations. I post to MFP only when I have seen a stable decrease for a few days.
  • MaggieGiamalvo
    MaggieGiamalvo Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Daily, it is all great information for you. You can go back and look at the patterns of what types of food you ate that caused the gains, especially if you gain for a few days in a row. Could be sodium, high fat etc. Anyways, it's all data that can aid you in the future. If you use gains as a positive instead of a negative, then you will not be hard on yourself!

This!
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Daily, it is all great information for you. You can go back and look at the patterns of what types of food you ate that caused the gains, especially if you gain for a few days in a row. Could be sodium, high fat etc. Anyways, it's all data that can aid you in the future. If you use gains as a positive instead of a negative, then you will not be hard on yourself!

This!

Yes but your body fluctuates so much on a daily basis ....

Mine especially with water weight... So I am up two down two up one down two... And it's all water fluctuation so there isn't some big mystery to track.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Weigh every day but log once a week.
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale almost every morning but I log every 7-10 days - unless I don't lose or if I gain. I just keep going until I have at least a one pound loss. Right now I've gained - not logging that - nope. The only time I've logged a gain is if I was AWOL from MFP and basically starting again.
  • nomad1000
    nomad1000 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every day. And I log gains and losses.

It helps keep me in touch with what the things I am eating are doing to my body and, TBH, seeing the line not just moving down at every weigh in keeps me sane.

I know that some days I may be up (like the day after Chinese food which reminds me to keep an eye on my sodium) and that my TOM causes some water gain. That the days after a hard workout may be up a bit because I have sore muscles. Having the line wiggle up and down reminds me that weight loss isn't linear and that a few up days (when exercise or TOM aren't involved) means that I have to revisit my menus because something isn't what it seems to be.

As I progress along my weight loss journey, this may change but for now, it's working for me.

ETA: I weigh./log the same time every day, first thing in the morning. I may step on the scale at the end of the day, mainly to oggle at how one's weight can fluctuate so much over the course of a day.
  • GoMilner
    GoMilner Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I log whatever the scale says on Friday.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I weigh 2x a day, but I only log all-time lows.
  • tinapi96
    tinapi96 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a week, on Sundays and Thursdays, and log my weight once a week, gain or loss, after the Thursday weigh-in. If I show a big loss on Sunday (more than 1lb) I will log Sunday's weight, too, only because I get so excited and it motivates me when I look at my phone!
  • I weigh myself daily and only record my weight if I have a loss... It sounds silly, but I know I am making progress that way and I don't worry when I have a gains or steady weight in between because I know my weight fluctuates...