Legging recommendations (ladies)

Options
seltzermint555
seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
I came here awhile ago asking for underwear recommendations when my Cacique panties got too big for me, and the Victoria's Secret recommendations were DEAD ON...thank you ladies!

Now I want to know where you get leggings. I'm not talking about athletic compression-style leggings, I am all set in that realm. But cute, cotton and/or stretchy leggings to go underneath skirts and dresses with boots or whatever. I have considered these a staple of my wardrobe for years now, and downsized from 2X to 1X but now I'm having to get rid of those. I LOVED the plus line of "a new approach" leggings from JC Penney but I bought them more than 2 years ago and now I can't seem to find anything similar in their misses or juniors departments.

I'm semi tall at 5'8" but most leggings seem to be long enough on me. I currently wear a size 14 pants, and some juniors 13 and 15. I would rather get leggings a bit tight than too saggy and baggy, which is what I am currently dealing with.

Any recommendations? Cheap is great too - but I am willing to go for quality. I'd love to find somewhere with lots of color options, even though I mainly stick to brown, charcoal, navy, and black.

I have some Merona juniors XL olive green leggings that I like, but they get all twisty at the ankles and the waistband is so thick, it's comfortable and loose enough but just kinda weird under other clothes.

Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I actually bought my favorite leggings at walmart for like $8.00. I need a smaller pair now but they seem to do the trick.
  • mondriantree
    mondriantree Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love my New York and Company leggings! I got them last year on sale.
    Forever 21's leggings are cheap and not super long lasting but they're thin which is really good for summer.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    IN.

For leggings.
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My favourite leggings are from Forever 21! In the UK though. I think they're two for £8, they rip at the seam sometimes but at that price I can replace them whenever they do.
    I have really nice ones from Topshop too :)
  • SNLover87
    SNLover87 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I bought my first pair of leggings at Charlotte Russe for $8 and I love them! I always wanted to wear leggings but didn't feel comfortable when I was bigger. But you're right, they are truly a staple, and so cute. Charlotte Russe is actually one of my favorite places to buy clothes in general now that I've lost weight. Cute stuff, and it's easy to find sales and discounts.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Charlotte Russe.

Or American Apparel (specifically thermal, because lolz winter).
  • SkinnyRach22
    Options
    Vera Wang from Kohls are nice and thick! The thickness is what matters to me so no one can see my booty!
  • NoMoreStretchyPants
    Options
    Check out Athleta.com - I love their stuff. Also, Reebok's Black workout Capri's are awesome.
  • arwacky
    arwacky Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Yeah I got my favorite pair from a small bodega for like 5 bucks. I wouldn't spend too much on leggings but you should probably try them on so you know you are comfortable with how they fit you. Some brands make them low cut..odd lol.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    I actually bought my favorite leggings at walmart for like $8.00. I need a smaller pair now but they seem to do the trick.

I dislike Walmart but I'll do what I have to do ;-) Do you remember the name brand? Was it Faded Glory or something else?
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Don't shave.. Nature's leggings right there, don't even got to go shopping for any! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    I love my New York and Company leggings! I got them last year on sale.
    Forever 21's leggings are cheap and not super long lasting but they're thin which is really good for summer.

Thanks! Our NY&CO store closed just before I could actually shop there, darn it. We don't have Forever 21 but there's a big one in the next major town and I'll be SURE to check that out. Since I am still losing, cheap and short lifespan sounds just fine!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Old Navy. They're about $10.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Don't shave.. Nature's leggings right there, don't even got to go shopping for any! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ewww lol.

Actually though - being serious for a moment - I wear leggings partly because I have a tattoo on my right calf and left ankle, along with a pretty nasty scar from a brown recluse spider bite on the back of my calf. I am totally cool w/ showing my bare legs in shorts and skirts these days but not at work. I just feel weirdly exposed when people can see the scar and tats, and even though in my current office it wouldn't be frowned upon I have that old school thought of "no tattoos at work" so there ya have it.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Wear these:

xblack-milk-gold-cages-leggings.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.wK0DJVlCXV.jpg
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Bump! I need ideas!
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    My favourite leggings are from Forever 21! In the UK though. I think they're two for £8, they rip at the seam sometimes but at that price I can replace them whenever they do.
    I have really nice ones from Topshop too :)

Topshop's just UK right?

But thank you! Forever 21 is definitely on my list.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Check out Athleta.com - I love their stuff. Also, Reebok's Black workout Capri's are awesome.

Thanks...but for some reason I have a super easy time finding workout leggings. It's the casual/dressier ones I can't seem to locate a great fit and the colors I need and want.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Bump! I need ideas!

You're welcome.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    I bought my first pair of leggings at Charlotte Russe for $8 and I love them! I always wanted to wear leggings but didn't feel comfortable when I was bigger. But you're right, they are truly a staple, and so cute. Charlotte Russe is actually one of my favorite places to buy clothes in general now that I've lost weight. Cute stuff, and it's easy to find sales and discounts.

Awesome, thanks!! I walk past my local mall's Charlotte Russe all of the time and never stopped yet. I am new to wearing non-plus sizes and have no clue which stores may carry sizes 12-15. But with leggings even if they had a L or XL it would maybe work. Cool.