Options
2»

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Wear these:

xblack-milk-gold-cages-leggings.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.wK0DJVlCXV.jpg

Honestly, given the right occasion I probably would.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Old Navy. They're about $10.

I may check this out. For some reason, the last 4-5 times I have gone to Old Navy I have had sticker shock. Their stuff is not that high quality, which is FINE by me when it is cheap...but I kept picking up items that were $29.50 and honestly, I can do better for that price! But $10 leggings sound good!

Thank you!
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Vera Wang from Kohls are nice and thick! The thickness is what matters to me so no one can see my booty!

Thanks, I might check those out. Although the kind of styles I wear leggings with, my bum isn't exposed.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Yeah I got my favorite pair from a small bodega for like 5 bucks. I wouldn't spend too much on leggings but you should probably try them on so you know you are comfortable with how they fit you. Some brands make them low cut..odd lol.

I just ordered some the other day on Amazon for like $4 because they're charcoal grey...we will see how that goes ;-) But you're right, trying them on might be good...or at least seeing them up close & personal in an actual store, so I can judge if they're crazy low cut or whatever.
  • SkinnyRach22
    Options
    Vera Wang from Kohls are nice and thick! The thickness is what matters to me so no one can see my booty!

Thanks, I might check those out. Although the kind of styles I wear leggings with, my bum isn't exposed.

Mine isn't either but sometimes it says hello with some of the tunics I wear. Check out Zappos too for deals too. They ship to you the next day with free shipping.
  • SNLover87
    SNLover87 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I bought my first pair of leggings at Charlotte Russe for $8 and I love them! I always wanted to wear leggings but didn't feel comfortable when I was bigger. But you're right, they are truly a staple, and so cute. Charlotte Russe is actually one of my favorite places to buy clothes in general now that I've lost weight. Cute stuff, and it's easy to find sales and discounts.

Awesome, thanks!! I walk past my local mall's Charlotte Russe all of the time and never stopped yet. I am new to wearing non-plus sizes and have no clue which stores may carry sizes 12-15. But with leggings even if they had a L or XL it would maybe work. Cool.

I've been having the same problem! I sort of feel overwhelmed with all my choices, while at the same time I'm finding a lot of the places where I thought I'd like to shop when I got smaller don't really have what I want. Charlotte Russe goes up to maybe 14. I've also had great luck at Kohl's so far, both for the right sizes and for sales.

Edit to say that the leggings I bought at Charlotte Russe were XL I'm pretty sure, and they do fit me now. I've been fitting into 16s pants-wise.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    I bought my first pair of leggings at Charlotte Russe for $8 and I love them! I always wanted to wear leggings but didn't feel comfortable when I was bigger. But you're right, they are truly a staple, and so cute. Charlotte Russe is actually one of my favorite places to buy clothes in general now that I've lost weight. Cute stuff, and it's easy to find sales and discounts.

Awesome, thanks!! I walk past my local mall's Charlotte Russe all of the time and never stopped yet. I am new to wearing non-plus sizes and have no clue which stores may carry sizes 12-15. But with leggings even if they had a L or XL it would maybe work. Cool.

I've been having the same problem! I sort of feel overwhelmed with all my choices, while at the same time I'm finding a lot of the places where I thought I'd like to shop when I got smaller don't really have what I want. Charlotte Russe goes up to maybe 14. I've also had great luck at Kohl's so far, both for the right sizes and for sales.

Edit to say that the leggings I bought at Charlotte Russe were XL I'm pretty sure, and they do fit me now. I've been fitting into 16s pants-wise.

Great!! Thank you!
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I actually bought my favorite leggings at walmart for like $8.00. I need a smaller pair now but they seem to do the trick.

I dislike Walmart but I'll do what I have to do ;-) Do you remember the name brand? Was it Faded Glory or something else?

I'm not a huge fan myself.. They are just walmar's 'George' brand. They're nothing fancy, just stretchy cotton, the only colors I saw were black and grey.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I get my leggings from TJMaxx. I actually prefer the ones in the athletic dept.
    Not all of them are compression tight, and they come in different textures/lengths/colors/materials.
    I never spend more than $16 a pair usually. And I only pay that much if I really like them.
    My current fav is a pair I picked up recently. They're black with a subtle "honeycomb" effect all over.
    I wear them with knee length boots and a cute top and I'm set to go out.
    No one would ever guess they're athletic wear and they're super soft and comfortable.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    H&M has decently priced ones.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    I get my leggings from TJMaxx. I actually prefer the ones in the athletic dept.
    Not all of them are compression tight, and they come in different textures/lengths/colors/materials.
    I never spend more than $16 a pair usually. And I only pay that much if I really like them.
    My current fav is a pair I picked up recently. They're black with a subtle "honeycomb" effect all over.
    I wear them with knee length boots and a cute top and I'm set to go out.
    No one would ever guess they're athletic wear and they're super soft and comfortable.

Great idea...I LOVE TJ Maxx (and Ross and Marshalls...) I didn't think of that because the shiny fabric some have...but yeah, I will check it out for the variety! Thanks.

Also thanks to the person who suggested H&M!