Yogurt with fruit on the bottom.. without the fruit?

Hi everyone. I really enjoy yogurt but sometimes I'll pick up the kind with fruit on the bottom and 0% fat when I'm in a rush. I know a lot of the sugar comes from the fruit on the bottom, so I was wondering how many calories the yogurt would be without the fruit? It's 120 I believe with everything included. I was planning on scooping out the normal yogurt on top and eating that plain, without the fruit.

Does anyone have an idea how many calories would be just the non-fat yogurt? I wish I could have that info with all the other nutrition facts, too, but oh well. Estimating is better than just not logging it. Thanks!

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,147 Member
    Sometimes just typing out the question reveals the answer :happy:
  • Dedshot
    Dedshot Posts: 145

Not exactly... if the yogurt with the fruit is 120 calories, am I just supposed to know on my own how many calories it is without the fruit? Because I don't, which is why I am asking if anyone here might have an idea. Thank you anyway.
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    I don't know. I guess it would depend on the brand, last time I for fruit on the bottom it was oikos and there was more than enough added sugar in the yogurt part too. I got a lump of sugar in my mouth while eating it if that tells you anything, I would just go with the calories on the carton and buy the right type next time.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    I would just buy the yogurt without the fruit so you wouldn't have to wonder....
  • Dedshot
    I don't know. I guess it would depend on the brand, last time I for fruit on the bottom it was oikos and there was more than enough added sugar in the yogurt part too. I got a lump of sugar in my mouth while eating it if that tells you anything, I would just go with the calories on the carton and buy the right type next time.

The brand I have is Chobani. A lump of sugar sounds unpleasant. Thanks for the tip though. I definitely won't make that mistake again.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,147 Member

Not exactly... if the yogurt with the fruit is 120 calories, am I just supposed to know on my own how many calories it is without the fruit? Because I don't, which is why I am asking if anyone here might have an idea. Thank you anyway.
    estimate is the answer. You gave no details as to size so I don't know how someone was going to give you an answer that wasn't just an estimate.
  • Dedshot
    I would just buy the yogurt without the fruit so you wouldn't have to wonder....

See above, "When I'm in a rush". I did not mean to buy that kind of yogurt, clearly. :tongue:
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member

See above, "When I'm in a rush". I did not mean to buy that kind of yogurt, clearly. :tongue:

Hehe oh wells, lesson learned I suppose? I personally love the fruit on bottom yogurts (Dannon light and fit are only 80 cal for 12g of protein) but ya, for now you'll just have to guess.
  • Dedshot

estimate is the answer. You gave no details as to size so I don't know how someone was going to give you an answer that wasn't just an estimate.

I didn't know that those yogurts came in so many different sizes. I assumed it was a given that I was referring to a normal yogurt cup. You know, the kind you can buy in a 4-pack. The fruit takes up about 1/3 of the container I would say. Again, an estimate. The container is 5.3 oz or 150g. I suppose I could go scoop out the yogurt and measure exactly how much of it there is, but I wanted to know if anyone could help with my question first.
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    I wouldn't guess, I would just add the whole thing, Being a few calories under won't make a huge difference and there isn't a huge difference calorie wise between yogurt with fruit on the bottom and regular yogurt. Maybe try the fruit. You might like it. The chobani with fruit added are yummy. Just don't buy oikos haha
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    You could weigh the plain yogurt from the fruit on the bottom cup and then look on the chobani website for the nutrition info of the plain 0% yogurt. It should have a gram amount for the 6 ounce serving. Then do some maths.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Find the brand you bought in the database and select the plain yogurt option (ex: Fage 0% plain). Scoop out the portion you're going to eat and weigh it. (ex: 4 oz out of a 6 oz container) Log 4 oz of plain yogurt.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    You could weigh the plain yogurt from the fruit on the bottom cup and then look on the chobani website for the nutrition info of the plain 0% yogurt. It should have a gram amount for the 6 ounce serving. Then do some maths.

DAMMIT! Too slow. :flowerforyou:
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629

Haha! I was typing so fast cause I was afraid I would be too slow!
  • Dedshot
    I wouldn't guess, I would just add the whole thing, Being a few calories under won't make a huge difference and there isn't a huge difference calorie wise between yogurt with fruit on the bottom and regular yogurt. Maybe try the fruit. You might like it. The chobani with fruit added are yummy. Just don't buy oikos haha

I do like that kind of yogurt, my issue is with the sugar. I'm trying to eat less sugar, and I like yogurt because of all the protein. Oh well. I'll probably just eat the whole thing and make a point to eat less sugar tomorrow.
  • Dedshot

Haha! I was typing so fast cause I was afraid I would be too slow!

Nice! I'm so doing this.

Thank you :)
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member

I do like that kind of yogurt, my issue is with the sugar. I'm trying to eat less sugar, and I like yogurt because of all the protein. Oh well. I'll probably just eat the whole thing and make a point to eat less sugar tomorrow.

what's wrong with sugar?
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Just eat the fruit part and do a few jumping jacks to burn off the calorie difference!
  • Dedshot

what's wrong with sugar?

I eat too much of it? So if I can eat less sugar, I'm going to do that.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    LOL so you've arrived at the point where you're worried about 30 calories of fruit from a 120 calorie yogurt. It's time to seek help.