Yogurt with fruit on the bottom.. without the fruit?

2»

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I wouldn't guess, I would just add the whole thing, Being a few calories under won't make a huge difference and there isn't a huge difference calorie wise between yogurt with fruit on the bottom and regular yogurt. Maybe try the fruit. You might like it. The chobani with fruit added are yummy. Just don't buy oikos haha

I do like that kind of yogurt, my issue is with the sugar. I'm trying to eat less sugar, and I like yogurt because of all the protein. Oh well. I'll probably just eat the whole thing and make a point to eat less sugar tomorrow.

what's wrong with sugar?

I eat too much of it? So if I can eat less sugar, I'm going to do that.

If you want to eat less sugar more power to you. However, if you don't have a medical condition and your overall carbs are in line I wouldn't worry. MFP's sugar goal is crazy low. A couple of pieces of fruit will put you over.
  • Dedshot
    Dedshot Posts: 145
    I wouldn't guess, I would just add the whole thing, Being a few calories under won't make a huge difference and there isn't a huge difference calorie wise between yogurt with fruit on the bottom and regular yogurt. Maybe try the fruit. You might like it. The chobani with fruit added are yummy. Just don't buy oikos haha

I do like that kind of yogurt, my issue is with the sugar. I'm trying to eat less sugar, and I like yogurt because of all the protein. Oh well. I'll probably just eat the whole thing and make a point to eat less sugar tomorrow.

what's wrong with sugar?

If you want to eat less sugar more power to you. However, if you don't have a medical condition and your overall carbs are in line I wouldn't worry. MFP's sugar goal is crazy low. A couple of pieces of fruit will put you over.

Why does everyone think I'm so worried about this? Haha. Thank you for the advice, I will keep in mind what I already have been regarding sugar, but I don't have a "condition" and I am in no way worried about a little bit of sugar. It was just a question.
  • Rsm220
    Rsm220 Posts: 5
    do you realize the yogurt in( fruit on the bottom ) is vanilla not plain
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Chobani website has nutritional information for every product so you can look around and see how to compare it.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member

what's wrong with sugar?

Why does everyone think I'm so worried about this? Haha. Thank you for the advice, I will keep in mind what I already have been regarding sugar, but I don't have a "condition" and I am in no way worried about a little bit of sugar. It was just a question.

it's because you stated that you wanted to avoid eating fruit at the bottom of your yogurt in order to cut down on your sugar.

that's a strange sort of mindset to most of us.
  • Dedshot

Huh, is it? You're probably right. Thanks!
  • Dedshot

what's wrong with sugar?

it's because you stated that you wanted to avoid eating fruit at the bottom of your yogurt in order to cut down on your sugar.

I find it an even stranger mindset to judge someone so quickly based on one harmless question from them about, of all the potentially red-flagging things... one container of yogurt. Oh, the drama. I must be certifiable. I am sure your super-keen mindset will be helpful to others, however, so keep at it!
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member

what's wrong with sugar?

I find it an even stranger mindset to judge someone so quickly based on one harmless question from them about, of all the potentially red-flagging things... one container of yogurt. Oh, the drama. I must be certifiable. I am sure your super-keen mindset will be helpful to others, however, so keep at it!

Wait, so on the flip side of that if it's only one container why not just eat the fruit and bite the bullet on the tiny amount of sugar? Or just throw it out and cut your losses on the $1.50? Or log it as is and just know you at less sugar than it says you ate?
  • MHackrott
    MHackrott Posts: 84 Member
    Why not just buy plain or vanilla flavor then instead of the fruit on the bottom?
  • susanrose73
    susanrose73 Posts: 22 Member

For the win!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    I don't know. I guess it would depend on the brand, last time I for fruit on the bottom it was oikos and there was more than enough added sugar in the yogurt part too. I got a lump of sugar in my mouth while eating it if that tells you anything, I would just go with the calories on the carton and buy the right type next time.

The brand I have is Chobani. A lump of sugar sounds unpleasant. Thanks for the tip though. I definitely won't make that mistake again.

Buy the one without fruit. Chobani make plain 2% an 0% fat ones. Easy enough. 109cal for the small tub without fruit. Seriously... try their website next time.

But then I eat 6 or 7 of the Passion fruit ones a day & I'm not worried about the fruit... 2% fat is better for you and the stuff freezes like ice-cream
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member

what's wrong with sugar?

d'oh. i forgot how ridiculously overly-dramatic teenage girls are. lulz.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    A few teaspoons of fruit aren't going to impact the calories that much. I'd just go with what the package says.
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    There is only one solution in this situation, and that is to eat the actual container and throw the rest out.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Profile says 18, yet the profile write-up says she's 19. But she's been a member since 2011.

The maths iz broken.
  • Dedshot
    Profile says 18, yet the profile write-up says she's 19. But she's been a member since 2011.

The maths iz broken.

I am turning 19 next month. I joined in 2011 when I was 16. Oops!
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    It's hard to really guess with something like that...in the future I would just make life easier by either buying the plain yogurt or just eating the fruit part.
  • carajoos
    carajoos Posts: 3 Member
    I am surprised at how nasty and unsupportive some people are being. Geez people, this is a SUPPORT forum why are you here if you are going to be nasty?

Wow, I am also surprised that this poster is the only one that does this! You all have obviously never done this or you would know that the yogurt in fruit on the bottom is not plain yogurt.

I never eat the fruit on the bottom because the "Fruit" is really just jelly with a few bits of fruit. However I like the lightly sweetened and peach flavor of the yogurt. It is much different than eating plain or vanilla yogurt. The non-fruit on the bottom type just has the fruit mixed in and is too sweet in my opinion.

I have researched this and can't seem to find the answer anywhere so I am guessing using the calories for vanilla yogurt with the same fat content is probably as close as you can get.