Plateau

Options
jofjltncb6
jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
I've been at the exact same weight for a couple of days now so I'm at a plateau.

Here is a chart of my weight the past week or so:

3/12 177.5
3/11 177.5
3/10 179.5
3/ 9 178.5
3/ 8 179.5
3/ 7 179
3/ 6 179
3/ 5 180.5
3/ 4 179.5
3/ 3 179

I had been eating 1971 net calories per day for the past 4ish weeks. Yesterday, I bumped that up to 2100.

Should I go back down to 1971 calories since I stopped losing weight today? Or maybe 1700? (I *really* want to get to my goal weight fast so I can go back to eating more food again.)

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I think you should go down to 1200 calories and not eat your exercise calories back.
  • _JPunky
    _JPunky Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I'd knock down to 1,500. It IS almost bathing suit season, afterall.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I gained 2.4 pounds since yesterday. Sigh.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    maybe you should shake up your workouts? I have read some amazing results from those mini trampolines.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    You must be devastated. I'm sorry.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    You should try one of those detoxes or juice cleanses! I hear they really clean you out of all the toxinz...

cleanse.gif
  • TheApocalypse
    TheApocalypse Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    have you thought about trying the HCG?
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Or go to www.doctoroz.com
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Just dig out your shake weight. That'll get things going. It'll shock your muscles and get them growing again so you can burn more fat aaaalllll day long. All day, e'ry day.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Indefinite fasting followed by a cleanse. It's the only way.

...not srs...
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Try 80/10/10
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    It's obvious you're replacing muscle with fat. One pound of muscle weighs way more than one pound of fat. Sheesh.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Duh...raspberry keytones.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I think you should go down to 1200 calories and not eat your exercise calories back.

This is it
  • Nory143
    Nory143 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow... I hope you really didn't need a serious anwser...because there is nothing but sarcasm here. Grow up folks!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Wow... I hope you really didn't need a serious anwser...because there is nothing but sarcasm here. Grow up folks!

Um, no.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Um, no.

+1
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

Agree 100%. The OP came here for support, not to be torn apart by Internet bullies.
  • FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    From 3/3 to 3/9 you lost 1.5 pounds. That really isn't a plateau, 6 days (or almost a week) and if you keep that up for the month it would be somewhere around six pounds for the month. If you are feeling hungry and need more food you could change what you are eating a bit. More veggies, salads, and fruit. You need to feel satisfied with how you are eating. You could probably do a bit more exercise although the end result is more how many calories (and the type of calories) you are eating. Good luck with you program.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

Agree 100%. The OP came here for support, not to be torn apart by Internet bullies.
    You need a cleanse too. Green raspberry ketones with cayenne pepper coffee.

ETA: OP, do you take off the hat and glasses to weigh in every time? That might help.