Plateau

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself every day. If you ate nothing but drank a full gallon of water instead, you'd gain 8 pounds. And yet, your calorie count for the day would be 0.

Body weight fluctuates like crazy, mainly due to food weight and water retention. As long as you average out a loss every week, or even every two weeks, you'll be fine. Quit worrying so much about nothing.

A gallon of water would also help you be less hungry.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself every day. If you ate nothing but drank a full gallon of water instead, you'd gain 8 pounds. And yet, your calorie count for the day would be 0.

Body weight fluctuates like crazy, mainly due to food weight and water retention. As long as you average out a loss every week, or even every two weeks, you'll be fine. Quit worrying so much about nothing.

Especially if you drank it all at once.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    2 days at the same weight is not a plateau. Come back when you've been the same weight over 4 weeks.
  • likitisplit
    Options

Especially if you drank it all at once.

Jof, have you tried peeing?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Someone just told me that McD's adds SUGAR to its food which makes me want to eat again immediately after I've eaten!

So if that's what is causing this plateau, then it isn't even my fault!

There should be laws about this kind of behavior by evil corporations tricking us into eating their food more often.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Someone just told me that McD's adds SUGAR to its food which makes me want to eat again immediately after I've eaten!

So if that's what is causing this plateau, then it isn't even my fault!

There should be laws about this kind of behavior by evil corporations tricking us into eating their food more often.

Solution?
    Add your OWN sugar, so you'll KNOW it's there. Then sue them for making you eat more.
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options

sym0yg.gif
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I heard standing on your head while eating keeps the calories from being absorbed. You might try that.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jaetiu
    jaetiu Posts: 3
    Options
    i'm not sure what your training plan is or your goals but the first thing i learned while training/working out is....

do not equate weight loss to getting skinnier
    do not equate weight gain to getting fatter

there's only a handful of good advice on this thread. especially about the one that MUSCLE weighs more than FAT. pound for pound the visual of muscle to fat and the space it takes up in the body is completely different.

every time i tried to lose weight the scale has always discouraged me. stop using it as your only source to measure your goals

- take measurements of body parts
    - take pictures on a daily / weekly basis
    - stop looking at the scale everyday
    - if you do look at the scale make sure it's once a week. the moment you wake up from a full night's rest. even better if you can excrete your wastes then weigh yourself
    - consistency
    - the scale in my opinion is one of the most discouraging things in the world when it comes to cutting/bulking
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Do you even lift ? :drinker:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Fair question.

:wink:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Fair question.

Does this photo count as man made food?

Cause nom, nom eye candy.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I heard standing on your head while eating keeps the calories from being absorbed. You might try that.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I tried this once. My dogs loved it!
  • mistyloveslife
    mistyloveslife Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I lift the remote daily. It will help you get out of your plateau. I promise.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

When I try this, my wife hits me and takes it away.

Surely there is another way that doesn't involve physical violence.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options

Divorce comes to mind.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I haven't read any of the replies yet, but thought I should add some more info.

For lunch today, I have my usual fish from the grocery store (because they cook it), a salad, and I stopped at McD's for a McDouble. Looking forward to some GS cookies later tonight. I'll stay at my 2100 net though.

Hmmm...maybe the McD's is why I'm stuck on this plateau.

OMG. Of COURSE its the McD's. They are like little fat bombs with cheese - and don't even get me started on the cheese. I'm pretty sure you need to start eating clean. Really clean. I'm talking SPOTLESS.

Quick question: Were you breast fed as a baby? When did you start on solid food?
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Breastmilk is the ultimate man-made food.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

Fair question.

Which is not really an answer, is it? Dodging issues is probably what got you into the pickle you're in now.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Divorce comes to mind.

And lose at least half my assets?

No way.

I think I'll JSP.