That moment when everything "clicks"...

Options
It's such a good feeling when you hit that moment of realization that even if you stopped counting calories/weighing foods, I still wouldn't eat the things I use to eat or the quantity. I don't look at it as being on a "diet" anymore, it's a lifestyle change. It's like a light bulb went off in my head this morning and even though I do allow myself a cheat meal per week, I have not had any meals that did not fit within my calorie budget in the past 3 months. There was one day I went over calories, but under the next and they balanced out. So technically a cheat meal is not even necessary. So I am removing "cheat" from my vocabulary once and for all.

At least for myself, eating unhealthy foods (and overeating) leads me in the direction of going back to my old ways of eating. I eat anything and everything I want and make them healthier versions and am steadily losing weight... Pizza, lasagna, chinese, cakes, ice cream etc... What do I need a break from? And since my tastes have changed things taste sooooo much better than the stuff I use to eat.

**End of rant** LOL

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    And since my tastes have changed things taste sooooo much better than the stuff I use to eat.

^^THIS^^ I wish everyone could learn this or at least believe me when I say it can happen to some people.
  • ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It is a wonderful place to be! Last time I had a "cheat" coke, and it make me feel worse, that was a win for me. ;)
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories, but I know that "click" moment. It's incredible. Getting to the point where you stop moralizing your food with notions like "cheating", and realizing that you actually genuinely enjoy your new, healthier way of eating, and PREFER it, is an amazing realization.

Don't forget this moment. Let it carry you through always.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories, but I know that "click" moment. It's incredible. Getting to the point where you stop moralizing your food with notions like "cheating", and realizing that you actually genuinely enjoy your new, healthier way of eating, and PREFER it, is an amazing realization.

Don't forget this moment. Let it carry you through always.

yes I am there as well but I will still count calories and weigh my food. It keeps me in check.

Mind you what I have found is I cannot eat as much as I used to...we cooked pizza the other night I put two servings on my plate...could only eat one...as I watched my husband eat probably 4...

I told him it wasn't fair but eh...I am good with being "full" and satisfied with one serving.

I don't say cheat meal either and if I do go over there is no guilt..(ie vacation I know I was over with my drinking) and I didn't care...yup I gained weight away that week but it's gone and it went quick.

Why because of my new healthier lifestyle.