200+ (Week 49) "Hot for Halloween"

Options
It's that time of the week again. Everyone check in, so we can see how you're week ended up!

Will weigh in shortly myself. It's not going to pretty. *grumbles*

Replies

• akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to check in this weight because it's not representative of where I'm really at. During TOM, I usually gain between 2-4 pounds. This morning I was 182.8, which is just about 3 pounds more than I weighed in last week, which is right on target. Probably means I maintained this week in terms of my actual weight and not this TOM nonsense. It's SO frustrating. I don't think I'll touch the scale again until TOM ends, because it's god awful depressing and it just feeds into my baseline emotionality during this time.

So, I think I'm going to attempt a 5-miler with my 2 coworkers after supervision this afternoon. It could be ugly. I'll let y'all know how it goes. If I don't do that, I'll head to the gym. I think I'm doing brunch at my fav restaurant in town with 2 other coworkers. Eating might not be the best (mmm... crepes), but I go there so infrequently, I don't feel too bad.

Good luck everyone!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Bump
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.8 pounds this week (so I'm down below 220!!). My hill running yesterday has my inner thighs soooo sore! I wasn't expecting it, I'm going to have to add it into my weekly exercise. Not much else going on here at the moment. hope everyone has a great Friday!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I'm 218.2 this morning. Thats down .8 from last week. This week's goal is 217.

When Joey moved out, he took the clock purse that goes with my halloween costume. I've been asking him to mail it back to me for weeks (he now lives 3 hours away). Last week he said he'd mail it Saturday. Then he said he'd mail it Tuesday. After the big fight we had Sunday and Monday, I never heard anything else about it. So I sent him a couple texts this morning asking if he mailed it or if he ruined it after our fight. He told me to eff off and leave him lone or he will block my number. I told him that wasn't very Christian-like and all I want is my property back. I sent some stuff to him after he moved out, after all (it was mail, but I spent the postage to get it to him). Then he says this is where the nasty begins and it only ends one way. I asked what that meant, asked why this was such a big deal? All I want is my purse back. He replied that "I'm not giving you anymore money which means your not going to give me the divorce your going to try to take me to court I'll postpone 3 times which could take up to 2 years then on the 4th time I won't show up I'll go to jail and you still won't get a dime."

I responded "all that because I want my purse back??"

He hasn't responded yet.

As soon as he stops making the house payment, I'll have to stop too. The bank won't care that I'm willing to make half the house payment.

:frown: I just want this to be over.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Kendal- all i have to say to that is W.T.F. Seriously. W.T.F. But congrats on the weight loss!

Amy- congrats to under 220! Woohoo!

My brunch fell through, which I was really looking forward to. I sort of needed the friendly conversation and good food. Instead someone brought donuts in to the office and I ate 2. Why do I do this to myself? I want to crawl back into bed.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday. NOT.
    The woman at Jeffs work who is responsible for payroll "forgot" to send his hours in this week, so no pay. And without talking to me decided that it would be okay to have her loan $400 to him. A. we can live without it. B. She has screwed him a few times at work and I think he fell for it again. C. Not a good way to start your anniversary day right? lol.

Kendal - if he stops paying the house payment, have you called to see what the mortgage co will do for you to lower your payment? There are a number of things they can do...like give you three months without paying, the whole Obama affordability act which either takes the apr or payment down, etc. Of course I believe you generally just about have to stop making the payments for a couple months before they will help you ....but it is worth another call, and another and another until someone helps you. Also ask them if they will approve the house for a short sale.
    And as crappy as it sounds, if he stops making the payment and the bank will do nothing for you, just put that money in a safe and save it up until they make you leave. I applaud you for keeping up with it and trying to do the right thing though!

Kristina - don't blame you for not weighing. That sucks your brunch fell though. I too could use some friendly convo and lax time!

Amy - woohoo! Weight loss success!

Okay. To work now. Bleh.
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.8 pounds this week (so I'm down below 220!!). My hill running yesterday has my inner thighs soooo sore! I wasn't expecting it, I'm going to have to add it into my weekly exercise. Not much else going on here at the moment. hope everyone has a great Friday!

Hill running helps your inner thighs! This is great news I have to try it, I need something to get my inner thighs more toned so when im at goal they don't sag. Thanks for the info! Great job on the weight loss btw!

I still need to weigh in today, I'll be doing that in a little bit. I'll also share with you why I have been MIA lately. Though I have still been sticking to the plan.
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Alright, I just weighed in. TOM is due tomorrow but I still had a good weigh in. I was 219.5 last week and this week i'm 217.0 lbs that's a 2.5 lb loss. I'm so excited the scale is moving again! I have been working my butt off these last two weeks due to frustration with not much loss over the last two months. It paid off!

As for where I have been. I started a new job. This is the first time I have worked in 8 YEARS! So let me tell you, the adjustment is rough. I missed a week and a half of gym time due to not knowing how the heck to fit it into my schedule. I have had a really hard time with sleep and any moment when I am not in a meeting or doing something for my kids I am taking power snoozes which are necessary due to the fact that I work from like 9pm until 3am....longer with training cuz I have had problems with some things at the end of the night and can't leave until they are fixed...that combined with staying home with my kids all day adds up to major lack of sleep. I think things are starting to settle down a bit now so hopefully I can get back into a regular routine. I had some nights where I just wanted to quit my job because I was so used to doing things when I could and could move my schedule around the way I wanted to...I have a new appreciation for all you guys who work full time and have kids....I don't know how you do it. A year ago I used to have all the time in the world, now.....I don't have enough. I'm sure it will settle down when I get more used to things. I had some major confidence issues this week which turned into a 4 hour shift being an 8 hour shift....I lost it, had a panic attack at work (good thing I work alone) I have never ever had one of those before. I was freaking out....but I made it through learned from the errors I made and the next night things went much smoother. I am glad I stuck with it and didn't give up.

Anyways, so that is where I have been for the past 3 weeks. BUSY! lol

I hope everyone is doing well with thier weight loss and things are not too hectic in your lives.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Kimm: Good job on your loss this week! Working the night shift takes some getting used to. I used to have rotating shifts when I was in the Air Force, a month of days, a month of swings, a month of mids. I never got used to it because, by the time my body figured out when to sleep, my schedule changed again. Congratulations on your new job, what do you do? Oh, and I highly recommend hill intervals if you want to work your inner thighs. Both me & my son are walking around like we're partially crippled due to our hills yesterday! :embarassed:

Lacey: Wow. That really sux. I know, from recent experience, what it's like when your pay gets messed with and it is NO picnic! Is this chick incompetent or just mean? I mean, messing payroll up once is almost understandable but repeatedly is ludicrous! :explode: Happy anniversary anyway. When are you going on your trip?

Kristina: Bummer about the brunch being canceled and bummer about the donuts. It happens to us all (happens to me a lot), just log it & move on.

Kendal: Yay for the weight loss :flowerforyou: Boo for the increasingly difficult ex. Wow. He really sux. A. Lot.

As for me, I got my dog walk & some serious house work in today. Then I planted myself in front of the computer and tracked down & watched the new Grey's Anatomy and the Biggest Loser. After the Biggest Loser, I felt like a lazy butt for watching so much TV so I did the Insanity Max Plyo. It. Kicked. My. Butt. Now, I never found the Insanity DVDs to be easy but this second month of DVDs is pretty ridiculous. (More props for Debra for getting through the whole thing!!!) I mean, they have this exercise where you start in squat position and then kind of fall into a wide legged push up and then you push yourself back into the squat position (rinse & repeat). Who thinks this stuff up? It's retardedly hard! But it didn't kill me and I'm sure I'll do it again sometime. When I can walk again. Maybe.
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Weighed in at 288.8 for a total of two pounds lost. If I'm super good this next week, I might still make my goal of 285 by the end of September. Biggest hurdle...office lunch at Mongolian bbq on Monday.

No change in the inches again this week. Actually, I think I am losing in my chest, arms, thighs, but I really want to be losing the tummy, waist, and butt. Any suggestions?

I am recovered from being sick last week. Just a few residual sniffles. Went to the new primary care doctor today. Thought I'd be getting a physical, but it was more a meet and greet to go over medical history although she did do a cursory check of vitals and said I'm okay. Scheduled the physical for October.

Tomorrow am joining a friend on a Lupus fundraising walk. Not sure how long it is as the registration website neglected to include that info. I think based on the map of the park that it is probably 2-3 miles.
  • stroynaya
    Options
    Kendal--your ex is a jerk. Times like this a punching bag can come in very handy. Second all Lacey's advice on the house financing.
    Kimm--night shift is tough. Hang in there.
    Lacey--Hope your hubby's work tracks stuff like that. Payroll is too important to mess up whether intentional or not! Hope it gets straightened out in your favor soon. In the meantime, enjoy your anniversary getaway.
    Amy--Glad you were able to locate the current Biggest Loser episode. Never thought that websites would block to overseas IP addresses. Isn't that why we have internet...to access from anywhere!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Just a quick check in.

Still totally a cranky emotional beeyotch today, and couldn't get excited about anything. The canceled lunch did not help. Totally irrational thinking, but just feel very alone. Anyways, went for a run with the coworker--- which I was dreading, but did it anyways, and I'm glad I did it, though didn't feel the sense of accomplishment that I thought I would. We did 5.16 miles at a 11:19 pace. That's significantly faster for me. I felt it throughout the run... wanted to stop at times, but kept at it, and my friend was patient with me. Of course, all I'm thinking is that I'm slowing her down. She's a former dancer- tall, skinny, lots of legs, and I'm short and dumpy. We must have looked so weird running together. I basically was lagging behind her the whole time, but she still forced me to keep my pace up, and it's the fastest I've gone. I don't know if I could have handled it if both girls ran, as they're both around 10:00 pacers. Could be even more ugly. My knee was a bit twitchy after, but seems ok at the moment. Hopefully not in much pain tomorrow.

For the cherry on the crap sundae that was my mood today, I was supposed to usher tonight at this film premiere in town. I was running late due to the run, and got their 10 min late... felt horrible b/c it was first time doing it, and in the end, they had asked for more people than needed, and didn't have a spot for me. I really didn't want to go to it anyways, but made me feel like a failure. Don't mind me... I should just stop typing.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Im sitting here at the car place waiting for them to fix my brakes. love when you get these unexpected expenses but thats the cost of having a car, right? i did the 2.3 mile diabetes walk this morning and burned around 550 cals. i forgot to turn on my hrm for the first 5 min or so. this one old lady told me she just loves to see so many well behaved dogs at events like that (total compliment since lexi was with me). so that made my day. lexi gets a lot of attention cause i put her pack on her, but thats what tires her out and makes her more calm and submissive so it works great. plus it gives me a place to attach her poop bag holder. :smile: i hope they finish up here soon

oh yeah! i tried the breakfast sandwich at subway this morning. the eggs are weird but it tasted ok. they are pre cooked into pancake looking patties and they heat them up in the toaster machine......
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! The weather here is absolutely gorgeous for September. It is almost 80. Yeay for those green tomatos still in my garden. I will get to enjoy some herilooms after all. Although I am testing thw whole box of green toms with a ripening banana. Its working. Apparently the gas released by the banana fuels the ripening for toms. Yeay!
    I took Gracie and we went to three different stores this morning, got home and she took a nap. I've got butter chicken with onion eggplant and carrots in thr crockpot. I'm going to make some naan later and yummo for dinner. I boguth Chocovine today at world market (red wine with chocolate) so that will be dessert.

Kristina I too am feeling all lonely and blah. I hate pretom. I'm going to look up herbs or supplements I can start taking to help with that. Especially since the bad weather is coming.

Kendal that totally sucls about your brakes. I was looking at the new Mini Coopertown coming out next year that is suppsed to be more like an suv but like I want a payment! My car is in good shape but its got over 110k so I worry.

Sarah how was your Lupus walk?
  • akasullengal
    Options
    just a quick check in. very lazy day. didn't exercise... my legs felt a wee bit sore today and i have a long run ahead of me tomorrow. weather should be nice and cold.

loved that it dropped like 20 degrees today. I changed from my summer to fall/winter down comforter. excited to crawl into bed this evening. really doesn't take much to get me excited.

still feel like crap emotionally, but still getting by
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Sorry to those that may get this 2 or 3 times...

I have been reading the board but finding that my time has been short for responding to everyone - sorry. Congrats to all that are losing weight, exercising more, losing inches, etc. Hugs to all that are ill or feeling down. Hopefully my life will slow down in Nov and I'll get to be more active.

This weekend marks my 1 year anniversary for MFP!!! I'm going to steal friend's idea and post the positive changes in my life over the last year... Hopefully everyone will take this cue and look back and post the positive changes over the last year.

My proudest accomplishment - losing 55 pounds going from 237 to 182... My depression is gone, I have tons of energy, I smile more, I like myself now... I'm eating better getting 6 plus servings a fruits and veges a day. I now read labels and understand portion sizes. I have a whole new wardrobe of clothes - just from my closet of things that I loved but couldn't wear. I've gone from size 20 to a solid 14 and can even squeeze into some 12s... I feel sexy again. I no longer sit all day reading an actual book but now listen to them on audio as I exercise, clean, etc. Good gads - had anyone told me I'd like to exercise, I'd have told them they had a screw loose!!! But, I'm loving the exercise. A year ago, I complained about a 1mile walk and now I'm running 10 miles and can bike for 60 min... I walked the Mackinaw Bridge this year with family and friends. At my last 10K race, I said to some one "this should be easy - I ran 9 miles Thurs"... All of this without depriving myself of things. I now know that I can eat a piece or two of pizza, have a small slice of cake, eat out in restaurants, etc and the world wont end. Last year I panicked through the holidays since I was so new to the lifestyle change. I have confidence this year will be fine. My goals are to make better choices, continue with exercising, and enjoy life. I can't wait to see where I am next year...
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Victoria: You are an inspiration! What a great post for your anniversary!

Our weather has certainly had a giant push towards winter this weekend. It rained all day yesterday - which made Gabe's soccer game interesting - and today it was 48 degrees on our walk. It's been kind of a "blah" weekend. Me & Gabe were watching Wall-E and watching all those chubby folks sitting in their chairs makes me want to jump on the treadmill. Maybe I'll do that. Have a nice Sunday everyone.
  • stroynaya
    Options
    A fellow choir member at church today asked me how much weight I'd lost. :blushing: I look in the mirror and see no difference, even though I know that my clothes are looser. So it was nice to hear from someone else that my efforts are starting to pay off.

Off to do the usual Sunday chores. Hope you are all enjoying the weekend.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Victoria, I'm so proud of you for hitting your year anniversary here. You've been such an inspiration and a support to me throughout my time here. I seriously couldn't have done all I have done without you, and it's so amazing how far you've come. It seems like only yesterday we were running our 5K together. And just think, in just a few short weeks, we'll be doing the half marathon (yep, I'm registering tomorrow!). Keep up the great work!

Sarah- getting those compliments from people is always amazing!

Amy- it's certainly fall here, which is my favorite season, and I hope winter doesn't arrive too quickly. i ADORE Wall-E. My favorite scene is when Wall-E and EVE are floating outside the ship, while the captain is having the computer define the word dancing. Makes me tear up every time.

Well ladies, I've hit my stride with running. Did 11.15 miles this morning in just over 2.5 hours and felt good doing it! I went a bit faster than last weekend, which is good. This is pretty much the longest run I'll do before the half. Will probably try and get another run of this length (maybe 11.5) in, but I know I"m there now and can do it. I'm finally going to actually register tomorrow (where I have a printer that works). Amazing how far I've come. I'm rapidly approaching my year anniversary here on MFP as well.

Hope everyone's weekend has been good. Again, mine's never long enough. Looking forward to my parents coming in a few weeks.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    And just think, in just a few short weeks, we'll be doing the half marathon (yep, I'm registering tomorrow!). Keep up the great work!

YEAH!!!! I'm so happy for you and now you've run farther than me... You ROCK!!!! I signed up for the 2:40 to 2:50 time wave. I may run it quite a bit slower than that...