i dont like lifting :( no results

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    OP - if you have the same measurements, you are likely not a a deficit. Fix your diet and make sure you follow a progressive loading resistance training routine that incorporates all muscle groups.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I still disagree with your implication that people who chose to strength train different ways are doing so because it's easier.

1. You're overlooking the context
    2. If you want to keep it arguing feel free to PM me. I don't want to derail OP further.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    squat- 50 lbs 5x5

deadflift-100 lbs 5x5

row- 20 lbs 5x5

press- 40 5x5

and please do not say go heavier because this is still heavy for me
    What does that even mean?

If someone put a gun to your head and said, "give me five squats with a 55 lb bar or I shoot you," would you be able to do it?

And now for the progressive overload portion of our program
  • Kimsoontobe
    Kimsoontobe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I still disagree with your implication that people who chose to strength train different ways are doing so because it's easier.

It's not true strength training unless you are adding more weight. Doing bodyweight exercises over and over again is working out, not strength training.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I hate lifting too, it's not fun for me. I still strength train because I know it's important, I just do yoga or pilates instead,

is pilates considered strength training?

I also HATE lifting...it's so boring to me to do the same repetitive motion over and over again. I prefer body weight exercises like pilates also. I started p90x3 about a month ago and like that wayyy better. It can also be argued that exercises like that are better for you because the movements target a variety of muscles versus just one with traditional weight lifting.

So.... in order words, you enjoy those because it's easier than lifting heavy weights.

So basically you're saying people who don't like strength training are LAZY? That's why I run 10 miles at a time, because it's easy, obviously. God forbid someone actually enjoys something different then you.

And just fyi, yoga and pilates are not easy. Often I wake up sore out of my mind and feel extremely challenged.

No. I'm more so referring to the fact that "Body Weight Exercises" are also repetitive continuous movements - ie. pushups, crunches, pullups and other movements in p90x etc. They just happen to be easier than say Squats or Deadlifts at 80% of your 1rm.

Also the comment that they target a variety of different muscles, but lifting weights doesn't?

If you want to run, run. If you want to do pilates, do pilates. At least make sense when you're trying to prove a point though.

Well, unless you progress to a one-armed pushup or a pistol squat.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Bump
    Seriously? Bumping a thread that someone posted on a minute ago. NVM looked at post history
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    squat- 50 lbs 5x5

deadflift-100 lbs 5x5

row- 20 lbs 5x5

press- 40 5x5

and please do not say go heavier because this is still heavy for me
    What does that even mean?

If someone put a gun to your head and said, "give me five squats with a 55 lb bar or I shoot you," would you be able to do it?

And now for the progressive overload portion of our program

:laugh: :laugh:
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    MOVE ALONG HERE PEOPLE, I CANT PLAY NICE WITH OTHERS
  • usmcmp
    Options

You play nice with me :wink:
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Are you getting adequate protein? I didn't notice any improvement (and quit on weight training a couple times) until I focused on my macros.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Bump
    Seriously? Bumping a thread that someone posted on a minute ago. NVM looked at post history

You made me curious so I checked it out too. 90% of her posts just say "bump"

*boggle*

bump_zps5d0b7fda.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Everyone should play nice with you if they have any sense!
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    To me it also sounds like you are not following the program, and not eating in a deficit. Fixing these might not make it more enjoyable for you, but it will get you results.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    Everyone should play nice with you if they have any sense

<3 the both of ya
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

Sweet Mother of.....
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    If you don't push yourself to the limit, I can see lifting being boring. I can also see why you wouldn't be getting the results you want from it.
  • usmcmp
    Options

Let's argue with or ignore the people who are successful. They have nice bodies, they've never been fat or struggled.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    In order for the Stronglifts program to work you have to actually DO it. Like others have said, it's quite clear you have not done it.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Everyone should play nice with you if they have any sense

<3 the both of ya

oooo - a threesome! :tongue:

<3 back atcha!