Why did you get inked?

Options
1235»

Replies

• fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be different. I wanted the world to know I was a rebel. I wanted to do something that would make me unique - not like everyone else of my generation.

So I didn't get any tattoos. I know. Crazy.
  • tracys2166
    tracys2166 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I always wanted one but never got round to it... So when I hit the big 40 I decided it was time :)
  • TheBadToe
    TheBadToe Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    because it feels good. And I like that my designs are permanent.
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I walked into a shop the day I turned 18 simply because I liked tattoos and wanted one. The next 3 tattoos came because I enjoyed the experience the first time. Sadly, I wasn't knowledgeable enough to research the artist when I got my first two, and 20 years later I hate them. My next one will be to cover those two up and have sentiment to it.
  • bensmom912
    Options
    I got mine when my mom passed away in November 2013.First one at age 42.... Me, my sis and my dad all got the same tattoo a black swirl butterfly shaded in purple for me and my sis and my dad got his shaded in green...
  • healthykaitlin
    healthykaitlin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It started out meaningful, but now I just really enjoy them!
  • StephyA86
    StephyA86 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I got my first (and currently only, hehe) tattoo last November. It's a gorgeous watercolor phoenix on the inside of my right ankle. My artist managed to make it feminine and badass as the same time..I love it. I decided to get it after I filed for divorce. I've been through a lot in my life and wanted to be able to look at my tattoo and remember I can walk through fire and emerge stronger than ever, every time.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Dunno.
    Back in the day not too many people got tattoos, except maybe convicts, sailors and a few people in the arts. I guess I figured it would differentiate me and make me stand out. I suppose being a somewhat radical thing in those days, it was a statement.
    Plus, a very important person in my life had just died. I knew I could look at the tattoo and realize I had gotten it about the same time I lost that person -- in a sense, it would help me carry them forever.
    You needed a lot of reasons for a tattoo back then.
  • PixTheCupCakeDestroyer
    Options
    Bc I think it's sexy, I love my boys covered, and love a guy who finds ink irresistible.
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Because I enjoy the art form, found a design in which the symbology resonated with my life and found an artist whose work I admired. That and its bad *kitten*!
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I have 9 at the moment. I have a FANTASTIC idea for my next one,

6cb79_whitneyart5.jpg

LOVE

Just... make sure you have the spelling mistake fixed before you get it done.

Dieing would be stamping something out with a die vs. dying meaning ceasing to live.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    One to celebrate my 18th bday and the other to celebrate my cancerversary.

About to get another to celebrate freedom.