What's your favorite COMPLIMENT since starting?

Options

Replies

• ewarlow
    ewarlow Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Getting double takes from someone I havent seen since August... umm yea :)

I hear lots that Im getting "so tiny" - Ive got at least 15 more pounds to lose but its fantastic to hear!

ETA: My husband told me my butt was getting small (this is good!) - I thought he was just trying to cheer me up, but he insists it was simply an observation!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I was at a pool party at the end of last summer at my neighbor's house. They have a 17 year old daughter, and I was mistaken by some other people in attendance to be "her new boyfriend". Hahah. :laugh:

"Oh hi Stephanie, it's good to see you! This (nodding to me) must be your new boyfriend, right?"

I'm 31. I'll take that any day.

That is awesome!!!
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    "I saw you come in to work this morning with your running gear on. Damn, you're so motivated and fit!"

I LOVED hearing that. My goals revolve around my physical fitness and quality of life, not the number on the scale or what I see in the mirror (though those are bonuses). I'd much rather receive a compliment for my dedication and fitness than one that focuses only on my body. :bigsmile:
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    That's a really good question. I think my favorite compliment is, "You look so skinny but SO STRONG." I loved that. However, I find much more joy in people asking me for help or advice on their own fitness journeys. :) I'm not skinny, btw. I'm totally in the middle of my healthy BMI range (like spot on) and have a medium frame. I'm always going to have a little curve to me. But it still was nice to hear!! :)
  • dougnaz
    dougnaz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look 10 years younger! You don't even look like the same person!
  • sjchristofferson
    sjchristofferson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A teacher at my kids' gym hadn't seen me since last August. She stopped me and said, "I just wanted to tell you that you look AMAZING! I haven't seen you since last summer, and at first I didn't even recognize you. I was like, is that Finn and Bella's mom?" That seriously made my day!

Although my husband has been super encouraging and proud of my progress, he says it's sometimes hard to tell a difference because he sees me every single day -- and that he still thought I was beautiful 50 lbs ago :) However, it's when I see people that I haven't seen in a while that I get more of a reaction. It is so nice to have people acknowledge the hard work!
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I haven't got any yet.. so sad... :-(

I suspect you are fishing... Because you look awesome. You don't even have a belly anymore! Whatever you have been doing is paying off! :love:
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    My favorite compliment came from my brother one day we were talking about outdoor activities and he mentioned how one person struggled through a hike and he said that it would not be a problem for people in shape like us!

Later that day he also congratulated me on my weight loss and the fact that I am so active.

I think his congratulations meant more to me being that he is athletic and can understand how far I have really come. Do you find that some comments mean more coming from certain people?
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    An attractive woman at work said I looked really good, but prefaced it with a sexual harassment disclaimer. lol Somehow it was more flattering that way.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options

You're kidding! Your before and after is amazing. Great work, man.
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    A couple of friends I hadn't seen for a couple months said they couldn't put their finger on it but I had a "sparkle" about me, then just as we were saying goodbye and hugged, one of them screeched an almighty OMG!!! Haha- think everyone in a 5mile radius turned and stared!
  • Fit4Nature
    Options

Aw, come on. How could you not get any? You look awesome in your before and after photo there!

Well ... my only compliment so far is, "You don't huff up the incline anymore!" (said by co-worker). We have an incline and steps to traverse before getting inside the building. A month ago, I'd be sucking hair and trying to hide it. Now I don't =3...
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    You've lost like 100 lbs!!

p.s. I've lost 58 lbs.
  • khkjkk
    khkjkk Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    "Do you have a portrait that's getting older and fatter locked away somewhere?"

I thought it was a wonderful compliment.
  • bermudamel
    bermudamel Posts: 212
    Options
    people who haven't seen me in a while (like at work) will say "have you worked here long?" and I'll say yeah for 2 years, and then they recognize me and say wow you've lost a lot of weight!
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The most recent one I got was from a professional colleague, who's been following my progress through Twitter and Facebook, sending me an email to ask for advice on how to get healthy herself. Hearing people say that I'm inspiring them is a great compliment. :-)
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Love this thread.

Getting the eye spazz from girls when you first make eye contact. It's crazy to think that I went 30 years without ever seeing it too.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I have been told twice lately that I have inspired two different people. That means alot actually that someone looks at me like that.

Yes, I have gotten the compliments as well. People asked me if I got shorter!!! I'm really short but I guess losing weight makes me look even shorter. LOL! I am ok with that, wasn't called tiny much in my life, but I'm getting called that now!
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I just got a compliment today from my husband. I asked him why he never seems to want to workout with me and he admitted he's embarrassed to lift with me cause I "show him up". :blushing:
  • johe28
    johe28 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I had one of the trainers tell me I was "carrying less weight" on my chest and stomach. Felt good.