(Humor) What's your most ridiculous fad diet?

Options
I know I can't be alone in trying so many different diets.

I tried to the "3 day before surgery" diet. My friend sent it to me. She said she read that many Dr.'s put their heart patients on a specific diet before surgery. Basically it's starvation and not a long term solution.

I did Slim Fast for a week. I have to chew, maybe that's psychological but I can't drink my calories.

I read Alicia Silverstone's - The Kind Diet. I tried it for a week. I did feel a little "lighter" from not eating meat. But I hate vegetables, ha ha. I can only eat them raw, so that doesn't work.

I tried the Raw Diet. Nothing can be cooked, everything you eat or drink must be raw. At least I could chew food with this one, but I don't think I could commit to it for a long period of time. Plus my husband BBQ'd Pork Steaks and that was the end of the Raw Diet.

I read the Paleolithic Diet. Makes sense a little, that we should eat like the cavemen originally ate. Eliminating processed foods, but get to eat meat. To me, this made the most sense but I it's so hard with kids and making their lunches to keep on this type of diet. No wheat, no dairy, etc. I found both these books interesting. Things you never really hear, like sunflower and sesame seeds have as much protein in them as chicken! But I love pasta too much to be faithful to this diet.

What are some of your funny diets - that you look back on and think "what was I thinking?"

Replies

• sexylonglegs
    Options
    cabbage soup diet
    atkins
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    The tuna cracker diet. Nothing but tuna fish and crackers for three weeks. Bleh.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    The Gummy worm diet
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    cabbage soup diet
    atkins

I don't do this "diet" but I do make cabbage soup a couple of times per month. Yummy and so low cal!
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    The Gummy worm diet

LMAO...for real?
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Ha! In college I did the grapefruit diet! Grapefruit for breakfast and lunch then some more with a light dinner. Problem was I drank WAY too much beer and other alcoholic beverages, then would get pizza on the way home from the bar. Somehow, I didn't realize that was hindering my diet. Dumb diet and dumb dieter. Glad I'm wiser now!
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    I would love a gummy worm diet!
    I did the 7 day cleanse where you basically ate nothing for like 3 days (besides water and raw cabage) and then on the 4th day you get a steak.

A friend's husband did the salmon sandwhich diet where he only ate salmon from a can on lite bread for breakfast lunch and dinner BARF!
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    The only diet I tried before realizing this was a lifestyle change (and that diets are horrible for you) was the Cabbage Soup diet, god I hated that thing I think I lasted maybe a couple of weeks lol
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The Gummy worm diet
    One of my college roommates made up a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup diet. She only ate one as her meal three times a day. Said the pb was protein and enough to sustain her. She was really thin. I was at least smart enough to know that one wasn't gonna cut it.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    cabbage soup diet
    atkins

I don't do this "diet" but I do make cabbage soup a couple of times per month. Yummy and so low cal!

I LOVE cabbage... I eat kimchi every day! and make a spicy fermented cabbage soup regularly - what kind of cabbage soup do you make?
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I tried the "Green tea diet". You spend a lot of money on Green tea and eat whatever you want and it burns fat *eyeroll* I only tried is cause they were offering free trials. Fortunately it didn't cost any money.

I tried a lot of stuff like that - free trial fat burning stuff. One was a metamucil like substance that was supoosed to make you lose 10lbs in 10 days.

I definitely had the mentality of "meh, it's free, why not?"
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    if I just take a bunch of hunger suppressing drugs, I can skip breakfast and lunch entirely, and then I can eat whatever I want for dinner. :huh:

Ya. :noway:

Dropped 20 lbs. Then, when leaving the drugs behind, gained back the 20 and 40 more. :grumble:

BAD diet.:angry:
  • Luckymam
    Options
    LighterLife. I have to laugh when I think of the £1000+ that I spent on milkshakes. If I didn't, I'd cry...:sad:
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I also did the cabbage soup diet. I like cabbage soup but it got pretty frigging old after several days of it.

There was another I did, don't remember exactly but you ate just melon one day, just bananas another, just tuna another, something crazy like that. I was ready to kill someone by the end of that week.
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    grapefruit diet. my BF and i in middle school were both chunky (and had been since elementary school, i'd known him for a while) and we were both vegetarian and liked fruit so we thought, why not!?

OMG AFTER A WEEK I NEVER WANTED TO SEE A GRAPEFRUIT EVER AGAIN! DX

i may like grapefruit.......but they're good about once a month.

sheesh.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Raw Food Diet - I can't believe how much fat is in all of that when you include all of the nuts. Plus, it just doesn't taste good. Hmm, Eat RIght for Your Blood Type. The Candida Yeast Cookbook. Quite a few I guess.
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    The 'broke college student' diet...I lost 60 pounds my freshman year of college because all I could afford to buy was boxes of popcorn and I'd stretch out for two meals and drink tap water with it. Unfortunately, I got a job in my second semester and not only did I gain back the weight, but it brought its friends along too.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    I did the cabbage soup diet, the grapefruit diet also the low carbohydrate diet, also slimfast and weight watchers and a few more that I have seen in magazines YUCK. why do we do this, eating a low cal diet and exercise is the smartest way and the way to do it long term
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    The 'broke college student' diet...I lost 60 pounds my freshman year of college because all I could afford to buy was boxes of popcorn and I'd stretch out for two meals and drink tap water with it. Unfortunately, I got a job in my second semester and not only did I gain back the weight, but it brought its friends along too.

ha! thats better then the "all you can eat college cafeteria diet" that i went on in college, about about 90 lbs gained. and i was at my goal weight when i started college and everything. >_<
  • tater8589
    Options
    I tried Hydroxycut, worked for about a month then my body got used to it. I also tried Stimerex, which worked wonders, however was also pulled off the market because it had effedrine (re-worked version of effedra) in it.