(Humor) What's your most ridiculous fad diet?

Options

Replies

• xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Oh my goodness I did not realize there were so many "fad" diets out there, lol. When I think "fad diet" I think, South Beach, Slim Fast, Atkins, things of that nature. I attempted to try Atkins but it just made no sense to me that you could eat all the meat and cheese you want in phase 1 but no fruit:noway: I'm sorry I need my fruit and it just isn't a diet for me. Sure I "really" started making changes in April and here we are Sept. but I'm down 30lbs, other people may be down 30lbs within 2-3 months doing these fad diets but I wasn't looking for a "quick fix" I was looking for a lifestyle change, and the fact that I dropped weight while making this "lifestyle change" is even more of a reason to just stick to a plain old healthy diet and excersice.

Gummy Worm diet, lol, if that were even possible I might try it, lol, not to lose weight but just to eat gummy worms all the time, those little suckers are delicious:laugh:
  • nlibera
    Options
    Duplicate.
  • nlibera
    Options
    The Gummy worm diet
    One of my college roommates made up a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup diet. She only ate one as her meal three times a day. Said the pb was protein and enough to sustain her. She was really thin. I was at least smart enough to know that one wasn't gonna cut it.

Woops, wrong button before! First semester sophomore year in college, I pretty much just ate in the cafe of fries for lunch and fries + chicken wings for dinner for like a month. Did lose weight but definitely not the best idea I had!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    i think I've tried them all:

cabbage soup
    Atkins
    grapefruit
    Mayo clinic
    Eggs and spinach
    slimfast
    green tea
    chinese tea
    1000 cals per day

I even bought seaweed patches!!! OMG!! Can't believe I did that....................

Oh, and now I'm on the MFP!!!! :laugh:

Just kiddin :wink:
  • erinkate82
    Options
    I wouldn't consider this a "diet" but I read the book "Skinny B!tch" and was not able to eat meat, sugar and many other things for about 2 weeks. Please do not read this book unless you want to be scared skinny!
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    The 'broke college student' diet...I lost 60 pounds my freshman year of college because all I could afford to buy was boxes of popcorn and I'd stretch out for two meals and drink tap water with it. Unfortunately, I got a job in my second semester and not only did I gain back the weight, but it brought its friends along too.

LMAO! I totally did this, too!!!! :-)
  • platoon
    Options
    I wouldn't consider this a "diet" but I read the book "Skinny B!tch" and was not able to eat meat, sugar and many other things for about 2 weeks. Please do not read this book unless you want to be scared skinny!

I read this book too, and she's right... you won't want to eat or drink - EVER. :-)
  • Andre_Demers
    Options
    I haven't seen rice diet. Eat all you can but it has to be with rice. Rice soup, rice vegetable, rice chicken. It did work for a while.

Currently trying something else. Eat every 30 minutes. Sounds funny but not easy to eat all the time.:laugh:
  • platoon
    Options
    I tried Atkins, and my cholesterol went up dramatically - for which, I now take medication. :-(

I'm actually doing a derivative of Paleo now, but more as a lifestyle change... no processed foods, lean meat, and lots of veggies and fruit. The no dairy and no carbs is tough, but so far, so good. :-)
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I went through a phase of eating one meal per day which consisted of a bowl of lentil soup, with two buttered rolls. Treat day was Friday, when I would have a massive great big eff-off bag of Maltesers.

I did lose weight on it, but really, I was starving and I mean monster starving :laugh:
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen rice diet. Eat all you can but it has to be with rice. Rice soup, rice vegetable, rice chicken. It did work for a while.

Currently trying something else. Eat every 30 minutes. Sounds funny but not easy to eat all the time.:laugh:

I do a rice diet when my Colitis flares up but never did it for weight loss :tongue:
  • skinnyack
    Options
    I did a fruit diet- all fruit during the day- veggies at night with a scoop of protein. It was right up my alley and I felt great until the end of summer when all the fruit sources dried up or got too pricey.

Also read the kind diet and skinny *****. I'm a pescetarian to the best of my ability (occasional other meat) , try to eat organic when financially possible and available, but I have let a little dairy slip back in-it's limited though. i feel better now that I only occasionally eat meat.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it but that new "cookie" diet looks really stupid. You don't have to pay that high price to get to eat 1 cookie at each meal. I mean I LOVE cookies... but not as the only thing I get to eat
  • KarenJean81
    KarenJean81 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Lol, I tried that one too! Same thing, a girlfriend told me about it.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    The Gummy worm diet
    that sounds yummy except I'd have to switch it over to 'gummy bears'!:blushing: :tongue:
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    The Gummy worm diet
    that sounds yummy except I'd have to switch it over to 'gummy bears'!:blushing: :tongue:

But then the bears probably wouldn't work. :laugh:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    The Gummy worm diet

But then the bears probably wouldn't work. :laugh:
    oh, so then I guess I'd have to make sure I ate gummy worms along WITH the bears then..:wink::laugh:

Unless this is like the tape worm diet someone on here once talked about...ew! Except these are gummy worms? lol

Gummy worms & Gummy Bears.....Yummyyy:smokin:

EDIT: OMG! who started this thread! Now I want Gummy anything...:sad: :laugh:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Cabbage soup, Hydroxy, some other horse pill herby thing, lemonade diet, phentermine, low cal/low fat, calorie counting.........

:heart: Low Carb Eating!
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    cabbage soup diet
    atkins

I don't do this "diet" but I do make cabbage soup a couple of times per month. Yummy and so low cal!

I LOVE cabbage... I eat kimchi every day! and make a spicy fermented cabbage soup regularly - what kind of cabbage soup do you make?

here is the recipe:
    http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/recipe.html
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    Slim Fast. That one worked until I ate solid food again. In fact, it's the last time I weighed this little - but I was much hungrier then! lol.

Also, and this one I still regret -

Ephedra products..... Remember that drug that was in hydroxycut and every other weight loss pill in early 2000s? The one that gave 20 year olds stroke and heart attacks? I did that one. I'd take the maximum amount allowed (if not more) and then Not eat all day, except for a pack of gummi bears (strange that gummi items keep coming up - but, hey, I worked at a movie theater and they were $1.25) until dinner time, when I would go home and eat as little as possible just to convince my parents I didn't have an eating disorder....

Have I mentioned I love MFP?