Replies

• tanfit4life
    tanfit4life Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am 37 I love to lift-count me in
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'll be 45 this coming June. Been lifting on and off since i was 12 years of age. If you want to start a group.....then count me in as well!
  • Kgreenlaker
    Kgreenlaker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Turning 49 Sunday and I am 90 days into a program. lift 3 days a week cardio 3 days a week. adding 10 pounds every two weeks.
  • jamilt
    jamilt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Whats up.........Im 46 be 47 in July..Im in but,I will have to go back and read all the latest post to catch up on whats happening.A little background,my heaviest has been 240 im down to 218 now..Trying to build muscle,cutting stage now. Goal 200lbs,whats going on???
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I want to be in shape again but I want a little more. this is just what I neeed.
  • jamilt
    jamilt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Im all in!!!!!!!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I started at 43 and am now 44. I lost at least 30 lbs of fat and I seem to have added a bit of muscle over the last year. It's true that injury is more likely and takes longer to recover from. Also instead of injuring a muscle or tendon or bone, I ended up with an inguinal hernia (which doesn't get better over time just by resting) and learned that:
    Because the cumulative incidence of inguinal hernia was higher among men (13.9%) than among women (2.1%), more detailed analyses were conducted in men. Among men in multivariate analysis, a higher incidence (p < 0.05) of inguinal hernia was associated with an age of 40–59 years (hazard ratio (HR) = 2.2, 95% confidence interval (CI): 1.7, 2.8), an age of 60–74 years (HR = 2.8, 95% CI: 2.2, 3.6), and hiatal hernia (HR = 1.8, 95% CI: 1.2, 2.7),

That hasn't stopped me but it did change the strategies I employ in seeking more strength/muscle.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Where's the forum?