My poor kids, their hamsters both died last night

Options
2»

Replies

• mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I used to have hamsters too. I knew it wasn't advised to keep them in the same cage, but not heard of two living happily then having a domestic that ended badly! Gross.

The mum will eat the weakest pup for the proteinz to help raise the healthy ones. Or if there's simply too many to cope. They can also 'self-abort' whilst gestating and reabsorb the nutrients if needed.

Life is gross.
  • Oldtimer_65
    Options
    First world problems. In a lot of places, they would have eaten the hamsters months ago....
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    My friend gave her children a hamster for Christmas. They opened the box, the hamster escaped, & was promptly eaten by their cat.
  • Oldtimer_65
    Options
    My friend gave her children a hamster for Christmas. They opened the box, the hamster escaped, & was promptly eaten by their cat.

Thats perfect........

She should get a dog now, to swallow the cat, who swallowed the hamster............and so forth.

I don't know why, she swallowed the fly. Perhaps she'l die?
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    made the news...

2aaebmd.jpg
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    Was it a murder/suicide pact????
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    LMAO. wait, this isn't supposed to be funny, right?
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    You ARE what you eat
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. We went through a few hamsters when our children were all young. Started with 3 (called them the 3 little pigs) but one escaped and got eaten by the dog. Found his head on the floor in front of the TV. Then we kept the other 2 together but had to separate them after awhile because they would fight. One bit the eye out of the other. The one eyed hamster lived the longest. The other we say committed suicide. He got his head stuck in a hole he chewed out of the habi-trail tube and basically strangled himself. The one eyed wonder as we called him died of natural causes. They were constantly escaping. Once we found one wondering around our basement several weeks after he escaped. It didn't matter what type of cage we had them in either. They would find a way to get out. They are horrible pets. They bite, fight, chew on everything keeping you up all night etc. Not to mention that no matter how much you clean the cage they stink!! We saw them once chase each other up a tube in the habi-trail and the one got on the top of the tube, turned around and peed down the tube onto the one following behind him. After they were gone I said no more and to make sure we didn't get another one I got rid of all of the cages and habi-trail stuff.
  • SweetTrouble_
    SweetTrouble_ Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    ZuZzN.gif