Best tasting protein powder?

Options
124»

Replies

• Accountess
    Accountess Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love the vegan raw protien. I add the p2b and sugar free banana flavor syrup YUMMY
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Trutein looks great but where do you buy it? On amazon it's way expensive.
  • LEEBRE0005
    Options
    bump
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Trutein looks great but where do you buy it? On amazon it's way expensive.

I usually pick it up at Bodybuilding.com. The large size comes in at about a dollar a serving.
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I see where some people do not like Isopure Vanilla Zero Carb. However, I love it and have had excellent results from it. My nutritionist recommended it to me. :bigsmile:
  • LittleMissFit83
    Options
    I personally love Fitmiss protein powder. The taste is great - but unfortunately this powder is very costly for the amount you get.
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I really like the Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Isolate - Vanilla Creme. Its 130 calories, 1g carb, 30g of protein per scoop! About $20 at most stores. They had it at walmart and the local Meijer.

Oh, and I mix it with unsweetened almond milk.

I second the Body Fortress Whey Isolate - Vanilla. But, do not try the chocolate. It is horrible!

I have the vanilla and it's fine (I typically mix it with a no-sugar-added Carnation Instant Breakfast Drink packet). The chocolate peanut butter though is just wrong. So, so very wrong.
  • angel5561
    angel5561 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I really like the Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Isolate - Vanilla Creme. Its 130 calories, 1g carb, 30g of protein per scoop! About $20 at most stores. They had it at walmart and the local Meijer.

I buy the Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Isolate in Vanilla Creme, it's only OK to me. The vanilla comes across to me as VERY VERY strongly artificial in smell...if you can get past that then the TASTE is ok - not great but at least palatable. I add a serving (2 tbsp) of Nesquick No Sugar Added chocolate milk mix to it to make it great but at that point, why not just buy the chocolate flavor? (FTR I don't buy the chocolate flavor because I find vanilla to be more versatile in recipes and such - I can always add the chocolate powder to the vanilla if I want but I can't remove the chocolate from chocolate flavored protein powder if I would need to - seems convoluted but it works for me :laugh:)
    [/quote

I do this too with hersheys cocoa powder :) I can control the chocolateyness of it this way too :D
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I used to force Body Fortress down, thinking protein shakes all tasted gross. Then my brother introduced me to UMP, and, well....:love:
  • ironrat79
    ironrat79 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Gold standard or syntha 6 for me, muscle milk if I need a quickie premade
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options

Second for the Body Fortress! Walmart and Amazon both have really good prices on it, and it doesn't leave any weird aftertaste for me.
  • franknitty69
    franknitty69 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    as far as taste is concerned i found musclemilk chocolate to be very tasty. and you could also make it more chocolatey by adding a tbsp of Ghirardelli powder. i also like the taste of their cookies and cream.

i tried eas, muscletech, gnc and optimum nutrition...none of the flavors i tried was tolerable. but then again you can always make a protein shake with whatever you want in it.
  • 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I like Trutein Chocolate and BSN Syntha 6 Chocolate both with hot water mmmmmm
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I have tried many many kinds and I think they are all gross. So, I add a banana and some milk along with the powder and it makes it alot easier to chug down.
  • kevcarro
    kevcarro Posts: 1
    Options
    My favourite to date is Chocolate Smooth from MyProtein.com, its also considerably cheaper than most proteins, and just as good as any out there on the market, they have so many flavours too about 20.