Just can't eat anymore

Options
Achrya
Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
I've been on MFP almost a year now and for most of that time I've been all about 'eat as much as you can while making your goals'. I've eaten at 1600, 1650, 1750, and now 1870+exercise calories Or at least I'm trying to! But all of a sudden I find I just can't eat what I need to be eating. I'm stalling around 1500 and have to really push to even make 1700. My stomach is just turning at the thought of more food, let alone the 2000+ I should be eating.

In order to help with this I've switched to fattier beef/meat (80/20 beef, 85/15 turkey and the like) and as a last ditch effort I've cut back on fruits/veg (usually low in calories for a lot of volume) and more ice cream and cookies (less volume but more calories.) I'm eating grilled cheese dripping in margarine to try and get my calorie level up but, once again, I'm almost too queasy to consider my cookies and ice cream tonight.

Am I going crazy? Am I just burned out on food? What should I do? Even less vegetables? More 'junky' carb and fat heavy food? I don't want to lose my gains or start losing weight at some kinda crazy pace; I'm more or less done trying to lose actually.

Note: I don't eat avocado. Don't even suggest it. :angry: That stuff is a crime against taste buds.

Replies

• Arranna1212
    Arranna1212 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Try eating more peanut butter, 2 tablespoons is over 200 calories.. and 2 tablespoons is barely enough for a sandwich. I'm guilty of making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with chocolate chip waffles :bigsmile: Peanut butter and nutella is also a good combo. Any kind of nuts. A handful of almonds is around 200 calories also.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help, but I am a bottomless pit. I have to restrain myself from eating over 2000 calories a day.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. Occasionally I go through this as well. (not often anymore) but sometimes I'm just not hungry and nothing sounds appetizing. For me, its like a phase, and would go away on its own without much worry. It sounds like your trying your best to get all your calories in, and doing everything you can. Hopefully it will just pass on its own and you'll get your appetite back soon. :-)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I can be your friend anymore....

Nuts
    Protein shakes w/ bananas
    Cheese
    More cheese
    Omelets with cheese
    Frosted flakes
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    You hate avocado - we can no longer be friends :noway:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    maybe you need to go to the DR and get checked out? Loss of appetite can sometimes be due to some form of disorder or illness…

Not really sure..as I have days when I am not that hungry ..but I am pretty much a machine when it comes to food.

More carbs perhaps = bread, pasta, rice….?
  • MarucaSoledad
    MarucaSoledad Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Is this "all you can eat" thing a program? Would anyone mind telling me where I can look it up? Didn't find it in yahoo or google search. Thank you!
  • Achrya
    Options
    Try eating more peanut butter, 2 tablespoons is over 200 calories.. and 2 tablespoons is barely enough for a sandwich. I'm guilty of making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with chocolate chip waffles :bigsmile: Peanut butter and nutella is also a good combo. Any kind of nuts. A handful of almonds is around 200 calories also.

I don't eat nuts. Should have mentioned that.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    are you pregnant?
  • Achrya
    Options
    maybe you need to go to the DR and get checked out? Loss of appetite can sometimes be due to some form of disorder or illness…

Not really sure..as I have days when I am not that hungry ..but I am pretty much a machine when it comes to food.

Disorder? Are you saying I'm disordered? Why would you come in here and say that? That's very rude.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Ugh, this is story of my bulk! ♡ IN to see suggestions. Also, sad news to see you hate avacado. .. Not even with Tabasco sauce?!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts!
  • ndj1979
    Options

Disorder? Are you saying I'm disordered? Why would you come in here and say that? That's very rude.

LOLZ no you are not disordered …I mean there may be something wrong from an illness or stomach disorder standpoint…

easy now!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Is this "all you can eat" thing a program? Would anyone mind telling me where I can look it up? Didn't find it in yahoo or google search. Thank you!

its called eat what you want and stay in a calorie deficit..unless you are on a bulk ...
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Maybe you picked up a parasite?

If so, congrats! All the best to you and your new little weight-loss friend!
  • Achrya
    Options

http://www.goldencorral.com/ ?
  • Achrya
    Options
    are you pregnant?

Wouldn't I want to eat more if that was the case?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring all your food?
  • Achrya
    Options
    Maybe you picked up a parasite?

If so, congrats! All the best to you and your new little weight-loss friend!

I am not pregnant!
  • Achrya
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring all your food?

Of course. I'm not new here, I know how to log my food, thank you very much.

I also do squats and deadlifts.