What's your favorite cardio machine at the gym?

Options
13»

Replies

• nyla2120
    nyla2120 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    The outside, training inside a gym is boring as hel.

If forced to choose, the rowing machine; combination of CV and resistance in one :)

Of course you can work out outdoors, but that wasn't my question lol! I don't like outdoor workouts, I prefer the gym. Which is why I asked about which machines are good.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Stairclimber - love hate relationship...

Ugh yes. That thing is SO evil but you gotta know it works because my heart rate soars and I'm sweating by 3 minutes in haha.

I would try this again if the gym location I go to had one, wish they did. So many people say they love them.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    The pool.

I go to Youfit, no pools there lol! Plus I can barely swim, so that probably wouldn't work for me.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Treadmill. I use it mainly in the winter when I cant run outside.

I do love the treadmill, that's where I do my sprints.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Squat Rack

afa15788527aa0c857cb9b6f4e5ddf47.jpg

You can't do both? I do both.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Lots of votes for the stair climber, I tried that once & set it too high. I busted my *kitten* & fell off of it & I haven't gotten back on it since :laugh:

Oh no! You just lived through one of my worst gym phobia's!!! I haven't even tried it yet, but it looks to get a lot of votes here...may have to conquer the fear after all.. :wink:

My gym doesn't have one unfortunately, if they did I would give it another go. Love your avatar BTW.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Of course you can work out outdoors, but that wasn't my question lol! I don't like outdoor workouts,

Each to their own :)

I did a 13Km hill session at 6m20s per km today, very nice day outside, some work through built up area then quite a bit of time through farmland and forestry.

Very therapeutic, although hard work, I was flagging a little towards the end. The final hill nearly beat me.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the rowing machine. Non-impact, includes some resistance, and I like the little breeze the wheel makes. :)

The only thing I don't like about it is the fact I can't watch TV while I do it. But now that I know 15 minutes of HIIT is enough, I don't miss the TV.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Of course you can work out outdoors, but that wasn't my question lol! I don't like outdoor workouts,

Each to their own :)

I did a 13Km hill session at 6m20s per km today, very nice day outside, some work through built up area then quite a bit of time through farmland and forestry.

Very therapeutic, although hard work, I was flagging a little towards the end. The final hill nearly beat me.

Sounds like an awesome workout!
  • jdhowell88
    Options
    Squats!!
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Crossramp machine, that is my biggest burn as far as machines go.
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Treadmill, but I enjoy the elliptical and stepmill from time to time too :)
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    When I do HIIT noting beats the treadmill for me. But on the days I just do steady state or a cardio program I like to use the crossramp, I work up a great swear & it's easy on my joints. However those are being phased out at my gym, so I wanted to get suggestions for another great one :smile:

I had to look up what a crossramp was
    Stairclimber - love hate relationship...

I'd never hear of / seen one of these until recently, as well as the ladder climber, rope pull thingy and the arm bike thingy. We don't tend to have a wide variety of cardio equipment at gyms in the UK, at least not at the ones I've been too. I hate that I have only seen an arc trainer once,

Why so many names for the same thing :(

Anyways my fave is the treadmill or crosstrainer
  • trainerwannabe
    trainerwannabe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    LOVE the rowing machine!!
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Beautifulbridgittlee7 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Pool, and versa climber, but if that's not around rowing/Stairmaster
  • daynes23
    daynes23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Arctrainer! Just got turned on to it last week. Can be like a stairclimber or elliptical depending on the settings. Sometimes if I'm in a good rhythm and there's a good song on I feel like I'm dancing! Then I get a big smile on my face and think "I shouldn't be having this much fun right now!"
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    No favorites, because cardio is the devil. But I love what the stair stepper does for my legs and butt!
  • Treecat47
    Treecat47 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It used to be the rower until my back screwed up. When I'm able to go to the gym (not at the moment), it's now the elliptical and bike followed by swimming.