Question about Pb2

Options
2»

Replies

• LindaFromNH
    LindaFromNH Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Climbing Tree, Is that the name of it? It sounds like what I would need if I wanted to make a Pad Thai dish and use instead of peanut butter... Trying to cut out the fat and sugar...
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Pb2 may look good because you are getting protein with out the calories but please know that your body does not recognize artificial ingredients. When you eat artificial sugar, your body is tricked into thinking it is going to receive nutrition/fuel. Glucose (sugar) is the fastest form of fuel, and if your body thinks it's getting it and does not receive this fuel, you will crave sugar for the rest of the day.

Best educational advice I've ever read on here.
    For. Sure. :indifferent:
  • Sztheday
    Sztheday Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    There's a blogger named Food Babe who advises against PB2, because of the processing. I just got some, but haven't used it yet. The ingredient list doesn't look too bad, so I'm not sure what the fuss is about. Here's the link for food babe.

http://foodbabe.com
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    There's a blogger named Food Babe who advises against PB2, because of the processing. I just got some, but haven't used it yet. The ingredient list doesn't look too bad, so I'm not sure what the fuss is about. Here's the link for food babe.

http://foodbabe.com

She also is a moron, see the "yoga mat chemcial" fear mongering
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Pb2 may look good because you are getting protein with out the calories but please know that your body does not recognize artificial ingredients. When you eat artificial sugar, your body is tricked into thinking it is going to receive nutrition/fuel. Glucose (sugar) is the fastest form of fuel, and if your body thinks it's getting it and does not receive this fuel, you will crave sugar for the rest of the day.

You watch too much Dr. Oz.
    47205971.jpg
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Climbing Tree, Is that the name of it? It sounds like what I would need if I wanted to make a Pad Thai dish and use instead of peanut butter... Trying to cut out the fat and sugar...

edit: LOL, caught by the edit!

You can get Peanut Flour at Trader Joe's that is the same thing as what Climbing Tree mentioned - literally peanut flour and nothing else. Don't have to wait for or pay for shipping that way.

That said, This is what I buy

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-OhqXyypO1Dc/UyMEcITGD4I/AAAAAAAABEY/voUCNFOAH8I/w480-h640-no/PB2.JPG

I can't remember how to show the actual pic but you should be able to follow the link to see the bottle it comes in. I paid I believe just over $4 for that 6.5oz bottle, at Walmart. In the section with the rest of the peanut butters, right next to the jam, in my particular store!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

k thanks.

img_2494.jpg
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options

This may be symantics, but...

So, you're saying your body doesn't recognize articial ingredients, but it does in fact receive a dietary stimuli and produces a response to that stimuli? Pretty sure that's "recognition." :huh:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    You can make your own powdered peanut butter too. Weigh out peanut butter, add in 40% of that weight in N-Zorbit M and throw into a food processor
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

PB2 Ingredients, taken straight off the back of my jar of it:

Roasted Peanuts, Sugar, and Salt.

Nothing "artificial."

This
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 with my protein shake. I love the flavor of PB in my protein shake but not so fond of the calories. This is a good compromise.