Heavy lifting NSV-- goodbye scale, you sneaky liar!

Options
1235»

Replies

• SandraNancy
    SandraNancy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    AMEN! I have been lifting heavy for 2.5 months. Every week I get on the scale to see that I have climbed from 117 lbs to 122, 123, 124. Maybe that doesn't seem like a big deal, but its all relative, and to me this seems like a failure. On the up side, my thighs are thinner, my butt is toned, my abs are cut, and my arms are defined. I look in the mirror and LOVE what I see! My scale and I are taking a little break in April. I am going to take a picture on 4/1 and take my measurements and at the end of the month I will let the measuring tape and the pictures be my judge!

I hear ya, it's a BIG deal when you've been so focussed on making the number smaller rather than larger. I imagine most people who have lost weight have a secret dread that it'll come back. When I saw the weight start creeping back, it was not a good feeling. Still, now that I can see all those wonderful changes (as you're mentioning) I have to vote for looking and feeling great rather than loving my number on a scale.

Good for you, moving on to the mighty measuring tape!
  • time4kim2014
    time4kim2014 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Sometimes I feel the only place I am comfortable with my body is at the gym lifting where all my muscles show.
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Love this, so much, congratulations on such a healthy perspective, getting stronger, and of course, you look fabulous!
  • mgraciellem
    mgraciellem Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is just what I needed. :) Loved the post! Great job!
  • Patty1015A
    Patty1015A Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Narc_soda
    Narc_soda Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Well done!
    (nice written angle!)
  • SandraNancy
    Options
    Big thanks to everyone who commented; I had no idea my personal love/hate relationship with the scale was mirrored by so many, particularly when it comes to heavy lifting.

I really appreciate all the comments, compliments, and friend requests. WOW!
  • ottomark14
    ottomark14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wicked. You look awesome!
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I LOVE SEEING THINGS LIKE THIS.
    That's absolutely what it's about! Looking healthier, feeling healthier - being healthier. I like to tell people that the scale can only tell you what your relationship is with gravity. Your body would look the same on the moon and be much lighter. Focus on looking great and feeling great. And you've done that. It's so wonderful.

Also I like your choice of before picture.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    So true. I figured this out about 10 years ago. I was 145 lbs 26% body fat and wearing a size 14.

After a lot of lifting and clean eating I got to 17% body fat and a size 6. Weight was still 145 lbs. :)

Measurements, body fat and how your clothes fit is the real "scale".
  • SandraNancy
    Options
    I LOVE SEEING THINGS LIKE THIS.
    That's absolutely what it's about! Looking healthier, feeling healthier - being healthier. I like to tell people that the scale can only tell you what your relationship is with gravity. Your body would look the same on the moon and be much lighter. Focus on looking great and feeling great. And you've done that. It's so wonderful.

Also I like your choice of before picture.

Thank you! The before picture is particularly fitting, since drinking too much, partying, and making poor food choices were what got me in that mess in the first place. :P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!