Replies

• impromark
    impromark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yes. Do you?
  • ME0172
    ME0172 Posts: 200
    Options
    No. Once a week, the same time of day, the same day of the week.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    No because there are too many variables so why bother? Like the above poster I weigh in once a week, first thing in the morning after hitting the bathroom
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Yes. Every morning. Doing it keeps me on track. If I'm up one day, I know that I wasn't good the day or two before, so I should watch what I eat that day to keep myself in check. :drinker:
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Twice a day.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Yep, everyday sometimes a few times a day. I like to see patterns. If my weight stays the same for three-four days then I record.

I only count my first morning weigh-in.
  • AstroNatx
    AstroNatx Posts: 20
    Options
    Like 4 times a day. Even though I know I shouldn't and there's no point, I just can't help it :( Should weigh yourself once a week at the same time.
  • LazyRunner_2212
    LazyRunner_2212 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    yes, helps me keep a track
    1720121.png
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    You can weight yourself down with doubt and uncertainty, or just get on the damn scale and weigh yourself.
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    When I lived in one place the whole week, I did weigh every day. My strategy was to weigh it, log it, then forget about the number and just pay attention to the trend.

Now I am in one place for work 4.5 days and home 2.5 days a week, so I just weigh the three mornings I am home, log it, then forget about the number and watch the trend.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    yes u should unless u are on the rag
  • FitnessLover001
    FitnessLover001 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I do every morning! I know you shouldn't but I do it anyway. I'm a scale *kitten*. haha I want to see a certain number on that scale
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Yep, I think it's fun. And it helps me know when to expect my period. Since I've been weighing daily (since I joined MFP), I have become much more aware of what my body does before, during, and after menstruation. I feel like I know my body much better. And I feel like I know what is normal and what is a concern.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Never. My weight fluctuates too much from day to day.
  • harveygirlkc
    harveygirlkc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I get very frustrated by the fluctuations of the scale when I weigh every day, so while I might weigh often, I only log it once a week. It keeps me on track, but doesn't make me want to give up. NSVs are critical as well, but not as easy to notice and celebrate!
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    Yes. Every morning. And I don't feel like a *kitten*. :-)

I know there are variables from one day to the next. And that is precisely why I step on the scale every day. If I only weigh once a week, I don't know if that day is the weirdo high day. By weighing every day I can watch for patterns.
  • polkadotmoon
    Options
    Technically yes. I don't log it, nor do I weigh myself at a set time when I'm sure I'll be free from food/water/whatever weight, but every day I step on the scales at work and make a mental note of the reading.
  • betma319
    betma319 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do every morning at the same time. Should I?
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Yes. Every morning. And I don't feel like a *kitten*. :-)

I know there are variables from one day to the next. And that is precisely why I step on the scale every day. If I only weigh once a week, I don't know if that day is the weirdo high day. By weighing every day I can watch for patterns.

Exactly! Weighing once a week and the chance of that one day not being accurate is not cool. lol... Definitely got to see patterns.