Why do straight women hit on gay guys...

Options
124»

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    ohh so you mean bisexual men do not go to gay bars?? ohh thats right we bisexuals are not allowed in lgBt spaces

I forgot

silly
    didn't mean that but come on you can tell if a guy is gay or bi hit on the Bi

errrr NO... who can tell that....? I can't tell if a man's gay, straight or bi, unless he tells me.... I know straight guys that act "gay" (as in the stereotype) and gay guys who are nothing like the stereotypes at all, and bisexual guys... well there's not even any stereotypes for them that I know of. And I don't believe in stereotypes anyway; for every person who's like the stereotype there's someone else who's not.

Perfect example: Neil Patrick Harris aka Barney Stinson. One of my straight male friends just found out that he is gay a week ago. Apparently my friend has been living under a rock for several years. Lol. But yeah, you make an excellent point.
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    ohh so you mean bisexual men do not go to gay bars?? ohh thats right we bisexuals are not allowed in lgBt spaces

I forgot

silly

errrr NO... who can tell that....? I can't tell if a man's gay, straight or bi, unless he tells me.... I know straight guys that act "gay" (as in the stereotype) and gay guys who are nothing like the stereotypes at all, and bisexual guys... well there's not even any stereotypes for them that I know of. And I don't believe in stereotypes anyway; for every person who's like the stereotype there's someone else who's not.
    and you can tell even without the stereotypes, it is a vibe thingy
  • TrevNiel22
    TrevNiel22 Posts: 182
    Options
    its kind of like a guy trying to pick up lesbians,

winning the other side over is like gold for some people

:laugh: :laugh:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

I forgot

silly

and you can tell even without the stereotypes, it is a vibe thingy

you might be able to.... I sure can't!! Also, how do you know you're right (other than when you successfully pull someone)? Because people in the past I've met that claim they can know someone's sexuality without being told it, if they're told their wrong, they always answer "that's because they're in denial" - sounds a bit like observer bias to me.... not saying it's not possible for some people to know or be very good at guessing/picking up on vibes a lot of the time, because I'm sure there must be some clues in microexpressions, body language and how someone acts towards you... just that you can't assume that everyone can tell this and you can't be right about it 100% of the time.