FAT CLOTHS- do I get rid of them?

Options
13»

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Totally get rid of them. I remember talking with my favorite aunt, and (thought off the topic a little) she says stretchy clothes ruined her. haha She used to be a size 2 mini skirt, tight jeans wearing girl...and then stretchy pants came into style...and thats when she said she gained all the weight...because when you pull up those size 2 jeans...and they don't button...you know to stop eating burgers and jump on the treadmill...but the stretchy clothes just give room...and more room. haha

I feel the same way about old clothes! You'll be more motivated to stay on track if you don't have anything to fall back on...I wouldn't even keep and fix some, just toss them out and go get new! lol Think of it as a reward for good behavior. lol
  • turbojanem
    Options
    o
  • turbojanem
    Options
    keep one pant and top from your largest size, you WILL enjoy putting them back on and seeing the difference. this week i put on my pants from Feb 1st....WOW...i had no clue. and they were by no means baggy when i was wearing them. it is an awesome reality check. and i would save a pair from a few sizes, even close to your goal. why? if you put them on while you are maintaining it will be a reality check of what even 10 or 20 pounds will look like if you allow your lifestyle change to go back to the old you.

talk to yourself like you would a small child that is learning to walk. you wouldn't yell at them for falling down. why do we allow ourselves to beat up on our own minds??? be kind to everyone. especially yourself.

where to donate: if you work outside the home i suggest you find a back to work training program for ladies that are in need of a job and are being educated. they NEED work items, even causal. for your more casual clothing, look for a battered ladies shelter. some of those ladies flee their homes with only the items on their backs. they need help too. OR...if you have a friend that is losing too, she would love to have a few items to get her to the next size. giving back to others makes the losing that much better!