Milk, Almond milk, or Coconut milk? What do you prefer?

Options
1235»

Replies

• jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    i just found a silk almond milk light.. 40 calories and delicious
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I just discovered true silk coconut milk and let me tell you!! YUM!! I have a cup of it with a cup of vector cereal and I'm in love!
    I don't like the taste of almond milk so All I can say is true silk coconut milk is my go to milk!
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Cow's milk tops all of them for me, but…..I haven't had it in a long time. I discovered unsweetened coconut milk, but there's 4.5 sat fat in a serving. Not sure….is that a good sat fat? LOL:) It worried me, so I tried Almond milk. It made me gag:/ I have unsweetened almond milk which I put a little in my cocoa; haven't tried it in my oatmeal, yet.
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Almond milk for most things but Almond-coconut blend in cereal.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Whole Cow's Milk - 3.5% fat (Homogenized Milk)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    I use vanilla soy milk.

Why didn't soy make the list? Boo...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried soy or coconut. I can't stand almond milk in cereal, but I like the taste otherwise and I don't mind in smoothies etc (not that I have a lot of those). Typically I still like cow milk better.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk of any sort just straight much, but when I do use it, I mostly use dairy milk--largely for cooking or protein shakes or to add to some oatmeal. I also used to have a bit with some fruit before a morning run, and dairy is my only option for that, since I don't like the others plain and in that case I do want a few more calories than you get from almond milk anyway.

I used to use almond milk in smoothies and I like that it stays good for a long time, I just don't really have any use for it at the moment. That dairy has lots of protein is a major positive for me.

Never tried coconut milk and don't much care for soy milk.

Also, I've yet to bother making my own almond milk although I'd like to try it some day and I have a decent local source of milk, so my "go for the natural" prejudices, such as they are (they exist, but I try to be self-mocking about it), tend to push me toward dairy.