Do you take on a different personality when on the net?

Options
I feel free to say way more in online forums than I do in public. I am far more shy in person than online, and much more friendly.

Are you more outgoing when online, almost to the point of being the polar opposite of yourself in public?

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    No, I'm exactly the same way.
    Actually, more annoying if you get to hear me. I can talk for hours.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Not really, i'm pretty opinionated and foul tempered in person too. Actually I'm probably more restrained online.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    not really I am pretty much the same online as I am off
  • Building_Bulk
    Building_Bulk Posts: 20,596 Member
    Options
    Nope. Same in person. Two lazy to try and be two people.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Not really, I'm pretty much just as sarcastic in real life...I think the difference being that sarcasm is better understood in person when you can hear tone and see facial expressions, etc. Online, people just get butt hurt with a little sarcasm...but I don't care really, that's their problem.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm the same no matter the setting. For better or worse.
  • HuggyBeahr
    HuggyBeahr Posts: 259
    Options
    Not really, I'm pretty much just as sarcastic in real life...I think the difference being that sarcasm is better understood in person when you can hear tone and see facial expressions, etc. Online, people just get butt hurt with a little sarcasm...but I don't care really, that's their problem.
    I agree with this, except im not very sarcastic in preson. I mean I wish I could be, then I'd have zero friends.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    nope...I am what I am....you either like me or you don't
  • 3P0X
    3P0X Posts: 302
    Options
    More sarcastic IRL
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I am pretty shy in RL and much more cautious about what I say. I am still reserved online just not as much. I am much chattier online!
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I'm more myself online because I can hide behind a computer screen.

I'm shy in person, but my real personality once you get to know me is similar to the one I have on here.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I'm more myself online because I can hide behind a computer screen.

I'm shy in person, but my real personality once you get to know me is similar to the one I have on here.
    So you're saying all those stories about hooters are true? Oh girl...
  • JennypegMarie
    JennypegMarie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    No, I believe in being yourself no matter what.

Being false only intensifies low self worth to me because your living a lie.

It depends on your personality and self esteem though, some people feel more stronger behind their screens. And if that works for them, then fine.
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Depends on the website.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Nope, I am just as sarcastic as I always am.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    In real life, I can't respond to people with gifs.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    A little bit. On the internet, I'm very passive and nice. In person, I'm outgoing and brash. I'm more comfortable with face to face confrontation than online or over the phone. Not sure why, though.
  • HuggyBeahr
    HuggyBeahr Posts: 259
    Options
    No, I believe in being yourself no matter what.

Being false only intensifies low self worth to me because your living a lie.

It depends on your personality and self esteem though, some people feel more stronger behind their screens. And if that works for them, then fine.

I wouldn't agree. you can be who you really are, or have "no filter" on the internet without much repercussion and avoid burning bridges of trade. I'm in a position in which I strategically have to maintain certain company, and their acquaintance is advantageous to me. My self worth is through the roof, otherwise I wouldn't be able to so.
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Nope...I'm this weird in RL. haha