RANT OVER UNHEALTHY PEOPLE JUDGING YOU

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else get FURIOUS at people who judge you for eating healthy??? And watching what you eat??

I don't talk much about health and fitness to people, I just do my own lunches and people do see me working out and such. What I don't like is the perception some people have that taking my 15 minutes breaks and half much lunch to get in walks and a workout equates to not having work to do or having a "cushy job". The one that got me was when one of my executives said, "Man, that must be nice." I simply said, "It is nice. What is a bummer is I see a lot of people with the same opportunity that make excuses about not having time when it is just bad time management." The conversation ended there.

But I have people checking themselves and mentioning how bad whatever they are eating is when I enter a room, or how they need to get out more and do stuff. And again, I don't preach at anyone about health and fitness.

The truth is, ANY response people give, whether the kind I get or the judging mentioned above (unless warranted) is envy and jealousy. They want it but don't wanna work for it or make sacrifices.

Basically, they want to have their cake and eat it too...but not count that calories.

• jarablue
    jarablue Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love eating like a pig but exercise and be healthy. Why not be both?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    bwogilvie wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    OP's post is from over two years ago, she probably doesn't need advice or props.

How do people pull up these threads?

Probably the search feature. On a lot of forums you're encouraged to search for previous discussions and, if they exist, contribute to them rather than start a new one.

I actually prefer that way of running a forum, but the topics people pull up seem bizarre and they seem to comment without noticing that it's old, which is why I wonder about it.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    DamePiglet wrote: »
    How I keep people who annoy me at bay IRL...

They make one comment, I ramble on to them for no less than 8 minutes for every minute they speak. Even when I actually have nothing to add, I'll just go ahead and ramble on about some marginally related topic.

When they try to walk away, I follow, talk talk talking all the way. The only place they can hide is the men's room.

But I wait outside the door. Oh so patiently. I wait.

So there you have it, OP. One method for keeping those folks at bay.

Or you can just do that "flipping the middle finger" thing; it's probably faster.

(I'm lying. I don't really do it, but I'll bet it works)

This was my giggle for the day!
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    spirit095 wrote: »
    Luckily, I haven't had this happen to me. The only annoying this I get is my parents being worried that I'm doing too much and that I'll get injured. That's expected too, so I just keep doing what I'm doing lol

That's normal for parents they will worry about you till the day they're gone, doesn't matter your age. Just know that they love you.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    Holy necro'd thread, Batman.

2 years is nothing. I saw one in Chit Chat that was 6.5 years necro'd.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I think we've all been there at some point. Robert Downey Jr. said it best: "Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the f**k you were gonna do anyway."

Of course hecwas a drug addict so maybe not the best example # although he does appear to have gotten clean.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Dave Ramsey says why would you listen to the advice of broke people about your plan to get out of debt. Same thing applies.
  • VitaSh
    VitaSh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'd say, So you think lifting weights (or running or whatever) is dangerous? No being weak and overweight is dangerous.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    oxBeexo wrote: »
    Can I just say massive props to you for running 10 miles. I can do 5 before I'm ready to keel over. And they are 5 very slow miles that get slower with each passing mile.
    Just keep working at it! Im only at 4.75 slow miles myself but it's more than the no miles i used to do.

• CooCooPuff
    Options
    VitaSh wrote: »
    I'd say, So you think lifting weights (or running or whatever) is dangerous? No being weak and overweight is dangerous.
    Its funny. I run three or four times a week and have a big ugly scab on my knee right now. Did it come from running? No.

It came from walking to my car at Wal Mart. I'm sure exercise kept the fall from being potentially worse.

• sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    What I can't stand is when someone comments on my weight loss, says they want to loss weight, so I tell them what I did to loss weight, and then they start talking about some other technique they heard helps you to lose weight.

Especially when this conversation has happened with the same person several times.

Seriously?

Either take my advice, or shut up about weight loss.

And yeah, I used to not talk to anyone about what I am doing, but recently everyone has been commenting on my weight loss. I can't hide that I am being healthier anymore!

This happens to me all the time!!!
  • sashayoung72
    Options
    I have been obese most of my adult life with several ups and downs, my dad and mother in law are asking when I'm going to stop losing weight, that i have lost enough. I"M STILL OBESE by bmi. I'm SMALLER than i've been in 20 years but I find it absolutely hilarious they think I need to stop. In their defense, THEY HAVE NEVER SEEN ME SMALL, so I suppose it's weird for them. I do get a bit "for the love of gawd please shut up" but the nodding and going on is probably easier.
  • sashayoung72
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Its funny. I run three or four times a week and have a big ugly scab on my knee right now. Did it come from running? No.

It came from walking to my car at Wal Mart. I'm sure exercise kept the fall from being potentially worse.

I just read that as CAT (probably the cat in the pic) and thought that was a big mistake walking a CAT, trip you ever time.....
  • CooCooPuff
    Options

I just read that as CAT (probably the cat in the pic) and thought that was a big mistake walking a CAT, trip you ever time.....
    https://youtu.be/oYTUfM1vEjs

I'm a big believer that like dogs, cats should be leashed or somehow penned if you want them outside to be honest. I see a lot of run over or decrepit cats around here.
  • sashayoung72
    Options

https://youtu.be/oYTUfM1vEjs

I'm a big believer that like dogs, cats should be leashed or somehow penned if you want them outside to be honest. I see a lot of run over or decrepit cats around here.

Such a beautiful cat! the cat I had stayed inside (he was a rescue and terrified of outside, i tried to coax him out and he'd FREAK)

P.S. OP sorry for slight derail of thread....