My poop is green

Options
Ian214
Ian214 Posts: 36 Member
I've stared eating lots of fruit, veggies and nuts, i haven't ate meat in about a week or any animals products for that matter.

Is there any vegetarians or Vegans on here? Is your poo green?

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Pretty cool considering tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day. And you poop what you eat.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Pretty cool considering tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day. And you poop what you eat.

:flowerforyou:
  • Ian214
    Options
    Lol, but it also doesn't have an odour
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Lol, but it also doesn't have an odour

:noway: You miss the smell? I've heard everything now!!! :wink:
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Blueberries,blackberries and spinach will do that.
  • Ian214
    Options
    Haha noo!
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I thought I was dying once, but then remembered all the beets I had eaten :blushing:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    th?id=HN.608002936368794794&pid=15.1
  • frainfam
    frainfam Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    LOLOLOLOLOL *dying* - that also happened when my boys were toddlers and had cupcakes with blue frosting. :D
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options

Iron supplements and some prescription medications, too.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    And you poop what you eat.

Quoted for truth.

I am vegetarian and I know exactly what you are talking about. I am going to go out on a limb and say you ate a lot of green foods lately. That would explain the color change in your stool. If you eat a lot of carrots you will get orange tint just as if you eat a lot of tomatoes based foods you get reddish tones. If your stool color isn't in sync with your diet, greenish poop and did not eat a surplus of greens, then you may want to get it checked out it could be a sign of you being sick.
  • JNettie73
    Options
    I thought I was dying once, but then remembered all the beets I had eaten :blushing:

LOL that happened to me too!
  • JNettie73
    Options

Iron supplements and some prescription medications, too.

This is true too.
  • jodi41086
    jodi41086 Posts: 240
    Options
    bwahahaha Love reading through these blogs
  • jodi41086
    jodi41086 Posts: 240
    Options
    Rainbow ice cream from the Chinese buffet turned my poop blueish.... it was so amazing I had to show the hubby... he was impressed lol
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Rainbow ice cream from the Chinese buffet turned my poop blueish.... it was so amazing I had to show the hubby... he was impressed lol

I was just getting grossed out by this thread but...the blue poop thing is actually kind of cool!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    LOLOLOLOLOL *dying* - that also happened when my boys were toddlers and had cupcakes with blue frosting. :D

Same with my kids eating Swiss cake rolls. The icing would cause it.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I've stared eating lots of fruit, veggies and nuts, i haven't ate meat in about a week or any animals products for that matter.

Is there any vegetarians or Vegans on here? Is your poo green?

That's normal if you are eating a lot of green veggies because they contain large amounts of green pigment chlorophyll.

The color of your stool is a reflection of what you eat.

Bile can also cause green poop. As bile pigments travel through your gastrointestinal tract, they are chemically altered by enzymes, changing the pigments from green to brown. However, if food is moving through your large intestine too quickly, the bile doesn't have time to completely break down. Hence green stool rather than brown.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Interesting. Maybe it's because this has been my diet for so long but I'm not experiencing this phenomen.