Starting P90X 9-26-10!

Options
Okay guys, I've failed at completing P90X once before. I have to do it this time! I will be finished Christmas Eve! The only time I can really fit it in my schedule is early in the morning. So I'll get up extra early. I'm doing the LEAN schedule since I'm trying to shed my fat. Then if I can keep going, I'll do another schedule that's more for building muscle/toning. If any of you are going to start or have recently, I'd love to have you as a "friend" on here so we can support one another! THANKS! :)

Replies

• TeshiaKL
    Options
    Im going to start once i get all the equiptment for it, we were suposed to start wed, but have to wait for another paycheck to do it, so probably beginning october. good luck, i hear its really hard. i hope i can stick with it once i get going.
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I started last week for the first time. My husband has been wanting to do this for a long time and finally he just ordered it. I wasn't too excited about starting, I prefer to run or use my elliptical, however he asked me just to try it with him. Well after 1 week, I'm hooked!! We are currently doing the Classic version, I'll see how that goes for now. Importantly I've been following the diet VERY carefully and I think for me it's making all the difference. I haven't stepped on the scale yet to see how week 1 is, I've been weighing myself on Wednesdays, so I figure I'll just keep it there. I'm looking for some friends to kind of help get through this. I've tried posting on the beach body boards, but I'm not sure if I've found the right group of people yet. I'd love to join with you and we can all get through this together. I will be ending around the same time you are, my husband and I are taking a 5 day trip to disney world in November, and I figured we'll just start that week over again after, which will have us ending Christmas eve as well! Good luck with week 1.... week 2 here I come!!!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hey Tonya I am starting P90X today Sept 27/10 for the second time.

I will add you as a friend and we can support one another.

rappla88 how did your first week go? How are you feeling so far?

Karen
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Started today. Friend request sent!
  • Rappla88
    Options
    Karen - I'm feeling GREAT!! Week 1 was tough but I made I got through it and I feel amazing!!! I think the most sore that I've been the whole week was actually yesterday (my rest day). I did the stretching and it seemed to help... and today I feel great and ready for a great week 2! I have some scheduling challenges this week but I'm ready for them! I spent my day yesterday cooking and preparing food for the week so I won't have as hard a time eating. It's a lot of food to eat!! I think for me the diet really is key for success here!! Last week I had a day where I didn't eat as much... and I tottally flamed out after my work out. I couldn't even function... I had a protein smoothie and then I had dinner about an 1.5 later. I felt much better after that. Since then I'm really making sure I am eating all of the food I need to eat. Good luck with your first day!!
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    you are going to love it. Maybe I should start with you today with a little of Insanity in the mix.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    fitnewlife - The more the merrier!

We are here to support and encourage one another, however we can.

Karen
  • glamazon
    glamazon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I ordered this last week and will start as soon as I get it (I'm thinking it will arrive by Tues. or Wed.). Hubby and I are going to Mexico with our little dude in Dec. I know I won't be where I want to by then, but if I can be consistent I should be well on my way. I also plan to do the Lean plan for my first round. I have some baby weight (although the little guy is now 19 months old, so I don't think I can call it baby weight anymore ;-) ).I need to loose. I also really want to tone up. I'm excited to try P90X. I would love to be part of a P90X support system here. Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have your weights and bands purchased before you try to begin.
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    What is the difference between the Lean program and the Classic program? I'm interested in this but haven't bought it yet.
  • Ngolden1
    Ngolden1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oh oh!! I want to be friends too! I started TODAY. I did Chest and Back/Ab Ripper this morning. My back is already sore - it feels great. Prior to this, I was a runner, but injuries have forced me to scale back - which I've been depressed about. But I think p90x will be a great way to get fit - injury free I hope! The diet will be a hybrid of the actual diet menu provided and the portion method. I believe this will be the most challenging part - especially on weekends. How are all of you approaching this?
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I started on 9/6 and I'm doing Classic I love it. Kicks my *kitten* and already seeing results. Just have to get those damn pull ups down. Today is the beginning of my recovery week then I begin phase 2 (month 2) good luck and stick with it. Just keep pushing play regardless how you feel you will feel better when its over.
  • Rappla88
    Options
    Ngolden1 - Well weekends are probably going to be the most challenging... this past weekend I actually stayed home the whole weekend and didn't bother going out or anything. I skipped out on my "girls" night out with my friends because I wanted to be good. THAT being said.... I realize that I can't avoid everyone forever!!! Saturday night my husband and I made it special and we bought some really nice steak (filet) and grilled up some nice vegtables and I made a skim milk and light sour cream version of mashed potatos to make it a little special. And ok, so we had 2 glasses of wine as well.... but in the past the two glasses would have been 2 bottles and I was able to fit it all within my calories. The potatos were my carb for the day. I think the best approach is to try and plan for everything your doing and be accountable for it, even if it isn't great. This upcoming weekend I'm going to visit my parents, not only am I going to have to bring my videos with me, but I'm going to have to REALLY be accountable for what I'm eating. My parents tend to have VERY bad and unhealthy food at their house... it's going to be a very difficult weekend!! I'll keep you posted when it gets there how it worked out!! Hope that helps! Just finishing up my last hour of work and then it's home to do Chest and Back!!!!!
  • TonyaJ83
    Options
    WOOHOO!!

Look at all this support!! THANK YOU for all the friend requests!! With this kind of support, none of us have any excuses to fail!

I read that the lean has less weights in it, and more fat burning exercises. I read to do lean if it's your first time and your trying to shred fat. Then do classic to tone and build muscle.

What is insanity? I keep reading about that?
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!

Look at all this support!! THANK YOU for all the friend requests!! With this kind of support, none of us have any excuses to fail!

I read that the lean has less weights in it, and more fat burning exercises. I read to do lean if it's your first time and your trying to shred fat. Then do classic to tone and build muscle.

That's what I was just reading up on myself, after I posted my question. So, now my question lies in, what is the difference between p90x Lean and Insanity? Both seem to be aimed at weight loss rather than muscle building and both involve more cardio than p90x classic. Wondering what the difference is?
  • TonyaJ83
    Options
    I don't know anything about Insanity..........I'm all about Cardio, though. My favorite workout days are Cardio and Kenpo......So maybe I'd like it? I'll have to look into it and maybe do it after my 90 days!
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    WOOHOO!!

That's what I was just reading up on myself, after I posted my question. So, now my question lies in, what is the difference between p90x Lean and Insanity? Both seem to be aimed at weight loss rather than muscle building and both involve more cardio than p90x classic. Wondering what the difference is?

Insanity is exactly that insane. It's a lot of plyometrics (jump training), fast paced cardio, great workout program a little rough on the knees but all in all a good workout you will build up endurance with this program. It tells you that it's not for beginners though. Shaun T says this isn't your momma's workout. P90x and Insanity are great workouts. just have to find whats right for you. I don't understand the lean program because everyone that does it ends up doing the classic anyway. I am doing the classic version 3 days of strength and 2 days of cardio 1 day of stretch (i'm actually doing 5 days a week instead of 6 because Yoga isnt' for me)- just have to find what works best for you
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    I don't know anything about Insanity..........I'm all about Cardio, though. My favorite workout days are Cardio and Kenpo......So maybe I'd like it? I'll have to look into it and maybe do it after my 90 days!

do you like Plyo?? if you don't like P90x's Plyo then you won't like Insanity's cause its tougher for every 1 jump you do in P90x you do 5 in Insanity.

I came to P90x after I did insanity and when I got to the Plyo I was like "this is it" it was a walk in the park compared to Insanity.
  • Rappla88
    Options
    WOOHOO!!

NO EXCUSES!! I like that!!! As far as Insanity goes... I do know it's a lot of cardio. A couple of my husband's friends finished the x this summer and then did the insanity. One of them likes p90x better and the other insanity... i guess its all personal preference.... i'm trying to take it one day at a time and get through this first before I think about anything else!!!

Just finished chest and back... for the first time I attemped to do real pushups (last week I did them all on my knees.... WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! I'm completely wiped out, but I feel great! My husband and I have been having a recovery drink after (we didn't get the beach body one... we got one at GNC) and we've only been putting 1 scoop of the stuff in.... today was a 2 scoop day!! I'll be hurting tomorrow but it's all worth it!!
  • sharmonesq
    sharmonesq Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am on Day 1, Week 3. I too have attempted P90X and not gotten all the way through, but this time is going to be different. Its great to have so many fellow P90Xers on this site for support and info :) I've also tried a few Insanity workouts and it is HARD. While I love P90X, I have to agree with other posters, the Insanity is MUCH harder than the P90X cardio. I'm going to send out some friend requests too, (and anyone I miss feel free to add me if you would like) I could really use the support from other people doing this program.