Any lost 50lbs+ with NO LOOSE skin success stories?

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
Yikes! Yes, the thought of loose/sagging skin is scary as all get out to me and NO, I'm not going to allow the potential of sagging skin stop me from accomplishing my mission of losing 50+ pounds! That said...I'd never ever thought about and certainly never considered the dreaded loose skin when losing weight. I know I've been told here on Mfp by many many many MANY people saying not to lose weight quickly for a bunch of reasons...never hearing about loose skin until recently reading about it here on mFp. I've read where MANY people are experiencing loose skin--and I read a few people who have not. Also, because of reading these tales of sagging/loose skin...my dreams of losing the weight quickly with schemes and gimmicks/fads are now FOREVER gone outta my poor mind--it's slow and steady for me from now on!

I'd LOVE to hear any 50lb+ weight loss stories where you got little or no sagging and loose skin...especially if you are over the age of 40-50. Even if you're not older though, if you could tell us how much you lost, how long it took, how old you are and how much if any sagging or loose skin you have now that's the weight is gone...that'd be GREAT!

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Replies

• marlyme113
    Options
    I lost 93 pounds in 10 months at age 46 with no lose skin. I think sticking to a fairly steady calorie count (1500) and really working hard in the gym made all the difference. I was working out 10 - 12 hours a week and lifting heavy and everything just fell into place. However, when I tried to keep up my exercise intensity on 1200 calories I never lost another pound and wound up in the hospital with severe anemia. Slow and steady is the best!!!!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I'm at 85+ pounds and counting - skin is shrinking right along with everything else.
  • Nikkittty
    Options
    My brother lost 152 pounds in the past 2 years and he has no loose or sagging skin. He is now 184 pounds and his frame is a little large for his body but not noticeable unless he sucks in. He has absolutely no excess skin and the skin shrunk with everything else.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I lost 93 pounds in 10 months at age 46 with no lose skin. I think sticking to a fairly steady calorie count (1500) and really working hard in the gym made all the difference. I was working out 10 - 12 hours a week and lifting heavy and everything just fell into place. However, when I tried to keep up my exercise intensity on 1200 calories I never lost another pound and wound up in the hospital with severe anemia. Slow and steady is the best!!!!

Absolutely fabulous! Thank you so much for posting this! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    When I hit goal it will be 50lbs...I was pretty much fat for 20years...yo yo'd a lot...:sad:

It has taken me just over a year to get here eating at a sensible deficet and lifting heavy since sept and I Have no lose skin...
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I'm at 85+ pounds and counting - skin is shrinking right along with everything else.

That's super GOOD news! :drinker:
  • impromark
    impromark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Loose skin is a function of genetics and time, IMO. As we shrink down, some people will have a lot of skin snapping back, others won't. I've lost 80 pounds off my peak weight and it's only now that my lower abs are poking out that I'm noticing some sagging in the remaining skin off the middle. However, I'd been obese for at least a decade so my skin & stretch marks had plenty of time to get comfy. Some people here seem to be able to have little to no problem losing even more weight and not worrying about the excess skin. They may be younger though, and I think that's a factor.

OTOH there's my wife, who went through the pregnancy of our daughter and her belly snapped right back into place with nary a stretch mark to be found - and she was 33 at the time.

Mark
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Other than from child birth..none ;) - The first 30 pounds was straight cardio (light..Zumba & hip hop abs) then the remaining I strength train two days out of the five focusing on whole body and the other three cardio that requires far more endurance. I have had one natural child birth singleton and a C-section with twins...without surgery there is no fixing the kangaroo pocket LOL

My husband has lost 67 lbs to date and only lifts heavy - no cardio - no loose skin on him at this time
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    My brother lost 152 pounds in the past 2 years and he has no loose or sagging skin. He is now 184 pounds and his frame is a little large for his body but not noticeable unless he sucks in. He has absolutely no excess skin and the skin shrunk with everything else.

That's really wonderful news! Thanks for your reply :flowerforyou:
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 50lbs on a 5'3 frame and had two babies too, plus a c-section. The babies stretched me out a bit and I have a bit of a pooch from that despite being otherwise very toned, but the weightloss has not left me with lots of loose skin, no. And I actually think my tummy will tone back up, the skin went through a lot my second pregnancy but had no new stretch marks so I think once my body finishes healing up (my son is 5 months old, by 1 year with my daughter my belly was mostly back to normal) I will be okay.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    When I hit goal it will be 50lbs...I was pretty much fat for 20years...yo yo'd a lot...:sad:

It has taken me just over a year to get here eating at a sensible deficet and lifting heavy since sept and I Have no lose skin...

I'm DEFINITELY going to take my time (even though things are going slow getting off anyways) I'm no longer mentally going to be wishing and hoping for this weight to get off of me fast. You've done marvelously and high fives to you! :drinker:
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    a lot of fortunate people here. i'm jealous. like super jealous.
  • BootCampCrazy
    BootCampCrazy Posts: 53 Member
    Options

155lb loss and you're jealous, nah, you're amazing ;) Good for you!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

By the Grace of God...I've never been a jealous person--I'm always happy for people that are doing well or better than me and honey--to lose 155 pounds...that is nothing less than tremendously awesome and you rock, period. WOOT--if I could lose 55 pounds, I'd be SUPER GLAD. You're a shero!
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    thanks....i'd just rather not have to cover up more now than i ever did when i was fat. bathing suits are a thing of the past, i can never wear short sleeves again....and i can pretty well forget ever gettin' hitched, cuz there's no way i'm ever letting anyone see this nightmare, so unless a giant wad of cash falls in my lap so i can pay to have it fixed, i guess that's that. lol.
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    I think the loose skin might depend on how overweight you are and how long you have been that over weight.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    thanks....i'd just rather not have to cover up more now than i ever did when i was fat. bathing suits are a thing of the past, i can never wear short sleeves again....and i can pretty well forget ever gettin' hitched, cuz there's no way i'm ever letting anyone see this nightmare, so unless a giant wad of cash falls in my lap so i can pay to have it fixed, i guess that's that. lol.

{{{{{{{{{ :heart: Hugs :heart: }}}}}}}}}}}} Ya know, I'd NEVER heard of loose skin (or looked at threads that talked about it) until last week...it REALLY scared me, because I'm the type that loves the idea of "gimmicks, schemes, fads & get it off fast" way of thinking ever since I started (even though I haven't been successful of dropping lots of weight quickly)...I always really wanted to, until reading about loose/sagging skin. Now...when I'm tempted to try something I've heard of (I was thinking about the "don't eat after 6:00p.m. thing just today) or when I get discouraged at not losing quickly (like I didn't lose anything last week), I'm thinking about loose skin and it helps me not to be disappointed anymore.

Listen beloved, I can not say I understand how you feel or what you're going thru, because I can't...but I can say that you will be in my thoughts and prayers from this day forth and I'm believing that you are not only going to get the monies you need to fix this--but that also a handsome man of super good character, filled with wisdom and righteous, and fun/good sense of humor and who loves life--the man of your dreams is going to find you, love you not for how you look--but for who you are and who knows--maybe he'll be richer than blue valley butter and able to pay for your surgery too. Before you say "fat chance" at that ever happening, I've seen with my own eyes such miracles and blessings such as this and greater all my life. It's going to happen for you--I just know it! Dare to believe it with me...if you dare and I actually double dog dare you to believe this with me for yourself
    {{{{ :flowerforyou: Hugs again :flowerforyou: }}}}
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I have a little bit of lose skin, especially in the upper arms, hoping the lose skin will eventually go away. :ohwell:

ETA: A little over 2 years to lose the weight, still have a few pounds to my goal weight.
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    100+ pounds lost in 15 months - no sagging at all
    100poundslost01252014_zpseaa2ffc9.jpg
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'm a male, early 30s.

Fat most of my life except for a few years during my early 20s.

Started at around 320. Currently in the upper 100s.

Lost the first 40 or so pounds in about six months, maintained for a year and a half, then started again last June. Since last June I've lost close to a 100 lbs, so pretty fast.

I still have about 30 or so pounds before I reach my low goal range.

Not much in the way of loose skin. BUT it's important to note that I have gone through a few periods during the last 9 months when my body APPEARED to have "loose skin". The pictures you generally see of loose skin are often people who don't know what skin actually looks like, and are mistaken sagging skin filled with fat for 100% skin. For example my inner thighs had that classic "loose skin" look; baggy, wrinkled, and sagging. But guess what? The more fat I cut, the more the skin has just rebounded. When the fat became less compacted it started to give that saggy appearance, but as the fat kept being diminished, the skin just retracts. If I had just, like many people, said "well I've lost 130lbs and I'm at a decent weight range, this stuff must be loose skin". No. NEVER underestimate just how much fat the human body can carry, regardless of your scale weight. It is so common for people to not realize how much fat the body can still keep around even when your weight is in a "normal" range.

I don't think you should be even thinking about loose skin until you have hit a very low body fat level. Yes there is such a thing as excess skin, but excess skin on a truly lean person looks almost nothing like the many pictures you see of people who get tummy tucks and body lifts. Almost all of those people generally lost a lot of fat, but stopped before they cut enough to truly find out how much of their "loose skin" was actually just fat that still could be lost.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!