What is your weigh in day (pics, measurements, scale, etc)?

Options
I do all of mine on Wednesday, anyone else out there stick to a specific weigh in / measurement day?

Replies

• Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I weigh every Saturday morning.
    I measure on the first Saturday of the month.
    I take pictures on the first Saturday of every other month.
  • mlatreceb81
    Options
    I just started, but I plan to do my every two weeks (Sunday).
  • gemma1675
    gemma1675 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Monday. Keeps me on the straight and narrow over the weekend!
  • monkeywizard
    monkeywizard Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. Wake up, pee, weigh.

I don't get too discouraged with gains so I can handle the ups and downs of weighing daily, as long as I see the overall progress.
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Saturday morning.
    I don't measure...I go by the way my clothes fit.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I'm on a medically supervised diet so I officially get weighed in Tuesday evenings every week. same scale every time.
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in every Wednesday morning, my scale measures pounds, body fat, body water and muscle, I write down all the #'s every week so I can see the changes. I have never measured and I just take pictures randomly.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. Take pics on the 16th of the month :-)
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in every Wednesday morning, my scale measures pounds, body fat, body water and muscle, I write down all the #'s every week so I can see the changes. I have never measured and I just take pictures randomly.
    what kind of scale is that?
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options

Ditto.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Friday morning.

I take measurements each time I go down a size in my clothes.

I take pictures whenever my BF asks for them.
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    weigh in every Saturday morning. I havent been measuring just going by how my clothes fit over time.
  • ironrat79
    ironrat79 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every couple days, but I can normally tell by pics or clothing if I'm on the right track. Muscle is kind of deceiving anyways without calipers or taping.
  • rrlwelter
    rrlwelter Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, that same ol' wake up, pee, weigh.

But then I log it in a spreadsheet and FORGET ABOUT IT until Sunday, when all my weights for the week are averaged into one. That way the ups and downs of a given week don't set me off if my day to weigh is the high point. If my trend from week to week is up, I need to change things. If it's down, I keep it the same.

Pics - don't do them at all unless DH catches me off-guard. I've always hated pics. And for measurements, I go by clothing fit. I know what fit when things were good, and when they got too tight, that was time to get serious again.
  • trippymace
    Options
    Up until recently, I used to weigh every day after using the bathroom. But I've noticed I've been becoming a little obsessed with what the scale says, so I'm weighing myself twice a week currently (wednesdays and sundays).

I measure every two weeks, on a saturday.

Concerning pictures, I'm currently in a dietbet for six months, which means weekly pictures for me. Usually, I take a picture every four weeks, though.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I just started, but I plan to do my every two weeks (Sunday).

Every two weeks is the best way to go, I think.

I weigh in and measure on the 1st and 15th of every month, and I take pics on the 1st. Or I try to, anyway.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Ditto.

Monday because I've had 2 rest days normally...

Pics when I remember, measurments on specifics weeks in.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Weigh and Measure on Saturdays
    Pictures on the 11th or around the 11th
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily. I'm maintaining so I haven't taken pics in awhile. I take measurements anytime I feel like my pants are getting a little lose (I've lost about 1.5 inches around my waist in the past 10 months without losing actual scale weight).
  • KristaPerseveres
    KristaPerseveres Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily each morning when I get up before showering, but only record on Wednesday. I actually use another app to record my daily weights, but figure my MFP peeps don't want to see me recording my weight each day.

I measure and take pics on the 10th of each month, the day I started my new journey. And I'm looking forward to sharing all of those when my journey changes from losing to maintenance this fall. :-)