Looking for a buddy to start a cabbage soupe diet

Options
Hey guys,
I would like to start this one week diet , and i would like to do it at the same time as someone else if someone wants to join, so we could motivate each other :)
It is a healthy diet, that helps you lose weight but it is also a detox diet, it quite restrictive but you can still eat as much as you want, here is the plan :

Day 1: Unlimited cabbage soup and fruit (excluding bananas). Water and sugar-free fruit juice to drink.

Day 2: Cabbage soup and additional vegetables. One jacket potato with butter for dinner. No fruit at all.

Day 3: Unlimited cabbage soup plus any fruit and vegetables you choose (excluding potatoes or bananas).

Day 4: Unlimited cabbage soup and skimmed milk. Plus up to eight bananas.

Day 5: Unlimited cabbage soup and 565g of beef and 6 tomatoes. Drink 6-8 glasses of water today to flush extra uric acid from your body.

Day 6: Unlimited cabbage soup and limitless beef and vegetables (excluding potatoes).

Day 7: Unlimited cabbage soup with a little brown rice, vegetables and sugar-free fruit juice.

Let me now,
Fae

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    you realize you can eat a variety of food, stay in a calorie deficit, and lose weight, right?

This is really just a fad diet..and ask yourself this, what are you going to do when you start eating solid food again?

Are you really going to eat cabbage soup for the rest of your life?

If you make the right changes now, you can have long term sustainable weight loss ....
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    you realize you can eat a variety of food, stay in a calorie deficit, and lose weight, right?

This is really just a fad diet..and ask yourself this, what are you going to do when you start eating solid food again?

If you make the right changes now, you can have long term sustainable weight loss ....

This.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    TROLL ! ! !
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    ...But Charlie Bucket never got what he wanted because the family couldn’t afford it, and as the cold weather went on and on, he became ravenously and desperately hungry.

Both bars of chocolate, the birthday one and the one Grandpa Joe had bought, had long since been nibbled away, and all he got now were those thin, cabbagy meals three times a day.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    my SIL and I just did this diet last week. this was my 4th or 5th time doing it. it's not a pleasant or desirable "diet" by any stretch of the imagination.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You've been here 3 years, this is your second post and you want to do a cabbage diet with someone for a week?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Today I'm eating cabbage soup because I made a pot special for St. Pat's.
    Tomorrow I'll probably eat cabbage soup again because I accidentally made WAY too much.
    Maybe the day after too, if I can't manage to give any away.

Not sure if I'll eat any more after that for a while though :P
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Should be called the break the bowl diet. Cabbage always gives me the runs.
  • blindedbyawesome
    blindedbyawesome Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Just eat food. Log your calories, hit your macros, get some exercise.

"Detoxing" is unnecessary. This type of super-restrictive "diet" is unnecessary and miserable.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    ...But Charlie Bucket never got what he wanted because the family couldn’t afford it, and as the cold weather went on and on, he became ravenously and desperately hungry.

Both bars of chocolate, the birthday one and the one Grandpa Joe had bought, had long since been nibbled away, and all he got now were those thin, cabbagy meals three times a day.

:heart:
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options

This.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options

:heart:
    :heart: :heart:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    You've been here 3 years, this is your second post and you want to do a cabbage diet with someone for a week?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was thinking the same thing. Also, you're not supposed to post the same subject more than once. Is day 5 the only day you can drink water?! :noway: I hope this is just a St. Patty's Day joke, because cabbage. Please just eat a normal diet with a variety of foods. Otherwise, please invest in candles and room spray.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this crappy "diet" is still around. Obviously there is no miracle here.....because the diet has been around for decades. Wouldn't we all be thin by now?

I'm on the "eat less - move more plan" ......I (measure) and log my food, I schedule (and do) some exercise. No food is off limits, but measuring and logging tells me which foods are "sometimes" foods as opposed to "whenever I want" foods. The BEST part of this "diet" ......it's a lifestyle change....something I can use to keep weight from coming back.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Wtf is sugar-free fruit juice?
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    my SIL and I just did this diet last week. this was my 4th or 5th time doing it. it's not a pleasant or desirable "diet" by any stretch of the imagination.

confused.jpg
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    Options
    provided you are not trolling: this diet has been around at least since the mid 1980s, and i've known a lot of people who tried it [including myself!], and.........it doesn't work.

it has never worked for ANY person i know who has ever tried it.

all it does is make you frustrated and angry because basically all you get is fruit and cabbage soup [also diarrhea!].

take the advice of those here saying to eat a variety of foods in a caloric deficit. you will be much happier, you will not have to eat sh*tty cabbage soup day after day after day, and best of all, you will lose weight.
  • minibandit
    Options
    Your breath and farts will strip wallpaper - now is a good time to go into interior decorating.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Then why have you done it 5 times?