Looking for a buddy to start a cabbage soupe diet

Options

Replies

• littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Fad diets wont work but the soup recipe in this diet or any cabbage soup is actually very tasty and I make that sometimes.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    oh God ... I remember doing that YEARS ago. A group of us did that diet at work. It makes me want to run to the bathroom just reading about it. Take my word for it ... DON'T DO IT!!! You will not lose any weight and even if you like cabbage you won't be able to eat it again for about 6 years !! Believe me, don't do it. I can't stand to eat a banana ever again and I used to like them. Your entire family AND the dog will hate you. .... No really, even if you do manage to lose a couple pounds doing it, it's not real weight loss. DON'T DO IT!! It'll be one of the most miserable weeks of your life.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    If you decide to do this, you may want to warn your family and friends not to take it personally when you rip their heads of and chit down their necks because you are so cranky and hangry from doing this....Because you're going to get hangry.

Hey, but if the "diet" itself doesn't make you cranky? The weight that you gain right back after you start eating like a regular person again probably will.

Good luck with that, tho.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    ...But Charlie Bucket never got what he wanted because the family couldn’t afford it, and as the cold weather went on and on, he became ravenously and desperately hungry.

Both bars of chocolate, the birthday one and the one Grandpa Joe had bought, had long since been nibbled away, and all he got now were those thin, cabbagy meals three times a day.

:heart:
    :heart: :heart:
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Fad diets wont work but the soup recipe in this diet or any cabbage soup is actually very tasty and I make that sometimes.

Agreed. Cabbage soup occasionally = good. Cabbage soup every meal for several days? Nopenopenope.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I prefer my cabbage with corned beef. :love:
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    [
    To the OP, thanks for posting this. Its been worth it just reading the replies. :laugh:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lya8vjypsK1r2rz91.gif
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    you realize you can eat a variety of food, stay in a calorie deficit, and lose weight, right?

This is really just a fad diet..and ask yourself this, what are you going to do when you start eating solid food again?

Are you really going to eat cabbage soup for the rest of your life?

If you make the right changes now, you can have long term sustainable weight loss ....

^^^^ EXACTLY Fad diet, stay away!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Strong second post in three years.

<--- runs off to see what the first post was...
  • BadKittie05
    BadKittie05 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    TROLL ! ! !

Don't feed it!...unless it's cabbage soup :laugh:
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Wtf is sugar-free fruit juice?

You beat me to it. Real fruit juice is in essence just sugar. LOL. Sugar-free fruit juice would be 0% actual fruit.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin_Vomit_by_inspiredcreativity.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    my SIL and I just did this diet last week. this was my 4th or 5th time doing it. it's not a pleasant or desirable "diet" by any stretch of the imagination.

How did this work for you the first three or four times you did it before last week?
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It's not even a new fad diet. My grandmother did the cabbage soup diet in 1946. She never kept the weight off.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Strong second post in three years.

<--- runs off to see what the first post was...

Oh.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1227929-looking-for-a-buddy-to-start-a-cabbage-soupe-diet

*sigh*

:indifferent:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    TROLL ! ! !

Don't feed it!...unless it's cabbage soup :laugh:

Plenty of people do this "diet" all the time. I suppose it *could* be trolling because St Patrick's Day, but it's just as likely not, imo.

Hell, every 3 or 4 months the "fat flush soup" thread from 3 years ago gets bumped to the top of My Topics. :grumble:
  • ReinaH1216
    ReinaH1216 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I prefer my cabbage with corned beef. :love:

had that for lunch today actually, ive never seen so many people stare at a plate
  • drosebud
    drosebud Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    To the OP, thanks for posting this. Its been worth it just reading the replies. :laugh:

Definitely. Made me laugh :-)