Starting the 30 Day Shred today!!

Options

Replies

• sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I plan to start today. Count me in! I'm excited! :)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    im up for it,if a little worryed by what i've heard about it lol
    what do you all log it as on your exercise log

Log it as Circuit Training or make a new exercise using circuit training numbers. If you are able to get a HRM that's your best bet.. I'm still hoping to get a HRM soon. Good luck !
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Okay so I didn't get off my a@@ yesterday, because that is my normal rest day. But I awoke this morning at 5:27am and got busy before coming to work. I am going to do my darndest (prob not a word) to meet the 30DS challenge this time!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!
  • 1QueenB
    Options
    Day one completed level 1 dont think i will ever be able to master jumping jacks...

I totally understand this, it's not so much that I can't do a jumping jack or a jump rope for that matter, it's just that I am really top heavy even with 2 bras on and it kinda hurts, so I jog in place at a rate comparable to the jumping jacks and jump ropes. As long as I'm moving I think it should count for something.
  • Beadibo
    Beadibo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Day One Completed - thought I was going to throw up at one point! I am SO unfit. That was yesterday and I am suprised to find I don't ache that much this morning! Probably will when I do it again later though.....
  • bel74
    bel74 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    day 2 done and every muscle hurts:cry:
  • iwatts
    Options
    Day 2 completed thanks 1QueenB did the jogging instead of jumping jacks much less pain :happy:
  • 1QueenB
    Options
    So okay here's my dilemma - I have boot camp Tues, Wed, & Friday, which is just like the 30DS and I am not sure how I should work this schedule. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe I could try to do it in the morning before work, what you think? Hope everyone is having a great time shredding:drinker:
  • piratekittie
    Options
    I have what may seem like an od question, but am very interested in the 30 day shred. i was wondering how much room you need to do it. I have weights, but unfortunately i room and board, as opposed to renting a full apartment, so i realy only have ful use of a bed room... will that be enough space?
  • kslagle1980
    kslagle1980 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Walmart sells a watch that has a built in heart rate monitor and pedometer. I love mine! It is great to check heart rates while running/walking. I think mine cost about $30 and is made by Sportline- it eliminates the need for a chest strap which can be uncomfortable.
  • logansmama
    logansmama Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have what may seem like an od question, but am very interested in the 30 day shred. i was wondering how much room you need to do it. I have weights, but unfortunately i room and board, as opposed to renting a full apartment, so i realy only have ful use of a bed room... will that be enough space?

That should be plenty of room, you only need a limited amount of space. If you can do jumping jacks in your room, then you have enough space :)
  • iwatts
    Options
    Day three completed when does it get easier ?......
  • Beadibo
    Beadibo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Day 2 completed - ache more today. I'm already worried about moving up to level 2 after the 10 days - will I be able to get my feet off the floor in the cardio bits by then!?!?!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Okay so I didn't get off my a@@ yesterday, because that is my normal rest day. But I awoke this morning at 5:27am and got busy before coming to work. I am going to do my darndest (prob not a word) to meet the 30DS challenge this time!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!
    Good Job on getting it done early in th emorning like that!! Oh ANDdarndest is totally a word!! :wink:
  • Jena_72
    Options
    Day three completed when does it get easier ?......
    youwill feel it get a bit easier in a few more days hang in there! Besides what has easy ever really done for you right??
  • Jena_72
    Options
    Day 2 completed - ache more today. I'm already worried about moving up to level 2 after the 10 days - will I be able to get my feet off the floor in the cardio bits by then!?!?!
    I had started this 9-1-10 but haven't stuck to it like I wanted so I am starting over. I did get to level 2 and for the most part I did ok but I maybe wasn't quite ready to move on just yet. I felt like in level 2 I had to modify things a bit more and in turn I felt like Iwasn't getting a very good workout in. So I am going to start again here, and maybe give L1 another week before I move on again. Worry about it later for now just focus and hold in those cores.... it really does make it easier!!:bigsmile:
  • Jena_72
    Options
    So okay here's my dilemma - I have boot camp Tues, Wed, & Friday, which is just like the 30DS and I am not sure how I should work this schedule. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe I could try to do it in the morning before work, what you think? Hope everyone is having a great time shredding:drinker:
    Sure give it a try see if it works for you :)
  • Jena_72
    Options
    day 2 done and every muscle hurts:cry:
    I know it hurts but it is exactly what you are after!! Love the pain (it means it's working) :wink:
  • bel74
    bel74 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    day 3 done :happy:
    im thinking could i do the butt kicks instead of the jumping jacks cos the inside of my ankle really hurts and the butt kicks don't hurt so much for some reason.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    For those asking/thinking about what types of results people have been getting....
    Starting measurements

Neck 14in
    Bicep L 14.5 R 14
    Under Chest 37
    Waist 38.5
    Across the belly button 43.5
    Belly Pooch-area(just below belly button) 49
    Hips(measured just below pooch area) 46
    Thigh L 27.5 R 27.5
    Calf L 16 R 16

Current measurements:
    Neck 14in
    Bicep L 14 R 13.5
    Under Chest 36
    Waist 37
    Across the belly button 42
    Belly Pooch-area(just below belly button) 48
    Hips(measured just below pooch area) 45
    Thigh L 26.5 R 26.5
    Calf L 16 R 16

That's a 9inch difference!!!!! WOW!!! I

I don't have much of a scale change, I'm sitting at 204. I usually weigh in on Fridays, so we'll see if there's a change then.

Keep it up everyone!! It is possible!