What is the alternative to water

Options
13»

Replies

• CharleeCali
    CharleeCali Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I prefer most things I drink to be room temperature, even soda. We have the individual little tubes of Crystal Light free at work in our break room, so I add that to water at work. I drink plain water at home. I don't care for water at all, but I make myself drink it now. I still have my Diet Mt. Dew in the morning at work (I don't like coffee).
  • segacd
    segacd Posts: 5
    Options
    God reading this, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. No there is not a good alternative to water. That is like asking if there is a good alternative to oxygen. You probably hate the taste because you have a crazy sweet tooth, which all these sweetened water alternatives will only make worse. Especially if you are drinking 64+ oz of that stuff a day.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    BEER LOL JK

i use DASANI DROPS grape
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I generally just dump in a packet or two of whatever fake sugar I have nearby. At my age, my body's mostly held together with preservatives, artificial sweeteners and carcinogens anyhow.

I like you :happy:
  • SashleyA
    SashleyA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    How is water icky...it really doesn't have much 'taste'!! But the more you drink, the more your body will crave it. I very rarely drink anything else now.

Get a pitcher and add: Lemon, mint and water - keep in fridge. Great flavor and very refereshing.

Try the Dasani or Mio flavors for a while.

You get a lot of water through food, but you should still drink about 10 8oz glasses of water per day - more if you've exercised or had a high sodium day!

Water doesn't always have a taste, however, the water in my hometown always had a faint sulfuric flavor due to sulfur in the aquifer. The sulfur itself was always filtered out (I visited the water filtration plant, it's effective) but the taste just kind of infused. It took me until college to realize that water from the tap didn't taste weird. Even that tended to have just the slightest hint of chlorine because of combined overflow systems in the water source. I totally understand where this is coming from and imagine other towns have similar minerally infused flavors. Feeling the need to emphasize though- the water is safe even if it tastes weird.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Mayo Clinic, one of the premier medical facilities in the world says otherwise. They say everyone is different so there is no one rule fits all. In fact they say the rule should not say water because all fluids re-hydrate your body. They say the general guideline should actually say "eight, 8oz glasses of fluid a day".

Me personally, I drink a lot of water when I am working out, but the rest of the day it is diet pop, crystal light, and coffee with the occasional straight water. The key to knowing if you are hydrated is your urine. If it is pale yellow you are getting enough. If it is dark yellow you are getting dehydrated and if it is clear, you are drinking more than you need. I very seldom have dark urine. If I do it is because I am working at home and lose track of time. If anything, I have the opposite issue of it being clear and having to go to often.

I am not going to post a link since this is the second time this subject came up today.