Daily Dose of Bad *kitten* Motivation - with Tons of Pics

Options
dschassie
dschassie Posts: 192 Member
Although I am not quite where I’d like to be, I felt today was a good day to get someone motivated. So here it goes:

In the beginning of my journey, I did about 40 minutes of cardio (elliptical) 4-5 times a week. After losing the first 30 pounds I started the "Couch to 5K" program.

I successfully finished "Couch-to-5K" and ended it with a real 5K race. Within that same time frame I hit the 60 pound loss mark and I decided to switch up my gym routine. I added "light to moderate" weight lifting 5 times a week and on 3 of those days I also did cardio (jogging).

I was part of a 200 mile relay race in April 2013 and have since completed my first Half Marathon in June of 2013. Spring of 2014, I am signed up for a 15K Double Bridge Run, a 10K Trail Run and 2 Half Marathons. In the fall of 2014, I have another 200 mile relay race coming up and I'd like to run my first Full Marathon.

Here are some progression pictures, the ones on the right are all from the November/December 2013.

Slide8_zps01f2acd5.jpg

Slide7_zps6acf9bda.jpg

ef7b410a-8baa-4bc8-9561-847880d99f5c_zps4c0c7694.jpg

Face Comparison
bb11f21e-9285-4947-996a-458f49191f61_zpsa3420842.jpg

Arm Comparison
Slide4_zps6f615c5a.jpg

Being on MFP for so long, you learn a lot of things along the way, the most recent revelation has been "heavy lifting". So my gym routine has shifted once more, end of December 2013 I started going to the gym 6 days a week for about 45-60 minutes of heavy lifting and my cardio (jogging) is down to about once or twice a week. Of course I still plan to do all of my races :)

Another focus shift has been my body fat percentage. Of course I'd like the scale to keep moving down but more importantly, I am now working on dropping my body fat. This has also prompted me to change my diary settings. In the past I was more concerned about staying at my daily calorie goal, now I pay attention to my macros.
I just finished my first 12-week weightlifting program and am about to start it over, this time following the nutrition plan that comes with it. So hopefully I will be able to post new pictures in another 3 months.

Thank you MFP buddies for all of the support!

Replies

• mochicakes92
    mochicakes92 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome results, good job!!
  • jessicablythe
    jessicablythe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    you look absolutely fantastic, well done! this has motivated me because i can relate - my starting weight was also 236, and even though i just started a week and a half ago, i'm 224 now!
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    so motivating thanks, I needed that...:)
  • huzuri
    huzuri Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the motivation!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Nice work!! You look fabulous :)
  • jmp463
    jmp463 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You look great!

Really good story. I wish you the best.
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Amazing....great job!! You look fantastic!
  • Lynzigzagzay
    Lynzigzagzay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • tarz4brez
    tarz4brez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow that is great you look absolutely fantastic
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! Definitely a good inspiration :)
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Girly You ROCK look at that neck nothing like a nice thin neck. HIGH FIVE TO YOU!!!!!
  • carlisa1980
    carlisa1980 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    True motivation
  • Pusarah
    Pusarah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful...congrats and great job! Glad to know there is hope for my arms! lol
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    You look totally awesome!
  • waterlily72
    waterlily72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Truly inspiring
  • CarineCNM
    CarineCNM Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You really do look amazing and are a motivation for sure. Thank!
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success and hard work!!! Thank you for the inspiration!

(....also.....love the avatar)
  • k8w811
    k8w811 Posts: 14
    Options
    You look amazing, thank you for sharing your inspiring story!
  • scrapmum4
    scrapmum4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing. I am just starting out so it is great to see the results from everyone. Thanks for being an inspiration something I wish to be someday.
  • ktkdmommy
    ktkdmommy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    amazing! you look like a completely different person! way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!