T25 FOR REAL SUCCESS STORIES

Options
PixieQueen25
PixieQueen25 Posts: 118 Member
Hello All, If you all do not know by now; I have a lot of medical issues such as PCOS and Hypothyroidism, that hinders my Fitness Progression. That being said; here's what I have been doing.

1. I started Taibo Jan 2013. Got a little results but not much at all. (lost 5 pounds)

2.I then quickly ordered the Insanity Program; changed my diet. I lost a total of (9 pounds with Insanity)
I could not do push ups very well and that is half of the program so therefore; results are limited. I did 2 runs of INSANITY and still not much results. In fact I gained some weight back.

3. WINTER CAME too cold for anything. So I gained all of weight back...but still have a litttle toned and definition and oddly my inches are still smaller then when I started.

4. 2014 Tried doing INSANITY AGAIN it was uber hard. I would have kept with it but I wanted to give T25 a try. I had heard a lot of good things about it. My schedule is limited. One problem I had with INSANITY is that with all my problems I had to get up extra early to do INSANITY only got rejuvinated for a couple hours...I have a night job... so getting up extra early put more wear on my body; (which is not good with my medical issues) So....I ordered T25 for time constinuents. First workout today... and I felt all this energy tonight at work for over 9 hours of it. Which never happens... but....

I heard that the downside to T25 is that it burns a lot less calories then INSANITY. Most say one workout as hard as they can go is only about 300 calories MAX. On Insanity Month One alone I was burning 850 to 1000 calories per workout. And month 2 up to 1250 calories.

If T25 does not burn that many calories... I feel I might have wasted my money. I really need to see results or atleast hear others results with this because I do not want to lose "Focus" or lose inspiration. What has any one else's journey been like???

Replies

• rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I've completed Alpha and Beta of T25 and one week of Gamma so far, and I lost 14 pounds in the first two phases. I have gained a few pounds back, I believe due to water retention from the extra weights I've been lifting, so right now I'll say I've lost about ten pounds total.

I haven't done Insanity but plan on it… I guess the thing about the calories burned is, you can't really expect a 25 minute workout to burn the same amount of calories as one that's nearly an hour. So I think in that sense it's an unfair comparison. Going full-out on T25 I burned anywhere from 250-350 calories; lower on the weights days, higher on the cardio. For a 25 minute workout I think that's pretty decent, and I've felt myself get a lot stronger and gain lots of endurance even though I wish the weight loss had been a bit more dramatic.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think it's a really great program and loved doing it, but no, you won't be burning the same amount of calories as Insanity simply due to the length of the workout.
  • wendyreid5437
    wendyreid5437 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you liked T25. I am actually getting ready to start it. I have done Insanity a couple of times in the past and LOVED it. It is pretty crazy but the time goes by fast because you concentrate so hard on what you are doing. I just had a baby a couple months ago so I am gradually working my way back up the workout ladder. Have you done P90x? Another of my favorite workout plans.
  • wendyreid5437
    Options
    Have you tried using Shakeology along with the workout?
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    No, I may try P90X3 at some point, but I don't like Tony's style as much as I like Shaun's… but that's probably just because I'm used to it. And no on Shakeology.
  • ksamra100
    ksamra100 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi, I am in the Beta phase of T 25 and I occasionally supplement it with jogging or running but I have only lost 4 pounds so far. I have also changed my diet a lot and continuously trying to find ways to eat a balanced diet but I don't think T 25 is really helping me with the calories. How do you guys know how many calories are you burning during the workout? Are you wearing a wristband to get an accurate calorie burn count?

I did Insanity last yr and I think I only completed 1 month and I was already seeing noticeable results and getting compliments from other. Im patiently waiting for that to happen again with T 25 but no luck yet. Its disappointing at times especially since I have only lost 4 pounds since I started on this journey which was in January. But I don't want to leave the workout in between like I did with Insanity. So I will complete the Beta Phase for my mental satisfaction. I have ordered 21 day Fix which boosts about great results so hopefully I will have better results with that workout.

What is the best way to count all calories burned during the day, miles walked, steps, heart rate and that syncs with my fitness pal? There are so many options. Not sure what is the best. I am looking for a wristband that I can wear all day long which can track all the above and automatically sync with my fitness bal. I know Body Fit has a arm band but that one is too bulky to be worn all day long.

Thank you for your help
  • Kris1279
    Kris1279 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been doing T25 for the past 2 months. We are finishing up the last week of Beta cycle. Starting Gama next week, 4 weeks more to go. I have lost 11 pounds since day one. So about a pound a week. I also eat healthy and mix in walking/jogging and other misc. workout stuff. I think it works and it's a great 25 min. workout for sure. I have a watch I wear that keeps track of calories. Came with band that goes under your chest. It's pretty accurate. I typically burn anywere from 280-300 some calories per workout. Plus you continue burning calories after the workout for up to an hour. It depends on how hard you push yourself in those 25 minutes. I have lost inches as well and toned up a lot with T25. I'm happy with the results thus far. I'm going to start P90X3 next. I think for a 25 minute workout it's really good. Don't give up! It's all about the diet too :smile: It takes time to take it all off. Easy to put the weight on, hard to take it off for sure. Good luck everyone! I have another 28-30 pounds left to hit my goal. No turning back!
  • ksamra100
    Options
    Thanks Kris, Yes I will continue to use T 25. I don't want to leave it in between. The satisfaction of completing entire program would be very thrilling plus I know this is slow and steady process so I will be patient. I thought about buying a calorie counter when I started working out in Jan but than decided against it. However I think its a really bad idea since I am pretty much guessing my calories burned. What watch and chest strap do you wear? I have been doing some research and FT 60, Fitbit and Polar Loop Activity Monitor and H7 Heart Rate Transmitter all look good but I'm not sure how these are different.

I would like to wear a wristband that I wear all day long which would track calories burned, miles walked, steps, HR etc. What do you suggest? Does your watch show calories burned on days when you are doing strength training? Does your watch automatically sync the stats with MFP?

Thanks for your help.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    . How do you guys know how many calories are you burning during the workout? Are you wearing a wristband to get an accurate calorie burn count?

I wear Polar FT4 Heart Rate monitor with a chest strap that way you know for sure how many calories you burned during your workout.
  • impromark
    impromark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just hit my target weight (yay!) by the first week of Beta. Gonna keep going to lose more inches (which has been happening) and hopefully build some muscle by the Gamma phase - as I understand it incorporates a fair amount of lifting to achieve some of that.

Mark
  • ksamra100
    Options
    Wow! congrats on hitting your target. Yip I will continue with T 25 until I finish Beta ( I don't have Gamma). I have to incorporate a heart monitor for during workout and for the rest of the day. However I can't decide between FT 60, Fitbit and Polar Loop Activity Monitor and H7 Heart Rate Transmitter ?
  • ksamra100
    Options
    Does your FT automatically sync with MFP? Do you wear your watch and chest strap only during workout or for the entire day?
  • Kris1279
    Options
    My hubby bought it for me from Best Buy, it's a Polar FT4- watch and it came with a band- heart rate sensor thing I wear under my boobs lol:) It was about $100 bucks I think. I feel it's pretty accurate. It doesn't link up with MFP, but you plug in your info like weight and all that and it's nice, tells you calories and all that good stuff. I also don't like wearing thing around my arms all day. So many different options out there. I just think if you keep doing the work and eating right it will come off. It's hard and I'm impatient and feel I should be 30 pounds thinner already for how hard I'm trying, but healthy is about a pound to pound 1/2 a week. So I'm happy. I feel better all together since starting in Jan 2014. Wish it was easier at times, but it's all about al ife style change for the long haul for me. Good luck. Hope you find something that works with showing calories and all that good stuff.
  • Kris1279
    Options
    I wear my watch and band sometimes all day, but usually just for about an hour after my workout. It stays on just fine during workouts and all that too. Mine is pink. :)
  • ksamra100
    Options
    Thanks Kris!. I m in the same boat. Working out and eating healthy since Jan 2014 and only lost 4 pounds yet. But Im not looking at it as just trying to lose weight. I have to make this lifestyle change so will need to be patient. I will look into the HRM.. It would be good if watch or wristband sync automatically with MFP.
  • Kris1279
    Options
    So true, it's a life style change and how you feel not just about the numbers on the scale, if you feel better and your clothes are getting bigger that's great. The pounds will come off. Takes so much time. I'm down 11 since I started 65 days ago. Feel like it should be 40 pounds, but we are doing it the right way. Exercise and eating right. Not fad diets and extreme stuff. Good luck. :) Hope you find a calorie tracker that works for you.
  • wendyreid5437
    Options
    I have a support group on FB that I would love for you to join. We try to keep each other motivated and help out with questions or suggestions. Wendy Bbcoach Reid
  • ksamra100
    Options
    Thanks! Good luck to you too!.
  • shiva916
    shiva916 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am on my last week of alpha right now and have lost 12 lbs. Have tried to stay at my allowed cals per mfp but can admit that I have had some cheat days. For what it is it's a great 25-30 mins of exercise when you are too busy to dedicate an hour or more.
  • PixieQueen25
    PixieQueen25 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Have you tried using Shakeology along with the workout?

way too expensive
  • mdm2424
    mdm2424 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm one week away from finishing T-25 (Alpha, Beta). I lost 18lbs so far. I haven't changed my diet much except I tried to elimate fast food. These workouts may be only 25 minutes, but they will make you work! I did P90X, but it took up too much time and I didn't get the results I thought I would. Got T-25 off of someone on craigslist for half the price. I wish I would have taken a before picture to get that T-shirt! Starting to see my abs come through, which was quite a surprise to me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!