If we had a zombie apocalypse what is your strength?

Options

Replies

• NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I know how to throw axes and knives, own 2 swords, have decent basic medical knowledge and camping/survival skills, and have enough of a sociopathic streak to let strangers die to protect people I care about.

And I can run basically forever, although that doesn't help if they're Day of the Dead/World War Z fast zombies. If it's *that* kind of zombie apocalypse just kill yourselves.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    good aim, lots of ammo...and a kid that loves to use a sword!! haha
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Not to hijack the thread, but what I don't get about Zombie outbreaks is:

1) There's always a group of survivors who have 'immunity' to whatever caused the initial outbreak
    2) This immunity is rendered moot whenever a survivor is attacked and bitten

Now, I can understand a survivor being torn to bits in zombie brain-lust, but what I just don't get is how a survivor can be turned.

Can someone explain the epidemiology?
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    The zombies clearly have the winning team. I'm hooking up with them.
  • snappyapples
    Options
    Besides the fact that hubs is a former Marine and grew up in KY (the state, not the jelly you pervs) and our two best friends are super paranoid and have stores/aresonols/escape plans, I'm hoping to live on the shoulders of giants. If left to my own devices, I'm a bit of a mess. Very clumsy, loud, and not sneaky at all...

But I can man a kitchen, keep inventory, and sling beer all night?

(Honestly I'll probably join da_bears and Mia_RagazzaTo)
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    I've had extensive survival training in the military. My cardio condition is pretty good and I'm a good shot.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options

1) There's always a group of survivors who have 'immunity' to whatever caused the initial outbreak

Now, I can understand a survivor being torn to bits in zombie brain-lust, but what I just don't get is how a survivor can be turned.

Plot device, don't over think it.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Ex-military, which makes me weapons proficient. Wisconsinite, so hunting and fishing skills are a given. Grew up around classic and race cars so I know my way around motors. Eagle Scout, I know what to eat, where to find it and can make fire on command. Oh yeah, I'm also a home brewer... I'm thinking I might be just fine and be a good candidate to participate in global repopulation.

To bad I'll be the first one eaten and dead.

Maybe he's into that!?

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kinesiology, nutrition and Dinosaurs
    Four words... Early Morning Hangover Sex. Nuff said!
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Ability to turn off emotional attachments and make decisions that ensure the survival of the most people.

And I'm physically strong. And I have wilderness survival skills.
  • gonefishin1282
    gonefishin1282 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Zero moral objection to capping anyone or anything that gets in my way.

Oh, and I can cook.

We gotta keeper!!!! =)
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options

Just go with we're all infected and it works better. Or look into your local ZRS! We like talking about this kind of stuff. :)
  • f1redshoes
    Options
    I'm reasonably well prepared, but my main strength is knowing how to do all manner of things that would be incredibly useful if we suddenly didn't have technology to do them for us. Oh, and I can make just about anything out of whatever is lying around ;)
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I'm really good at sitting quietly. Does that count?

Also... zombie trivia?
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Years of preparation. If you want to survive you'll stick with me.

Honestly though, a Romero/Walking Dead style zombie outbreak really wouldn't be as bad as we imagine. You know the single greatest tool that will save us all? Doors. Doorknobs specifically. Zombies can't open doors. If you live someplace with a lot of ground floor windows you're in trouble. That's when you follow Max Brooks advice, move everything up stairs and then destroy those stairs. But slow moving, shambling zombies are going to have a lot of trouble breaking down a door, even with a few of them pushing against one. The sad truth is a zombie outbreak would end up being kind of pathetic.

See how much I've thought about this?

I find myself checking out random buildings and landscapes for zombie cover all the time :laugh:

My house would be perfect in a ZA. There is a wide canal behind the house, so they wouldn't have access that way. Also, across the street is another lake so there would be no access that way either. Plus, all the first floor windows are at least 8 feet off the ground. There is a ridiculously heavy, wide basement door that has crazy huge bolt locks. Only thing I'd have to fix would be the basement windows, however I have a mini-barn full of plywood and scrap wood that would cover that. I also live within walking distance (still a few miles, but definitely get there in and back in a day) of plenty of grocery stores, gas stations etc.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Typically the virus is transferred by bites or other contact with contaminated blood, rarely is it airborne. There's a Patient Zero who infects those around him, who infect those around them, etc.

So when your precious loved ones start to turn, don't get all sentimental. I've explained to my own daughter since she was 4 years old, "Daddy loves you with all his heart, but if you ever become a zombie I will not hesitate to stab you in the brain." She's always been very patient with me and just rolls her eyes and says, "Yes daddy."

I'll be with this guy.

Well, if Da_Bears doesn't get to me first.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    WOOOOW.

Maybe I should become the a ZOMBIE Leader and take you others out.....

Already already have some others that are willing to switch teams....

Wait that did not come out right....
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    To be able to locate any item on the internet where others fail. I can probably count on one hand how many times I've come up empty handed.
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'll take care of the kids. LOL... :drinker:

I do love kickboxing... maybe I can put some hurt on some of those zombies! (I always secretly pretend I'm fighting zombies in class!)
  • nightshiftzoomer
    Options
    Being a member of RAZAC!