Week 6, "H20" Lose 20 Pounds by Halloween Challenge.

Options

Replies

• AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I have an idea for a mini challenge amongst the Halloween challenge..

Anyone interested in cutting ONE thing out of our diet thru the month of october???

Since we will be ending this challenge on October 31st, i figured it was a good choice.. Any input??
  • AprilVal
    Options
    62117_1612008621429_1272679654_1686843_5558162_n.jpg

"Our lives are defined not by the challenges we encounter,but by how we respond to those challenges." ~ Jonathan Lockwood Huie

My Best friend Chandra posted this in her Motivation group on Facebook.. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780 feel free to join her group.. I chose to use it for this group, and for the facebook H20 group.. If you have not joined its.. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=144117988960394&ref=ts

Dont forget to join the web page if you havent yet.. www.teamh20.webs.com
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options

Anyone interested in cutting ONE thing out of our diet thru the month of october???

Since we will be ending this challenge on October 31st, i figured it was a good choice.. Any input??

I like it. I'd like to give up ....uh......French Fries - they are so not good for me, but I eat them everytime......that's it's no french fries until Oct 31. BTW, the last time I did this (at Easter this year) it was pop and I've had a few since then, but not daily....not even weekly so great idea!!!
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options

This sounds like a good idea...I think I would like to cut out fast food burgers. I really love them, and never have them more than once a week...but I know they're not good in any amount. I pledge to have salads instead of burgers when my family eats out.
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

This sounds like a good idea...I think I would like to cut out fast food burgers. I really love them, and never have them more than once a week...but I know they're not good in any amount. I pledge to have salads instead of burgers when my family eats out.

[homer simpson voice] mmmm, fast food burgers, *drool*[/homer simpson voice] I have burgers more often than I should. What I tend to do though is dissect the thing and eat just the top half - top bun, cheese, burger patty - and that's it. Or at In-n-Out, get my Double Double protein style (wrapped in lettuce). Stupid yummy burgers.

I would like to try this challenge. I don't know what to give up...not gonna give up chocolate or alcohol since TOM is around the corner (:laugh:). Don't drink much soda anymore but when I do it's Diet Coke and is a treat thing. I seriously used to drink SO much Diet Coke. I can honestly say I was addicted. Started keeping water bottles in the house, putting two in the freezer at a time. Can't let them sit in there for too long or they'll freeze so I am forced to take 'em out and who can say no to a perfectly chilled bottle of H20?

I'll try to decide something by this evening. May end up giving up french fries, chips, or having more than 2 beers in any one evening (gets muy difficult when we're across the street hanging out in our neighbor's garage - he keeps an icebox devoted to just Corona which is up for grabs and if you're not drinking, peer pressure is on the way).
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I started my Etsy store today! :bigsmile:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MissChristine116

Etsy said it may take about 24 hours for the shop to be fully functional and available to the public, so if it isn't up immediately my apologies. But, yay! I took the leap! And it looks like I got the wine bottle jewelry company I work for into a local holiday craft fair, so I'm thinking I'm going to have to make some cards and gift tags to take to that. Why not?!
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm totally down for cutting something out.. I just don't know what yet. I've already joined another group that's cut out eating out for the month. Give me the rest of the day, I'm sure I can find something to give up.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Okay so I totally blew my giving up fries this week idea.....LOL Not my fault, well not my fault in so much as it was mindless eating. I did pick it up, put it in my mouth, chew it and swallow it....more than once. I'm still going to work on this, but more as a mindless eating reminder task (my husband ordered it at the restaurant and I had about 3 before I realized it).

So I'm going to give up something else in addition that I usually do every day to make up for that.....coffee. I can so do without the morning coffee - i don't desperately NEED it. I'd be happy with a hot tea (that I take without milk) or to be quite honest, right now I could do with a bottle of water, once it gets cold though....it'll be tea.

I need to drop the caffeine eventually anyways. So my give up is really mindless eating. I'm going to stop consuming things without really wanting to eat them - I made a conscious decision not to order fries and then ate some anyway. I don't need coffee in the morning but I drink it anyway.
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Im still debating on what I want to give up.. I FORGOT to get on the wii fit before eatin gand getting my shower today.. What was i thinkiing? Blah.. I will get on it in the morning to see where Im at.. I gotta have selfcontrol when eating today.. Seriously.. I can do this.. It doesnt help that I have SOOOO many bad food choices..

Hope everyone has a great weekend.. Im on my way to drop the clothes off to moms then off to work I go.. :) I <3 my life... .
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about what to 'give up', my thing is I don't want to give up anything because I do everything in moderationa nd not all the time. If I honestly tell myself 'NO MORE BONELESS CHICKEN WINGS' I'd get them at least once a week just because. The only thing I've honestly been able to tell myself to stop was soda, and it was a horrible addiction. I stopped this April and the only time I had ANY since was on my hubbys bday, I had a crown and dr pepper and I couldn't even taste the dr pepper. I'm still limiting myself on eating fast food, which I haven't really had. I refuse to eat McD's unless it's literally the ONLY thing available like on a road trip to where ever. I have had Quiznos a couple of weeks ago, and then Buffalo Wild Wings, but that's about it. And sugary candy, the only thing I eat is special dark chocolate with almonds from hersheys. So I'm pretty good on that. I know my eating is far from perfect, but there isn't much I'd really want to cut out for the month, I've never been much of a cake or donut eater.I don't know. This could take me forever to figure out!! LOL!
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    HEYA! Soooo between dental work and this cold flu thing and crappy internets I've been out for like 2 weeks. Here's my check in

SW: 245.4
    W1: 241.4
    W2: 238.8
    W3: 237
    W4: 233.6
    W5: 232
    W6: 228

Although I think this last weeks drop is probably due do not being able to eat solid foods. But I'm still super excited! Only 3lbs to go!!

Congrats to all those who lost while I was 'away' WTG!!! Everyone here is awesome!

As to giving up something...I'm torn, I'm with Bru in that when I restrict myself, I usually end up eating it for some reason. I think I'll stick with what I've cut out so far. Meat and all the other things being a vegetarian has cut out of my diet and soda (and juice really unless it's natural). I like the idea of maybe doing a week/month without eating out. That seems like a cool plan.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone. Can I join in? :flowerforyou: I want to be down to 200 by the 30th (my birthday), I've got about 12 more pounds to go. :bigsmile:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone. Can I join in? :flowerforyou: I want to be down to 200 by the 30th (my birthday), I've got about 12 more pounds to go. :bigsmile:
    well of course you can join! We're pretty laidback and always here to help. Feel free to let us know your ups and downs and all-arounds!! Welcome!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Here I am day 2 of October and I still dont know what I want to try to cut out of my diet thru the month.. Im sure I will figure something out.. Blah..

Tomorrow will be the start of week SEVEN!! Woo hoo! Were coming right along. Happy to see how well everyone is doing..

I hope everyone is doing well, and feeling well..

I have noticed alot of us are starting to drag *kitten*.. I know this challenge is sooo long.. Maybe we need to switch it up a bit??? Give us somethign we HAVE to do?? Just an idea.. Give me input..

TOM is sailing on out.. yay!! So glad its over.. Wasnt too bad but a little worse than normal. Been eating chocolate like crazy this time.. Blah... ooh well..

Hope everyone has had a great weekend thus far..

Anything exciting going on?

Welcome to Delphic.. You are ALWAYS welcomed to join.. :) We are a friendly group.. Do your weigh in tomorrow and just stick with us.. We will be starting a new challenge on November 1st..
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    hello everyone!!!
    weigh in tonight is 310.6 !!!
    since joining the challenge that is 13 pounds gone!!
    I had a slight bout of food poisoning or just plain can't tolerate rich food any more~:
    so for week 6:310.6

I am still wondering what one thing I want to give up.I do not drink soda or all liquor.
    I do know one of my weaknesses(sp) ....butter!!!..I try to be good with it..BUT..
    good luck everyone!!
    peace out~
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm at 329.6 lbs - It's going SLOW this past week or two. I'm going to try and pick things up a bit so I can meet the Halloween date. :) I started my own challenge to help me get there, it's the: 1 Week Wii Fit Challenge. heheh I'm hoping it will help motivate me to start using my Wii Fit more. :D Now that I've dropped 55 lbs I need to step up my fitness a bit. :)
  • ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    Weigh in completed and was down another 2.2 pounds!! Yay!! :happy:

Starting Halloween Challenge: 216.8

1st Weigh In [31/08/10]: 215.0 = 1.8 Loss
    2nd Weigh In [05/09/10]: 213.4 = 1.6 Loss
    3rd Weigh In [12/09/10]: 211.8 = 1.6 Loss
    4th Weigh In [19/09/10]: 209.4 = 2.4 Loss
    5th Weigh In [26/09/10]: 207.6 = 1.8 Loss

6th Weigh In [03/10/10]: 205.4 = 2.2 Loss

Total Lost Since H20 Started: 11.4

Goal: 196.8 = 8.6 lbs To Go!!!

Not sure if I can lose 8.6 lbs in 4 weeks but I'll do my best! I'm only 5.5 lbs away from ONEderland which was the initial goal I had set myself to get down to before Halloween so if I can at least hit that I will be well proud!! :smile:
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I had to show someone my before and after 26lb pics. It really was the first time I noticed I had really lost weight :D
    b59f896BhT433897

58104_440701987122_509387122_5425392_2634701_n.jpg
  • AprilVal
    Options
    I'm at 329.6 lbs - It's going SLOW this past week or two. I'm going to try and pick things up a bit so I can meet the Halloween date. :) I started my own challenge to help me get there, it's the: 1 Week Wii Fit Challenge. heheh I'm hoping it will help motivate me to start using my Wii Fit more. :D Now that I've dropped 55 lbs I need to step up my fitness a bit. :)

Way to go Stacy.. Keep up all the good work.. <3
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Weigh in completed and was down another 2.2 pounds!! Yay!! :happy:

Starting Halloween Challenge: 216.8

1st Weigh In [31/08/10]: 215.0 = 1.8 Loss
    2nd Weigh In [05/09/10]: 213.4 = 1.6 Loss
    3rd Weigh In [12/09/10]: 211.8 = 1.6 Loss
    4th Weigh In [19/09/10]: 209.4 = 2.4 Loss
    5th Weigh In [26/09/10]: 207.6 = 1.8 Loss

6th Weigh In [03/10/10]: 205.4 = 2.2 Loss

Total Lost Since H20 Started: 11.4

Goal: 196.8 = 8.6 lbs To Go!!!

Not sure if I can lose 8.6 lbs in 4 weeks but I'll do my best! I'm only 5.5 lbs away from ONEderland which was the initial goal I had set myself to get down to before Halloween so if I can at least hit that I will be well proud!! :smile:

Yay,, Keep up all the good work hun.. You are doing amazing!! :)