*cake in the conference room* -- 2 days in a row --

Options
sunship
sunship Posts: 59 Member
-- and both days, successfully resisted the urge.

i can't hold out forever though -- :\

reminds me of the gaffigan skit here --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o-u4IwXkbE

cake = sugary carbs = CALORIES -- but it sure is a nice change from water -- :o

sfr-62.jpg

Replies

• PibbleLover88
    PibbleLover88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    There are cupcakes in my conference room right now too.

Here is what I'm thinking: if they were awesome cupcakes from a cute bakery - sure, I'd rework my calories or do an extra work out and have one. If I were to share one over coffee with a good friend, I'd work it in.

But random, sub-par food that someone baked too much of and then brought into work is not worth it to me! Seeing as how none of the cupcakes EVEN HAVE CHOCOLATE - not worth the calories :-)
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Yep. Since I came in yesterday morning..... Cupcakes & donuts.

I love donuts.

But so far so good ... i just run in there to get my water and GTFO!

:-D
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    My office always gets really cheap goodies, so I'm able to skip. Over the years of trying to eat better, I've become a bit of a sweets snob. >_>;; If it isn't gourmet, I think it's just not worth the calories. I also have a MAD sweet tooth, so things like sheet cakes and cupcakes from the grocery store just don't cut it for me anyway - we also have many a candy bowl around the entire building, but they're usually filled with hershey bars and kisses, also not worth it. xD
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options

Here is what I'm thinking: if they were awesome cupcakes from a cute bakery - sure, I'd rework my calories or do an extra work out and have one. If I were to share one over coffee with a good friend, I'd work it in.

But random, sub-par food that someone baked too much of and then brought into work is not worth it to me! Seeing as how none of the cupcakes EVEN HAVE CHOCOLATE - not worth the calories :-)
    NO CHOCOLATE!!!! why even bother to make such food!..lol
  • triskaidekaphile13
    triskaidekaphile13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I went to a school to do a careers event today. Warm croissants on arrival, bacon sandwiches or rolls after we finished. I drank a black decaf tea and ate a pear in the car afterwards. I could have fitted them into my calories if I'd wanted one but I genuinely didn't.
  • DavidSTC
    DavidSTC Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My office always gets really cheap goodies, so I'm able to skip. Over the years of trying to eat better, I've become a bit of a sweets snob. >_>;; If it isn't gourmet, I think it's just not worth the calories. I also have a MAD sweet tooth, so things like sheet cakes and cupcakes from the grocery store just don't cut it for me anyway - we also have many a candy bowl around the entire building, but they're usually filled with hershey bars and kisses, also not worth it. xD

^This.

You really have to have something special for me to get interested in piling on calories with sweets.
  • sunship
    Options
    bacon sandwiches

omg.

congrats for resisting -- :)
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    This is the fourth weekend in a row that I've had to make a cake for someone. I have frosting in buckets all over my house. I'm really looking forward to being done with this one because I don't have any more on the horizon for awhile.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Send your portion up here. I'm "allowed" all the Naughty Foodz.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Like another poster, unless that cake came from buddy from cake boss, it isnt worth the waisted calories. I could eat 2-3 slices of an average chocolate cake and not feel satisfied, but if i make a rich chocolate fudge cake a few bites is all it takes and im good. I usually eat a bunch of fruit before i eat my cake.
  • Ataraxia81
    Ataraxia81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This morning one of my co workers brought in breakfast pizza because she won $500 on a scratch off. I had two slices and managed to resist eating anymore. It was delicious.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    My first thought was I wish I was you with delicious cake at work two days in a row but... we celebrated Pi(e) day on Friday. I didn't know it was possible to eat so much that I'd feel like **** the rest of the day afterwards. Literally my heart would race every time I was awake and I couldn't really rest. I can't actually say it wasn't worth it just yet, I mean , cake and pie, come on.
  • sunship
    Options
    This morning one of my co workers brought in breakfast pizza because she won $500 on a scratch off. I had two slices and managed to resist eating anymore. It was delicious.

damn -- and the big question is, how many cals??

:)
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have a "never on a weekday" rule when it comes to deviating from my pre-logged food (which includes treats anyway) and it works to keep repeating it and my colleagues even say it to me now.

It's just a cake/cookie/whatever and there will always be cake/cookie/whatever - food isn't going to disappear from the planet so why the need to eat "just because it's there", it'll ALWAYS be there.

There is also nothing worse than caving in and then finding it tastes like cack anyway!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I came for the cake... There is cake, right?
  • xamykate
    xamykate Posts: 8
    Options
    I developed a gluten intolerance and now I need to stay away from any goodies people have around me - even my own bloody birthday cake!
    It has a two-fold affect, I cannot eat them but the mental torture makes me crave something I can eat haha.

Anytime I'm near a coffee shop with a gluten free something it's mine though.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    bacon sandwiches

omg.

congrats for resisting -- :)

Why congratulate that?? I would congratulate eating the bacon sandwich.....every day should have bacon in it!

Hmmmm, seems I will be adding bacon to my roast beef dinner tonight!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

^^^ this is a really good attitude.... some foods are not worth the hassle trying to fit them in your calories/macros, others are. Learning to tell the difference is a big step. This is why I don't eat Krispy Kreme. As pretty as they look, I never really enjoy eating them that much. I'd rather save the calories for something that I'm really going to enjoy.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

^^^ this is a really good attitude.... some foods are not worth the hassle trying to fit them in your calories/macros, others are. Learning to tell the difference is a big step. This is why I don't eat Krispy Kreme. As pretty as they look, I never really enjoy eating them that much. I'd rather save the calories for something that I'm really going to enjoy.

Yep, this for me too.

If the "cheesecake lady" in my office brings in one of her creations, then yeah, I'm having some. If someone brings in those sad tasteless Walmart sugar cookies, no thanks I'm good.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Tea-and-Cake-or-DEATH.gif