Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I heard there was cake here...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    My office never has anything good.

*kicks rocks*

I don't even have an office... I have to bake all the cakes myself. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Tea-and-Cake-or-DEATH.gif

Death Star Canteen is the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv5iEK-IEzw

This is Jeff Vader!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    There are cupcakes in my conference room right now too.

Here is what I'm thinking: if they were awesome cupcakes from a cute bakery - sure, I'd rework my calories or do an extra work out and have one. If I were to share one over coffee with a good friend, I'd work it in.

But random, sub-par food that someone baked too much of and then brought into work is not worth it to me! Seeing as how none of the cupcakes EVEN HAVE CHOCOLATE - not worth the calories :-)

^^^ this is a really good attitude.... some foods are not worth the hassle trying to fit them in your calories/macros, others are. Learning to tell the difference is a big step. This is why I don't eat Krispy Kreme. As pretty as they look, I never really enjoy eating them that much. I'd rather save the calories for something that I'm really going to enjoy.

Yep, this for me too.

If the "cheesecake lady" in my office brings in one of her creations, then yeah, I'm having some. If someone brings in those sad tasteless Walmart sugar cookies, no thanks I'm good.

Yah this...work had woopie pies and cookies and fruit on monday for St Patricks day...grabbed some grapes and strawberries and a woopie pie...ate the fruit...then took a bite of the woopie pie and was like...ah no...sub par chocolate just wont do...

Now if they had been my woopies pies with peanut butter frosting Im all over that like white on rice.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    My office never has anything good.

*kicks rocks*

Mine either. *kicks rocks alongside Mia*
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    bacon sandwiches

omg.

congrats for resisting -- :)

Why congratulate that?? I would congratulate eating the bacon sandwich.....every day should have bacon in it!

Hmmmm, seems I will be adding bacon to my roast beef dinner tonight!

Bacon can be added in at any meal. It's one of the easiest foods to fit into any given day/meal.
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I would probably eat the cake, then feel guilty...lol
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    If someone brought cake in here, i would burn this place down to the ground...
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Know the feeling. I work at Walmart and they always treat/reward us with food. Safety incentives and whatnot... Hard to not give in, I am the one who does the cooking for 3rd shift, so it can be very difficult to stay away. We had a taco bar a couple weeks ago. Not quite as bad, I made a salad out of mine with few chops and lotsa veggies.... anyway, yes it is hard when free food is available.
  • sunship
    sunship Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If someone brought cake in here, i would burn this place down to the ground...

this is funny.

i swear, with all the incentive for healthcare programs to trim weight for health (and to lower their and company's costs), it just doesn't jive that companies let anything edible through their doors.
  • jilliangetsit
    jilliangetsit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Stay awayyy from the conference roooooom lol besides, the frosting is probably crusty and stale by now anyway - that'd be a pointless binge for something that tastes disgusting!
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I agree with several other posters. If it's GOOD free food, I'll fit it in. The success is in passing on marginal stuff just because it's there. I can take a bite and throw the rest out now.
  • ascottmosley
    Options
    Agreed. Especially if it doesn't contain chocolate. Why bother. :happy:
  • andylowry
    andylowry Posts: 89
    Options
    The Evil Ones around here frequently bring cookies and cakes to tempt me with, and every Friday brings doughnuts of such great power that just walking past them has to be recorded as calorie intake. I work for a company that owns gas stations, so every time a wholesale vendor brings samples (candy bars, chips, what-have-you) they wind up getting put on the table too.

BASTIDGES!
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Cookies everywhere here! I'm always up for a good cookie but give me a freakin break!
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    bacon sandwiches

omg.

congrats for resisting -- :)

Why congratulate that?? I would congratulate eating the bacon sandwich.....every day should have bacon in it!

Hmmmm, seems I will be adding bacon to my roast beef dinner tonight!

Bacon can be added in at any meal. It's one of the easiest foods to fit into any given day/meal.

Now I want bacon
  • woods_deana
    Options
    The girls and I are ordering a large pizza for the office for lunch. I'm gunna try to manage only TWO slices. Then I'm gunna have to do some serious Just Dance 3 with the youth tonight. Pizza is my kryptonite.