Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an eating disorder.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Now option number 3... Give up some exercise?

Does anyone see the irony in this???

I'm not being smart? Or rude.. I just don't get this...

It's ok to eat more fat.. It's ok to exercise less... Just make that calorie quota by any means necessary?

Can anyone make this make sense?

seriously you need healthy fats in your diet - get it from yogurt, olive oil, cheese, dairy - I don't recommend eating 3 tblsp of mayo that has no nutritional value

good lord eat a handful of almonds
  • jaimedeline77
    jaimedeline77 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Y'all I have no desire to starve myself! Promise! I'm just trying to figure it out.

Maybe I need to learn more carbs.. My protein is fine. But I think after all the low carb trials I got wired that way!

Bread, sweets, and pasta... I cannot be trusted lol!

But then I wonder... If it's working? Why mess with it? Ugh it's a cluster mess! Where was this class in school?? Haha I think I slept thru something!!!
  • jaimedeline77
    Options
    what are you doing to burn that many calories in exercise?

Treadmill
  • healthygreek
    Options
    Look up orthorexia.
    Seriously.
  • jaimedeline77
    Options
    Lol!!! I like you :)

That's what I've been eating to meet that 1200 mark. I'm just questioning the 59% fat. Seems high? But golly I'm eating like a horse veggie wise and protein!

It's ok to eat more fat.. It's ok to exercise less... Just make that calorie quota by any means necessary?

seriously you need healthy fats in your diet - get it from yogurt, olive oil, cheese, dairy - I don't recommend eating 3 tblsp of mayo that has no nutritional value

• knra_grl
    Options
    Y'all I have no desire to starve myself! Promise! I'm just trying to figure it out.

Maybe I need to learn more carbs.. My protein is fine. But I think after all the low carb trials I got wired that way!

Bread, sweets, and pasta... I cannot be trusted lol!

But then I wonder... If it's working? Why mess with it? Ugh it's a cluster mess! Where was this class in school?? Haha I think I slept thru something!!!

possibly and I think the word "fat" is wired to your brain the wrong way also - no offense - but there is a daily allowance for a reason - we need healthy fats - the "bad" fats are trans fats of which there is no daily allowance for - you could check the data base before eating something to check the nutritional values
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    What do you want us to tell you? We're telling you not to have some paranoid fear of carbs, but you just respond by saying that you "can't be trusted" or whatever with carbs.

So you refuse to eat carbs. And you're asking us if you should eat carbs? Like what?
  • jaimedeline77
    Options
    I don't think not eating sweets, bread, or pasta constitutes an eating disorder lol.
    Look up orthorexia.
    Seriously.
  • healthygreek
    Options
    Lol!!! I like you :)

That's what I've been eating to meet that 1200 mark. I'm just questioning the 59% fat. Seems high? But golly I'm eating like a horse veggie wise and protein!

[/quote

You've been under 1000 calories for a while!
    How are you eating like a horse?
    See a doctor!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I think you're making this too hard.

Your number 1 priority is to meet your calorie goal.

Then meet your fat goal and try to exceed your protein goal.

Don't cut out foods unnecessarily.

Eat back half of your exercise calories (MFP overestimates)

And there you go, you're sorted.

eta: and I agree with Achrya down there. You can't have low everything.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You want to be low carb. Cool, be low carb, but understand that being low carb means being high in protein and fat.

Don't want to be high in fat? Also cool, be low fat is that's what floats your boat, bu if that's the case you need to realize that means being higher in protein and carbs.

You can't be low in all the things. Pick one, go forth, eat some food.
  • knra_grl
    Options
    What do you want us to tell you? We're telling you not to have some paranoid fear of carbs, but you just respond by saying that you "can't be trusted" or whatever with carbs.

So you refuse to eat carbs. And you're asking us if you should eat carbs? Like what?

Not sure but I will add that I never track my carbs macro and I am seldom over it - I opt for whole grain and multi grain pastas and breads. I don't keep sweets in the house and will enjoy the occassional treat. I eat white rice because I don't like the taste of brown and once you decide that 1/2 or 3/4 of a cup is enough - you won't even think about it anymore - but honestly I DO NOT watch my carbs as much as I watch my sodium and like to go over on my protein - just me but you have to find what works but please try to get a bit over your 1200 :drinker:
  • roz250
    roz250 Posts: 23
    Options
    Edited my helpful-ness.

OP, seek professional help as, whether you admit it or not, you have an eating disorder.

I'm out.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I don't think not eating sweets, bread, or pasta constitutes an eating disorder lol.
    Look up orthorexia.
    Seriously.

What about not eating fruit, solely because it has carbs and you're afraid of carbs?
  • jaimedeline77
    Options

Sorry I wasted y'all's time. I was just curious about something I can obviously not explain.
    I didn't intend on becoming placed on the defensive?

Lol, I'm not feeling very welcomed at the moment. I will gracefully bow out. Again, I apologize.
    God bless you all on your journey and I wish everyone good health.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Look up orthorexia.
    Seriously.

What about not eating fruit, solely because it has carbs and you're afraid of carbs?

MFP has taught me that fruit is the gateway drug to sugar addiction.

Or maybe it's exempt from sugar addiction.

I get confused.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Seriously? I'm frustrated! Lol it's like if I ate 3 tbsp of mayo everyday everyone would marvel at my excellent calorie count Lol!

So what's worse? Eating the mayo or coming in short on my calories!??

I wouldn't do mayo - eat REAL food - have a glass of 2% milk - eat an ounce of cheese - have a tblsp of peanut butter on a couple crackers

Ugh. Real food? So what's fake food? Since it's fake I don't have to count it right??

2zz4vbk.gif
  • jonnythan
    Options

Sorry I wasted y'all's time. I was just curious about something I can obviously not explain.
    I didn't intend on becoming placed on the defensive?

Lol, I'm not feeling very welcomed at the moment. I will gracefully bow out. Again, I apologize.
    God bless you all on your journey and I wish everyone good health.

Not hearing what you want to hear, so you're leaving?

Here are the facts:
    You are not eating enough.
    Your fiber intake is horrifically low.
    You have an irrational paranoid fear of "carbs" irrespective of the actual food itself.

So, no, what you're doing is not good.

I assume you wanted someone to tell you "yes you're doing great!" based on your responses to this thread. Sorry that didn't happen.