What's wrong with me?

Options
2»

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    That's a habit. Bored eating. Break the habit. Find something to do.
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say that I also plan in "8 O'clocksies" when I have a 150-300 cal snack (150 is planned and the extra is if I've earned it on Fitbit).

I also drinks tons, always have, I don't care that it is mainly decaff coffee and tea. I know that too many rules = meltdown for me so anything is better than nothing.

I'm sure all the tips people have left here will help :o)
  • des618
    des618 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Try brushing your teeth after you have your last snack...that works for me...it seems to tell my stomach "that's it, you're done eating for the day." LOL I also knit in the evenings to keep my hands busy, no time for snacking with you're making socks. :-) Good Luck!
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Water is definitely part of it, it sounds like you are under hydrated. Soda really doesn't help because of the sodium it doesn't help your body deal with balancing the sodium (increasing water will likely knock off a pound or 2 as well)
    make sure you get half your body weight in ounces of fluids without sodium as a component (then they are subbing for water - so tea and coffee in a limited way , Water, Infused water (keep a jug in the fridge with slices of cucumber in it for instance) Even Milk and fruit juices count towards it (but have calories to add as well) at 193 pounds I drink 12 cups of water a day (but a part of it is tea, part is sodium free sparkling mineral water with homemade cocktail bitters in it - which is my go to drink since I gave up alcohol in december)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Water is definitely part of it, it sounds like you are under hydrated. Soda really doesn't help because of the sodium it doesn't help your body deal with balancing the sodium (increasing water will likely knock off a pound or 2 as well)
    make sure you get half your body weight in ounces of fluids without sodium as a component (then they are subbing for water - so tea and coffee in a limited way , Water, Infused water (keep a jug in the fridge with slices of cucumber in it for instance) Even Milk and fruit juices count towards it (but have calories to add as well) at 193 pounds I drink 12 cups of water a day (but a part of it is tea, part is sodium free sparkling mineral water with homemade cocktail bitters in it - which is my go to drink since I gave up alcohol in december)
    Were you trying to include every possible hydration myth you could in one post?

For one thing, there's an infintesimal amount of sodium in soda, and tea and coffee have none.

As for the "half your bodyweight" advice, that's also 100% myth.

For hydration, it's drink when thirsty, stop when not. It's actually very difficult to really dehydrate yourself. In fact, most people in the United States are probably OVERhydrated, as we drink far more liquid than we need, and we drink far more liquids than we did even 50 years ago.
  • christypalmatier61
    Options
    If you are watching TV at night sometimes the commercials can trigger your desire to eat more...I leave my elliptical in the living room so when that feeling hits I jump on that for a few minutes to take my mind off of eating....I also brush my teeth and put on lipstick...you can conquer this...just remember to say I "get to" eat healthy and feel better for it...don't say I "have to" loose weight to be healthy...C