Weight vs Size

Options

Replies

• Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2" and 121lbs. I'm a size 10 (UK) for jeans and dresses, possibly a size 8 if the cut is generous. Normally an 8 or 10 for tops. I've got an hour glass figure as I have "childbearing" hips lol
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and 132 as of this morning, and in a sz 6/8 pants depending on how they're made. Once I get under 130, I'll get into my 4s. I'd like to get down to 120.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 160 lbs. I'm size 6 or 8 pants depending on a brand, and medium size tops.
  • silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'5 and a bit, currently at 176lbs and because of my shape (hourglass with 32H on top) i get stretchy UK size 10/12 to fit at my waist and wear a vest under to cover my boobs! trousers i'm in size 12.

i'm not really sure where all my weight sits as i've been in a size 12 trousers/jeans everywhere from 180lbs to my lowest of 156! actually, i think most of my weight is carried in my mahoosive bingo wings ;(
  • britgerow
    Options
    I went from 250 lbs to 190 lbs and only lost 2 sizes in my hips/thighs. On my top, I lost 4 sizes. It all depends on the types of exercises you do (I wanted toned arms, but barely did cardio). I went from 18/20 to 14, and 3x to L even after 60 lbs. I looked smaller, but still maintained a pear shape.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am not your size but just for the sake of more stats...I'm 5'8" 191 lb and currently wear size 14. Although, most of my pants/jeans are 13 or 15 juniors right now because that's what I've found on clearance for cheap.

My biggest was size 22, which I wore at my heaviest weight of 307 and didn't get out of until I was down to about 245 lb and skipped size 20, into a size 18. I think I went from size 18 to 16 around 210-215 lb and then started wearing 14 when I hit the 190s.

Since last June, I have lost 10 inches (maybe more, I haven't measured in a while) from my hips and waist, but only 1/2 inch or so from my bust. Everyone really does lose differently!!

I have no clue what my final/goal size will be because when I started this I assumed that around my CW of 191 I'd still be in a size 18, definitely not the case. I want to get to at least 170 so I guess I may be a 12? I have no idea...10 sounds crazy, I never wore 10. I went straight from the largest size of husky girls clothes at age 9-10 straight to a women's size 12 when I was 11 or so.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" too. my biggest was size 18 and I was 198. now, size 4-6, 131. I want to stay more of a size 6, and stay around 135., 131 it's kinda getting too low for me (age 55 this year)
  • rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and weigh 140 (am trying to get down to 130). I wear a size 10, but they are snug. I want to be a size 6/8. I have a booty.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and weigh about 163, I think. I haven't weighed in a while.

I wear a size US 8 in most clothes. I also have big hips and a lot of muscle in my booty and thighs, so if pants or skirts are slim cut I would likely need a size 10.
  • bethanytapp
    bethanytapp Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Interesting to see how sizes can be all over the map for similar heights and weights.

I am 5' 8 and weigh 158 - I wear a US 12 in jeans and medium tops
    started at 216 and was wearing US 16 and XL tops.

My mom said that a cousin saw a picture of me last week and asked if I was wearing size 8 now. No one believes that I'm still at the top end of healthy weight for me height. If I loose 10 more pounds (which will be the smallest I've been since age 10) people will start to tell me I need to gain weight and I'll still be wearing some size 10 and some size 12 (that's where I was a few years back).
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5" and currently weigh 167 pounds. I can squeeze into a size 10 pant but am more comfortable in a 12. That said, I'm also carrying around some extra skin from being obese for so long so that definitely impacts how clothes fit me. Same goes for tops - I can technically fit into a medium but prefer a large for better coverage.
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Size changes slowly for me. I haven't been shopping for new clothes yet (and won't until I get to my goal) but the pants I have now are all 16 and 18 but very loose. I imagine 14's would be closer but probably quite tight. I'm 193 lbs. I can't imagine I'd ever get below a 14. I don't ever remember wearing a 12 as an adult. Oh, I'm 6' tall. Goal weight is 170 give or take 5 lbs. I think size 14 will fit comfortably at that weight.

My boobs however are disappearing. :( I've been big chested all my life even when I was at my goal weight. I'm very tall and it worked and this new look is taking some getting used to and I'm kind of dreading what another 25 - 30lbs is gonna do. I guess age makes a difference on where/how our bodies deal with weight loss.
  • dlbredesen
    dlbredesen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and weigh 140 lbs. I wear a size 6/8 jeans and some small, mostly medium top.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    5'6" and currently 150 pounds in a size 4/6 depending on the brand. I'd like to lose 13 pounds and be back comfortably in a size 4 in all brands. My thighs are the killer for me. Weight training seems to make them bigger.

Good luck and try not to focus too much on the scale. It's an evil piece of equipment for sure!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and this morning I weighed 196. My 14's are getting a little loose, so I'm in a 12-14. I'm also broad in the shoulders and hips.
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and at my starting weight I was a size 10. I haven't lost much yet, but which what I have lost my pants are looser and belts are necessary. I'm doing a mall trip today so it'll be interesting to see if I can squeeze myself in to anything smaller :bigsmile:
  • ElectricDame
    Options
    I'm 5'8", and 195. I wear a 14 jean, but get told I don't "look" 195 all the time.
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    For the sake of stats...

5'9" 187lbs - Size 12 (or 10 if there's stretch) jeans M or L tops depending on brand. I seem to need the larger size to fit my shoulders and arms.

At my heaviest (291), I was a tight 24 or 26, wearing mainly 3X stretchy stuff.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Greetings!

5'4 and in the neighborhood of 178-183. Size 8 and strength training my way down to a size 6. Size Medium in tops

For perspective: before I strength trained, my smallest size was a 12 @ 165 lbs.
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    5'6" 227lbs, size 16 across the board, L-XL in tops. I'm am built like a brick house though. I've always had more muscle, so I guess I don't "look" like I weigh almost 230lbs.