159cm/5'2 girls maintenance cal?

Options
13»

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Seeing this thread is kind of sad for me. :cry:

I am 5'2 and 160 lbs and currently eating around 1560 calories a day (not eating back exercise calories). Aiming to drop 1 lb a week (hasn't really worked for the past 2 weeks though).

I do cardio 3-4 times a week and lift heavy 3 times a week and I have a sedentary job.

I was really hoping that I could up my calories at some point because I REALLY love to eat! But from the looks of it, most of us shorties are just stuck having to eat on the lower end.
    Most people underestimate actual intake. So they're likely consuming more than reported.
  • Wingg_
    Wingg_ Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm 159cm 43kg(according to my country's health promotion board bmi calculator I'm not underweight, well, I'm Asian)
    I was eating 1640cal not eating my exercise calories evaluate I thought it was low in intensity, but was told by someone that I may have suppressed maintenance calorie so I'm upping my calorie intake by 100cal. I've also changed my exercising routine this week. I go to the gym daily if possible. I will use the stationery bike for 20min, the stairs climber for as long as I can withstand normally around 5-10min and lift light weights for 25times. So not sure if 1740 cal is my maintenance calorie... Hopefully I don't gain weight after upping my cal!